1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Emma's really changed. Whoever thought goth girl Emma would be worried about stealing holy water from a church and helping to exorcise a ghost! A funny turn of events.

I love Celia Stewart. She's my second favourite character after Fisher. I also love Fisher's relationship with his daughter. :)

Sophie. She's so young there. :)

Also, I really fancy Martin and I don't know why. Help! laugh.gif

I have the same problem

He doesn't do anything for me.

I like Sophie and Rebekah who plays her, but her acting in these early episodes leaves a lot to be desired! I think some of the worst acting seen on the show up to this point.

I agree Ryan (btw are you a big Ailsa fan?). Sophie does feel like a very different era of the show. But we are slowly coming into that era already.

It was good to see Rev. Flowers again and clearly he still holds a grudge about that fish funeral :lol:

^I haven't thought that Rebekah's acting was that bad, but maybe I'm just not watching closely enough. I know it might sound stupid, but I've never watched the early years before, so I guess it's justified, but I never realised that Sophie was the daughter of Bobby's adoptive dad. On the BTTB website, it says Sophie's mum is Doris Simpson, but that can't be right, can it? If so, why would her parents have given her away when hey so clearly wanted a child and ended up adopting Bobby?

I love Matt. I think it's a shame he's never given a prominent role in the show. This story with Emma and Celia is one of the best comedy plots for ages. :)

^I haven't thought that Rebekah's acting was that bad, but maybe I'm just not watching closely enough. I know it might sound stupid, but I've never watched the early years before, so I guess it's justified, but I never realised that Sophie was the daughter of Bobby's adoptive dad. On the BTTB website, it says Sophie's mum is Doris Simpson, but that can't be right, can it? If so, why would her parents have given her away when hey so clearly wanted a child and ended up adopting Bobby?

I love Matt. I think it's a shame he's never given a prominent role in the show. This story with Emma and Celia is one of the best comedy plots for ages. :)

I think that must be a mistake as they said on the show that Bobby's dad had an affair/one night stand with another woman and that is where Sophie came from. It's unlikely Doris knew about Sophie.

When I started watching Ailsa was one of my favourite characters, I think partly because I recognised her from many an opening title sequence from probably the early 90's onwards, but she did have a few good stories during that first period that I watched and then she was killed off, stories that I probably didn't recognise the significance of at the time.

Edward, it is probably wrong, there will be a few things on the website that are due to some of the content being pretty old (late 90's some of it), but yeah, it's wrong and I'll change it soon.

Thanks Ryan. Just so you know, that wasn't intended as a criticism, as I love BTTB. In fact, if any characters need to be summarized on the main site, I am happy to do that as the show progresses...if BTTB needs any help as I know it's fairly complete.

So has it been mentioned on screen who Sophie's mother is? Or is it ever mentioned?

I'm loving the 1990 season so far. January seems to have upped its game from November/December 89, bar the Tom story which I still can't believe.

In fact, if there's any errors we welcome being made aware of them.

I don't think so, beyond that we know Sophie is the result of one of her father's affairs.

Regarding Matt, I have to wonder how he managed to stay on the show for four years, there or thereabouts, and one of only a handful (Steven, Jesse, Roo, Marilyn (4 stints!)) to have been part of the main cast in two separate stints. Having read the Matt Wilson story, I kind of believe that the most interesting thing he does is in that book, though these next few weeks seem to point towards a few more storylines.

Thanks for the info, Ryan. Interesting that Ishould mention liking Matt and then he suddenly seems to be getting a storyline in the form of his brother. Just watched ep 461. I loved posh couple Doris and Henry interrupting Celia's exorcism :lol:

I also found it interesting what Donald was saying about how you shouldn't feel guilty being alive when someone you loved is dead. And also what he said about losing someone being a part of life. Good writing, and very typical of Donlald to be so practical!

Archived