7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news? I'm tired of not watching it, it's almost been a year and I quite liked the little routine I had going, however, it'd be a tad different on Fridays now (due a little change in my morning routine, which would result in me catching up later in the day via 7Plus).

• 3 months later...

On Saturday it will be exactly one year since the plug was pulled on Home And Away: The Early Years on 7TWO at Episode 1880 on Friday, May 26, 2017.

And there has been no change since the last update Dan F was able to get from the Seven Network's Director Of Network Programming outlining the reasoning behind the disappearance of what has otherwise been a successful repeat run.

PS. By the way, did you know the original repeat run was pulled almost on the same date in 2002 (when we reached Episode 623)? May 24, 2002 was when that last episode was shown.

I actually don’t really miss it that much but I would have preferred it to have countinued on.

But I always wanted Early Years to at least reach Irene's arrival and I was happy it made it that far. 

Just think we were only four years from Leah's arrival. 

Personally (and it is my opinion only) we covered almost all the good episodes. We still fell short of Alf dressed as a clown then exploding when he thought Alsa was having it off with that Italian bloke. Oh and the school siege and Michael's death.

• 3 weeks later...

I am tired of this stupid hiatus that has gone on for over a year. The show that has replaced Home and Away: The Early Years (Million Dollar Minute) is on TWICE a day, it's another boring, mindless game show, that most people couldn't care less about, The Chase is what people like.

I would have liked to see what happened after Shane's death (weren't we up to his funeral?) and the return of Saul.

I have since taken up watching the reruns of Prisoner on TVHITS and once again enjoying the series all over again (I missed a lot of the early episodes and 400s of Prisoner, so I have watched the 400s and now watching the early eps) and getting my fix of Home and Away: The Early Years with the cast members of Prisoner who have appeared in Home and Away. But, that will only last until October as the episodes I started watching with the reruns will be showing then.

And now with my short fuse before an explosion of cackles (Thanks Prisoner, lol), I am excited to see what I will laugh at while watching Home and Away: The Early Years.

11 hours ago, Luigi Severus Fletcher said:

I have since taken up watching the reruns of Prisoner on TVHITS and once again enjoying the series all over again (I missed a lot of the early episodes and 400s of Prisoner, so I have watched the 400s and now watching the early eps) and getting my fix of Home and Away: The Early Years with the cast members of Prisoner who have appeared in Home and Away. But, that will only last until October as the episodes I started watching with the reruns will be showing then.

Great minds watch alike! I started watching Prisoner as I caught it from the first episode again. Well, sort of half-watching and looking for H&A actors. Ailsa Judy Nunn has shown up now and looks great.

*Apologies to those expecting exciting 7two news on this post. End transmission.*

Archived