1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^I cant even remember any scenes taking place on the veranda at Summer Bay House in the early 90's, I always thought we started seeing it in the mid-90's, around 94. Interesting that the Stewart's Kitchen wasn't seen until the early 90's too.

The back veranda at Summer Bay House for the first 10 or so years was just a thin pathway leading to the kitchen. The rest of the room was taken up by the large cupboard in the front hallway (You used to see Michael or whoever taking towels/sheets out of there for the caravans). This door/cupboard is never used anymore because the space it occupied is now used to make the veranda. If you watch Sally's leaving episode, for example, when she comes down the stairs, you can see the light from the veranda underneath the door in the hallway. Since this is supposed to be a cupboard, there should be no light coming through there.

From memory the kitchen door/veranda is hardly used at all for most of the early 90s. In the mid 90s they start to have some close-up scenes in the doorway (such as Sally kissing Gus) and eventually around the mid-late 90s (I think around the time Rebecca and Travis move in) they extended it out to make a proper porch area like the one in the Beach House, which ironically, we very rarely get scenes in anymore.

^Oh that's interesting to know. Yeah, the Gus/Sally scenes are some of my earliest memories of seeing the outside veranda (or part of it at least). I know that when Liam left in 1997, he and his mother had a heart to heart in the back veranda, I cant remember if you saw the area where the BBQ is but you definitely saw more than just a close up because they were both sitting down (I think).

Okay first of all I know it was 89/90 but shark hunting is wrong. The shark dosent know any better. Im sure Rory would of hated the idea of the shark been killed. When we are entering the ocean we are going into their home if someone came into your home uninvited what would you do? The ocean is dark and the shark probably thought Rory was a turtle or a seal. They could of relocated the shark.

Dosent Ben Lucini come into in 1990? I can't wait to see him again. I think Grant Mitchell also comes into then and Sophie aswell

Sorry to say this, but

he and Carly get together WAAAAYYYY TOOO QUICKLY I mean you don't marry someone 5 minutes after you meet them

HOW RIDICULOUS!!! IT MAKES ME SICK!!!!!

Archived