1990 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

So, here we are, the eighties have been left behind and we're into a new decade. We've said goodbye to a few characters forever. Neville, Lynn, Stacey. But here we are 1990, in what was a year of change for the show, where we see a few old faces leave and a bunch of new characters arrive.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Steven have a brain? Going into the water when there is a very huge chance that the shark ate Rory was still out there. Considering how smart he is you'd think he would have more sense. I'm not surprised at Viv though for following him she is a sheep.

It was stupid of Steven to go swimming when they didn't know for sure if the real shark had been caught.Lucky for him he is a strong swimmer.I feel bad for Pippa that everyone thought she was having an affair with Zac.I can understand Tom thinking that because he saw Zac kiss Pippa but he didn't see her push Zac away.Everyone else though jumped to conclusions without any real proof and they should have known Pippa is not the kind of person to cheat on her husband.

I am so glad we are finally into the 90's episodes.I will be sad to see Tom,Celia,Lance and Martin leave but I will be happy to see characters like Sophie and Blake again so I have mixed feelings about the 1990 season.I have seen the 1990 season twice before.I don't think it was as good as 1988 and 1989 but it certainly was a year of big change.I prefer 1991 and 1992 of the early 90's years.It's a shame 7two doesn't show 2 episodes a day so we could move through the episodes quicker.

I prefer 1991 and 1992 of the early 90's years.It's a shame 7two doesn't show 2 episodes a day so we could move through the episodes quicker.

I agree, 1991 and 1992 were better years with more drama. Apart from

Tom's death

, I think 1990 is a bit light and fluffy. But I am still very much looking forward to it as I don't remember that much about it. I think this is the year that introduces us to the Beach House. And of course the most famous and talked about recast in soap history!

I haven't started watching the 1990 season yet, but I just wanted to pop in and say how much I'm looking forward to it! By tomorrow I will have watched the first few 1990 season eps. Can't wait!

Pippa's recast is something I'm really looking forward to... (as much as I like Vanessa D)

Pippa's recast is something I'm really looking forward to... (as much as I like Vanessa D)

It will be weird seeing the early Debra episodes, when her dialogue, wardrobe and makeup are still done very much with Vanessa's Pippa in mind.

^I cant even remember any scenes taking place on the veranda at Summer Bay House in the early 90's, I always thought we started seeing it in the mid-90's, around 94. Interesting that the Stewart's Kitchen wasn't seen until the early 90's too.

I'm looking forward to the 1990 season and watching the show evolve as it did during that period. I really do hope we get to see 1991 and beyond. As I've said before, I'm just wary that the point at which the show was taken off air in the past coincides with the new year which can often mean revamped TV schedules.

Archived