Bobby Simpson - Nicolle Dickson

• 5 months later...

I wonder did acting in a soap come against the younger members of that original cast? Adam Willits and Sharyn Hodgson are no longer acting either, even though I thought they were terrific too. I don't think Nicolle would ever have become a leading lady on any TV show but I think she would've made for a great supporting character. At least she went on to have a decent career afterwards, albeit in the less exciting real world. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cymbaline said:

I wonder did acting in a soap come against the younger members of that original cast? Adam Willits and Sharyn Hodgson are no longer acting either, even though I thought they were terrific too. I don't think Nicolle would ever have become a leading lady on any TV show but I think she would've made for a great supporting character. At least she went on to have a decent career afterwards, albeit in the less exciting real world. 

Sadly lot of actors don’t get acting work and they look elsewhere for work.

You can’t stay on H&A forever because actors get tired of their character. A  lot of the time it’s actually not the actor's choice .

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, cymbaline said:

Possible however, Ive always felt that Nicolle leaving Home and Away was life imitating art and I struggle with the concept that she wasn't getting any other work. Maybe she wasn't getting what she wanted,   projects that were not too taxing like other soaps that wouldn't take her away from her family for too long.

Like some of the cast from the early years, she probably could've done very well on the theatre circuit but I dont get the impression that she would to go down that path even though I read that she  was very good in Pantomime.

Anyway, now that time has past and her children have grown up and she took a walk down memory lane, I would love for her to do a stint on a soap, introduce herself again to old fans and new then see where that takes her. 

I remember reading a review somewhere that someone wrote a few years back, they said that when the Home and Away producers mellowed her out, Bobby was a very one dimensional character without all the teenage angst - not sure how I feel about that. When I get some time, I will find the article

13 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

You can’t stay on H&A forever because actors get tired of their character. A  lot of the time it’s actually not the actor's choice .

I guess it depends, some dont like the long hours on a soap and their personality/characters they play may on be fitting for soaps and not movies etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 24/07/2018 at 02:05, j.laur5 said:

I think you missed my point completely. 

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I love Bobby, but the time when Bobby made fun of Carly eating, then took Carly's skirt and asked Ailsa to take it in a few inches, claiming that Carly had discarded it, before putting it back with Carly's clothes really annoys me because that feels like a really 1988 Bobby move to make.  There were times in 1988 when Bobby and Steven had their little running club thing when they implied that Carly could do with coming with them, and I feel like Bobby doing that to the skirt in 1988 would have made more sense and it could have led to an eating disorder storyline for Carly.

But I feel like 1990 Bobby and Carly are somewhat friends and are a bit more mature, and Bobby SHOULD KNOW BETTER than to pull a potentially harmful prank like that.

• Confused 1