Revenge

It finished in the UK about 3 weeks ago. Thoughts on the finale, well I never got to see that showdown I hoped with Emily revealing her true identity to Victoria but I still enjoyed the last episode.

Really liked the relationship with Emily and Nolan. I think it's moved on from her seeing him as at best a slight annoyance, convenient for her payback plans to an actual friend. Liked how she risked her life to save him and the courage she had to take on the white haired man and beat him. I thought the scene where she was about to kill him and had a flashback to when she was a child and her dad helped her save the crow was very important. We've seen throughout the series that Emily's had sociopathic tendencies but one thing she's not is a killer. And I'm sure her father would have been proud.

Extremely displeased that Amanda returned and even more annoyed that she's pregnant. Looks like this has put a dampener on any reunion between Emily and Jack.

So Emily's mother is still alive. I would imagine she will be putting in an appearance at some point next season.

And the plane crash. Was that Conrad Grayson himself or one of the people he was working for? Either way I hope Victoria survives as for me she really is one of the best characters and a worthy opponent for Emily.

Just a shame I have to wait until next year.

• 2 months later...

Season 2 has started on E4 but I think I am going to stockpile the episodes and then purge on them later on, which is what I did with season 1. I never really thought much of Emily VanCamp as an actress while watching Brothers & Sisters (and Everwood) but I have to say she has really sunk her teeth into this role and is fantastic.

Plus I love Nolan...

Will definitely be buying the boxsets when they are going cheap in a couple of years :lol:!

• 3 weeks later...

I was very excited for season two after the plane crash and was especially pleased after it was revealed that Victoria had survived. Since Emily's former training partner/lover saved her from the white haired man (see how much gratitude she showed him by knocking him out and dumping him in a garbage truck) to me it feels as though the writers are not sure which direction to take the show. Can't really say I'm all that interested although I will keep watching to see what happens. I dunno, it doesn't feel like it's about revenge anymore.

I was very excited for season two after the plane crash and was especially pleased after it was revealed that Victoria had survived. Since Emily's former training partner/lover saved her from the white haired man (see how much gratitude she showed him by knocking him out and dumping him in a garbage truck) to me it feels as though the writers are not sure which direction to take the show. Can't really say I'm all that interested although I will keep watching to see what happens. I dunno, it doesn't feel like it's about revenge anymore.

Yeah I watch this too and I don't know why I do really :lol: The 1st season was ok even though I do get lost and confused quite abit with the story. I don't know if that is just me not caring or feeling bored it doesn't really wow me to be fair. Season 2 has been even more baffling

• 1 month later...

Good to see the show hasn't completely lost focus of the whole revenge theme with Emily exacting retribution on the judge who handled her father's case. I think the main thing keeping me watching at the moment is finding out more about the Initiative. I find the character of Helen Crowley fascinating and interesting now that Nolan's girlfriend appears to be in league with her and is acting as an informant reporting on activities within Nolcorp.

• 1 year later...

Well it's taken 3 seasons but finally Victoria knows the truth now.

I was so glad last season that all the stuff with the Initiative was over because for me this has always been about Emily and the Graysons and the organisation just got in the way of the storyline. The third season started off slowly but towards the end got better and better.

Was disappointed Margaux and Jack didn't last but it was never going to work. Still can't stand Daniel and don't like how he manipulated Margaux but part of me thinks that she and Daniel deserve each other.

Her brother Gideon seems pretty ruthless (Giving the woman at the bar cocaine so she could overdose and he could use it as leverage to blackmail Daniel) still at least it means he and Nolan can keep Daniel in check.

Felt sorry for Charlotte when she realised Jack was involved in the kidnapping. Obviously he didn't actually do it and was trying to help her but she doesn't know that.

And not only has David Clarke been exonerated but isn't actually dead and decided to stab Conrad to death after Conrad escaped from the prison.

And we got the showdown I'd been hoping for - Emily and her arch nemesis Victoria, all cards on the table. Didn't like the way Victoria smothered Aiden to death but not sure what else his character can do. Also I would like to see something happen with Jack and Emily one day. Anyway the final scene was just perfect, Emily having Victoria committed to the mental institution, doing what Victoria did to her all those years ago. And to finish it off she whispered "Goodbye Victoria", victorious. Although I'm sure Victoria will be back. Emily may have won this particular battle but she hasn't won the war.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will wait to read online reviews on this before choosing to watch the next season. Having David Clarke alive has totally ruined the show for me. I did see it coming but I hoped it wouldn't turn out to be true.

I did find the scene where Emily found Aden dead really silly. The fact she even thought that he was still alive and telling him to wake up even though he looked as dead as can be. was really daft.

I really love this show. The season final was certainly full of twists and turns.
The killing of Aiden was necessary to the show, but I didn't like the way they moved him into Emilys home like that. That was just sick on Victoria's part.
Not sure how I feel about David Clarke being alive. It kind of puts the show into a different light. I mean, what Emily was doing was for her fathers death, and now he's alive. It completely changes everything.
Loved that Victoria has been committed...Can't wait to see what they do there.
Still can't stand Daniel...he should have been killed with his father. I don't know if it's the actor or the character, but there's something there that I just don't like.
Love this show. The twists and turns have been amazing - some expected and most not. It's a very well done show I believe.

• 1 year later...

I watched the end of the fourth season a while back and wanted to comment on it. I actually didn't realise it was the final season even though there were various hints throughout - David Clarke returning, Emily announcing her true identity to the world.  As with 'The Initiative' in season two it was completely unrealistic how they managed to get out of the whole mess with Malcolm Black.  Part of me was glad when Daniel died as I never really liked his character and I found the fallout with Victoria and Margaux far more interesting.  Margaux in particular.  She had effectively become Emily with her thirst for revenge, quite prepared hurt innocent people i.e. Jack (well almost innocent) and simply dismiss them as collateral damage.  Once scene I thoroughly enjoyed was when Margaux thought she had Emily then when she returned to her office and Emily was sitting on Margaux's chair smug, gloating and victorious.  I actually really liked Louise and whilst she temporarily went to the dark side and joined forces with Victoria, I was glad she saw the light in the end.  It's funny because the first season started with Jack and Emily and the last season finished with Jack and Emily together at last.  For me personally Revenge wasn't about Emily and Jack or the Initiative or Malcolm Black.  It was about one rivalry - Emily and Victoria.  I absolutely loved it and their whole relationship, even when they were temporarily allies.  And I loved the fact that even near the very end there was still the mutual hatred between them.