Donald Fisher - Norman Coburn

It's now been over 5 years since the veteran Australian actor graced our television screens as Donald Fisher on Home and Away. I'm know that he retired in 2003 so probably doesn't do much these days but has he done anything since 2007? Am I right in thinking that he does a lot of work in theatre? I think he attended a Home and Away celebration in 2009 but there's been no news of him since then. I really hope he might return for H&A's 25th Anniversary celebrations next year!

So, does anyone know what he does these days?

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

I'm almost certain I saw him in some random comedy show a couple of years ago. All I can remember of it was that he was at The Snowy Mountains and played a character very similar to Fisher. It may have even been a cameo and I just happened to catch it.

Obviously we don't know, but surely he would agree to return for a period of time. When Marilyn returned Emily was asked if Donald would be coming back and she didn't say that he wasn't acting anymore, as far as I can remember she just said 'not at this stage, there are no plans' or something along those lines. I would really love them to bring him back.

If I was producer, enticing Norman back for a stint would have been one of the first things on my mind when Maz returned. Maybe they already tried and he refused, but I do hope not.

Edited by alexx

Don is certainly the only believable and effective Principal the school has had in my time.

I would say: Bring Bartlett back.... He was belieavable and good. And i isn't a "used" character in that sense there are a lot to explore with that guy. They did give us some hints in the storyline about him fancying Kirsty, that he was alone. What about his family, did he have any? seperated? never married? Sieblings? So many unaswered questions. And then the writers just dropped him. He was far better for me than Gina as a principal, he was actually less cold and self sentrated even if he had some faults.

And that actor is younger, and probably still very active... Because even if Norman Coburn is doing some local theatre, it is a long way from that to being on home and away, which I have understand is very exhausting long days and you have that constant media attention.

• 1 month later...

I hope that Norman Coburn has been approached for the 25th Anniversary next year. It's been 5 years since we last saw him. I asked Louise Bowes if there were any plans for him returning but I was ignored.

Keep in mind that he is 75 years old now and might not be up to returning.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER
SPAG

I'd love Don to return. He was one of the most realistic characters of the show, but he was memorable at the same time. Unfortunately I can't see him returning and after his forgettable tenure on the show in 2007, I sometimes think it's better that past characters such as himself don't return. By the way, Norman Coburn who played Don is now 75 years old, despite Don being 67 at the moment.

I'd love Don to return. He was one of the most realistic characters of the show, but he was memorable at the same time. Unfortunately I can't see him returning and after his forgettable tenure on the show in 2007, I sometimes think it's better that past characters such as himself don't return. By the way, Norman Coburn who played Don is now 75 years old, despite Don being 67 at the moment.

I agree, his return in 2007 was just horrible. He was brought back because Cameron Welsh loved "Flathead"... but he just loved the legend of Flathead, he didn't really get the character - clearly. Some things shouldn't be messed with.