Bobby Simpson - Nicolle Dickson

She was honestly one of the best characters. I keep crying everytime I watch episodes with her in it! Because what happeneds to her! I also wish her and Frank stayed together they were such a cute couple Who agrees?

Bobby was a great character feisty strong and kind hearted I prefer Bobby single though both Frank and Greg were bad for her.

From what I've seen of Bobby, and it is heavily weighted in terms of episodes to 88 and 89, the first half of her time in the show she is given some of the best stuff the show has done. However, she doesn't seem to have had much stuff in the early 90's. Maybe I've watched the wrong episodes, but I feel they did slightly run out of steam with her, in the way I think Leah's best stuff was 00-04.

• 2 years later...

Personally I disagree. I think she got better and better from mid 1990 onwards. I preferred to see the down to earth happy Bobby than the depressed I hate the world one in the first half of 1988.

However she is the strongest character of the early years and despite 7 throwing 'attractive' teenagers in the viewers faces, In the UK if you mention Home and away to anyone over the age of 30 Bobby is almost one of the answers you will get.

Her death left a gap in the show that I feel has never been filled and probably never will.

Pity we never got to see Bobby and the Proper Rebecca (Belinda) together it would have been amazing.

She was one of my favs I wished she had stayed longer. They never had another Bobby I agree with you Racheal. When I think of 90s H&A Bobby comes to mind!

Im sad she retired now apart from Survivor appearance. I would liked to seen her do guest spots on other shows.

Bobby Simpson was my fave female character and still is. Here in the UK her death episodes aired in Feb 1994, I was almost 12 then and remember them like yesterday. Also she was the long lost daughter of Detention Don and the already established niece of Flamin Alf.

To me Bobby was more iconic than Pippa and Ailsa even if them two were my faves after Bobby.

• Like 1

Bobby Simpson was my fave female character and still is. Here in the UK her death episodes aired in Feb 1994, I was almost 12 then and remember them like yesterday. Also she was the long lost daughter of Detention Don and the already established niece of Flamin Alf.

To me Bobby was more iconic than Pippa and Ailsa even if them two were my faves after Bobby.

Thank you I was wondering when they aired in the uk.

Having seen clips of her death I think its easy to say that her death is the most depressing of any soap character. Ever.

She's one of my favourite characters from the early years. It's going to be 20 years in August since she died so where have the times gone?

I think Bobby's death had a huge impact on the show in general, as you could see her absence in 1994 when the show was in a transitional period. It was only in 1995, where the show was clearly starting to establish itself in a new era. Bobby's appearance on the fridge is still memorable after all these years.