Bobby Simpson - Nicolle Dickson

I don't think she'd have come back for good but I think she'd probably have made return appearances if the character hadn't been killed off, especially with all those reunion episodes in the early 2000s where most of the other original cast turned up.

Bobby was one of those characters that would have been difficult to write out without losing a couple of cast members as well but it could have worked since Greg left about 10 episodes later and they could have ended Ryan Clark's contract. However I could not see Bobby leaving in 1993 without Sam. She wasn't like Greg and it wouldn't have been justice to the character.

In the end I think the producers made the right (if very difficult option) to kill her off. While its still painful it might have been the only option to them following Nicolle's decision to quit. I wish she had stayed longer though. A part of H/A died when Bobby died. (And she is the only foster child of Pippa's to be killed off I believe).

I'd like to think that perhaps Nicole would have been persuaded to come back at some point on a permanent basis, but who knows. I agree that she would have been back here and there same as Carly, but with her being much more popular I'd have thought they would have left the door wide open for her to return at any point.

It was probably the most realistic that she would die rather than leave. But I'm sure that if they really wanted to, they could have come up with a plausible reason as to why she would leave Summer Bay. Killing her off was a huge ratings grab, as far as I'm aware Bobby's death was/is the highest rating episode of H&A (Sally's stabbing either coming second or first place?).

So true Racheal the series was never the same after losing Bobby. Nicole was such a good actress and she is missed. Im not surprised her death got ratings it worked for other series as well such as when Neighbours killed off Bridget Parker for example.

Yet it would have been nice if she had left with a happy ending leaving the door open for a later visit?

Hey everyone, was just lurking the forum really and came across this thread, Kate Ritchie who I follow on facebook for her style and stuff recently posted pictures of her, Nicolle and Alex Papps together at some sort of photoshoot (I presume the H&A 25th Anniversary special one), wouldn't say she's fully retired from the spotlight as she does the odd cameo from time to time in something and she recently did an interview and shoot with Womans Day with Debra Lawrence and Rebekah Elmaloglou (now of Neighbours)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=284426858326926&set=pb.249920431777569.-2207520000.1367893994.&type=3&theater - Kate and Nicolle

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=283830855053193&set=pb.249920431777569.-2207520000.1367893994.&type=3&theater - Kate, Alex and Nicolle

http://womansday.ninemsn.com/celebrityheadlines/8586392/how-we-kept-our-summer-bay-bodies - Partial interview with her, Debra and Rebekah, gotta buy the mag I'm afraid to read the full one :P

I loved Bobby, Nicolle was (and hopefully still is) an amazing actress, Enjoy. :) xx

Edited by RiverGirl45

Thanks for providing the links. Nicolle Dickson is one of the best actresses the show has ever had. I loved her playing Bobby.

I hope Nicolle can pop up on Neighbours at some point. She's never been on the show before, but I think she's gone down a completely different career path now so it's very unlikely.

Edited by Jezz

According to the colectible H&A magazine article about Nicole she kind of "Retired" from Acting and taking care of her family? Yet it would be nice if she appeared on Aussie TV again.

I think with a recent H&A actor going to Neighbours I would like to see a Transfer of talent between the shows as they were many N who I feel bad for and would like to see working again.

Edited by samdanfan