When do the Early Years finish?

Ryan

I agree that 2004 was the last year where the show really felt like H&A. But the big change did not begin until 2010/2011. Watching 2007 episodes, it still had a lot of H&A elements to it.

Since 2011 it has gone down a totally different route focusing on endless crimes, stalkers, drugs, guns and sex. Lost all of its originality. And will they ever let the Braxton era die? They are so desperate to cling on to that era.

Neighbours is more of a continuation of H&A than H&A itself.

Edited by Homeandawayfan.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I agree that 2004 was the last year where the show really felt like H&A. But the big change did not begin until 2010/2011. Watching 2007 episodes, it still had a lot of H&A elements to it.

Since 2011 it has gone down a totally different route focusing on endless crimes, stalkers, drugs, guns and sex. Lost all of its originality. And will they ever let the Braxton era die? They are so desperate to cling on to that era.

Really? When I started watching again in 2006 it was already the same as 2011-2016 except there were no Braxtons and all the guests were villains. To me 2006 is when the show changed for the worse. 2008 saw it go back to its roots for a very brief period.

Remember the explosion at Jack and Martha's wedding, then the plane crash straight afterwards??? SO melodramatic.

Edited by Edward Skylover

1 hour ago, Edward Skylover said:

Really? When I started watching again in 2006 it was already the same as 2011-2016 except there were no Braxtons and all the guests were villains. To me 2006 is when the show changed for the worse. 2008 saw it go back to its roots for a very brief period.

Remember the explosion at Jack and Martha's wedding, then the plane crash straight afterwards??? SO melodramatic.

The current show deffo does tie in (continuity wise) with pre 2005 H&A as it still focuses on Summer Bay, the Stewarts, Maz and Irene (all hark back to the 190s/1990s) etc but the format has changed.

The Early years finish in 1993-1995, then new have a new dawn 1994-2000, then a new era 200-2005 while still feeling like H&A.

So it could be said that 2005 was the year the show hit stormy waters and has not returned?

7 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Talking of originality have you seen the trailers for this years cliff hanger! It be any cliff hanger within the past six years! Never thought a famous Singer and a fire could be so boring