Donald Fisher - Norman Coburn

We did hear him recite a poem (a voiceover) when she left, which did appear to be written specially for the show - I posted it in that thread from a while back.

We also saw him daydream an alternate reality a couple of episodes earlier, when instead of leaving she decided to stay and marry Donald in a small ceremony on the lake where Sally and Flynn married. We saw them celebrate their first wedding anniversary, but soon afterwards things became frayed when Judith wanted to start a family but Donald felt he was too old. The sequence ended with Donald returning home to an empty house with a letter from Judith on the table, before he came back down to earth and we realised he'd imagined the whole thing.

That's amazing, I don't remember that but would love to see it again.

Alexx - I remember that ending you are referring to. I'm sure Judith and Joel kissed passionately and it faded slowly to Don sitting alone in the Diner. Poor Don.

Edited by beau_t

On 16/03/2013 at 9:48 AM, beau_t said:

We did hear him recite a poem (a voiceover) when she left, which did appear to be written specially for the show - I posted it

in that thread from a while back.

We also saw him daydream an alternate reality a couple of episodes earlier, when instead of leaving she decided to stay and marry Donald in a small ceremony on the lake where Sally and Flynn married. We saw them celebrate their first wedding anniversary, but soon afterwards things became frayed when Judith wanted to start a family but Donald felt he was too old. The sequence ended with Donald returning home to an empty house with a letter from Judith on the table, before he came back down to earth and we realised he'd imagined the whole thing.

Not quite the same I know, but a snippet none the less:

donjudith_zps65b66359.jpg

Yes Joel did kiss Judith in that scene whilst Don was at the Diner, I also remember that ending vividly (though sadly think I'm missing that episode) - you really did feel for him.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

On a very good Australian newspaper archive I found this very interesting article on Norman Coburn from 1970. He was over here in the UK in the 1960s and 1970s and the article says he owned 2 restaurants in London and had bought a 25 acre estate in Cornwall, so he was a bit of a businessman as well as an actor.

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/110333181?searchTerm=%22Norman%20Coburn%22&searchLimits=sortby=dateDesc

And another one

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/45652447?searchTerm=%22Norman%20Coburn%22&searchLimits=sortby=dateDesc

I think in 2014, if on the small chance Norman did return it would be for maybe 1 episode.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 2

He won't return after TPTB ruined his character back in 2007.

There's a reason he hasn't been seen since 2007. When Norman first left back in 2003, he made several appearances in 2004 and 2005.

What about retirement, and not wanting to have an extremely long work day! He is 77!!!!

It's not always the writers and producers fault. And if Noman Coburn thought the storylines in 2007 would ruin Fischer, and cared about the character he wouldn't have played it at all. He does read script before acting!!

I think it is wrong to state the reason why someone who aren't returning and when an actor quits home and away. We don't know the truth... And people have personal lives, families and health which we don't know anything about. Home and away is a job for an actor, and people change jobs all the time, and it's not always a disagreement at work that leads to that decision.

• Like 3

• 7 months later...

I don't know why but a comment Adam made to Fisher in the episode I saw tonight had me laugh out loud. I think it is a combination of Adam's brazen attitude and Fisher's reaction. Adam hassled Fisher for days about being the one to get the contract to move Fisher's piano, in the end Fisher finally agrees. Adam can't move the piano as Matt leaves him in the lurch, Fisher walks in and Adam brazenly asks Fisher to give him a hand, even though it is FIsher paying Adam for moving it. I don't know why it struck me as so funny, as it is pretty basic, but it is the fact poor old Fisher stands there like a mug as usual.

fisher.png

Edited by BurgerPhone