7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

On 19 July 2017 at 9:29 PM, samdanfan said:

Things have changed over the years . One series here in America has a STRICT NO policy of leaking info and the same can be said for H&A and of course Neighbours which is why I lost someone in Melbourne and I can tell you people are scared to talk now . If some says they have sources and makes that public You can bet they be warned NOT to say things as I was.

Wish I had a "sad" react emoticon for this post. It looks like the era of corporate fascism has set in. It's not governments that rule with an iron fist these days. It's private companies.

Are you suggesting there is a veil of secrecy surrounding why Home And Away: The Early Years was taken off? Back in 2002, the same problem arose when we tried to find out why the Early Years was axed (after what really appeared to be scheduling problems) then a smokescreen of copyright excuses seemingly was put up back then.

Regarding this year's axing, Dan F has had to work hard to try to get as close to the truth as possible.

11 minutes ago, alexx said:

I've been missing the re-runs so much I've gone back to the start of 1994 and it's actually really nice to re-watch them all again. The show is so innocent and feel good during that era, it's pure escapism. I'm gutted that 7TWO ended the Early Years but also that they ended them on such a sad note with Shane's funeral!

I started watching from Episode 623 at the beginning of the year, and I am now up to nearly the end of the year 1991.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, alexx said:

I've been missing the re-runs so much I've gone back to the start of 1994 and it's actually really nice to re-watch them all again. The show is so innocent and feel good during that era, it's pure escapism. I'm gutted that 7TWO ended the Early Years but also that they ended them on such a sad note with Shane's funeral!

I'm gutted too. 1996 looks like a good year as well. I was really enjoying it when it ended.

1 hour ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Wish I had a "sad" react emoticon for this post. It looks like the era of corporate fascism has set in. It's not governments that rule with an iron fist these days. It's private companies.

Are you suggesting there is a veil of secrecy surrounding why Home And Away: The Early Years was taken off? Back in 2002, the same problem arose when we tried to find out why the Early Years was axed (after what really appeared to be scheduling problems) then a smokescreen of copyright excuses seemingly was put up back then.

Regarding this year's axing, Dan F has had to work hard to try to get as close to the truth as possible.

I started watching from Episode 623 at the beginning of the year, and I am now up to nearly the end of the year 1991.

Yes things have changed! It not only Melbourne with CH 10 its also happen to Sydney and now QLD. people Will NOT talk anymore. Yes they shut you up in a second. people I use to chat with now longer do and I lost many over the years. I NEVER though Down under would be as bad as us Americans yet sadly some are. Its sad I loved Down Under and though the world of Aussies and 90% are good and kind and friendly. as I been told for every bad Aussie there is 10 good ones. many of you here prove that point. Yet the bad ones have done alot of damage as I found out what some people were like in real life and it ruined my image of you as great. Here is a example. the email from my source which ended a 6 year friendship

2010 Melbounre

"The Trust betrayal did changes things ennormously, Only the family ( Not even her closest friends) knew about her knocking back the Rafters role...I did tell you it was confidential and not to say anything at the time and you promised...but then you put it on the forums for thousands to read and the conseqences of that were profound and we are still being suffered by me to this day! Im sure you understand that I cannot share anything at all with anyone"

NAME not shared!

To be fair said person moved from Melbounre to Sunbury and promised to contact me and other back which they did not so there for I felt no reason to honor any promised as I assumed as I was told to find another HERO and sources!

In 2012 I was took to the Police station here in America and told NOT to talk about other things they told me as I told another forum some things.

Yes They have covered up things.

1 hour ago, samdanfan said:

Yes things have changed! It not only Melbourne with CH 10 its also happen to Sydney and now QLD. people Will NOT talk anymore. Yes they shut you up in a second. people I use to chat with now longer do and I lost many over the years. I NEVER though Down under would be as bad as us Americans yet sadly some are. Its sad I loved Down Under and though the world of Aussies and 90% are good and kind and friendly. as I been told for every bad Aussie there is 10 good ones. many of you here prove that point. Yet the bad ones have done alot of damage as I found out what some people were like in real life and it ruined my image of you as great. Here is a example. the email from my source which ended a 6 year friendship

2010 Melbounre

"The Trust betrayal did changes things ennormously, Only the family ( Not even her closest friends) knew about her knocking back the Rafters role...I did tell you it was confidential and not to say anything at the time and you promised...but then you put it on the forums for thousands to read and the conseqences of that were profound and we are still being suffered by me to this day! Im sure you understand that I cannot share anything at all with anyone"

NAME not shared!

To be fair said person moved from Melbounre to Sunbury and promised to contact me and other back which they did not so there for I felt no reason to honor any promised as I assumed as I was told to find another HERO and sources!

In 2012 I was took to the Police station here in America and told NOT to talk about other things they told me as I told another forum some things.

Yes They have covered up things.

If I'm being honest - this has nothing (and I mean sweet FA) to do with the topic.

I'm enjoying going back to 94, definitely would love to have continued with 1996 and beyond though - there was a lot to look forward to and I really wanted to re-live the show cruising through the late 90's, would have been so nostalgic.

4 hours ago, alexx said:

I'm enjoying going back to 94, definitely would love to have continued with 1996 and beyond though - there was a lot to look forward to and I really wanted to re-live the show cruising through the late 90's, would have been so nostalgic.

i wished alot of things would be like that time. things now are not so wonderful.

11 hours ago, Matt said:

If I'm being honest - this has nothing (and I mean sweet FA) to do with the topic.

Well My point is its almost impossible to get a nice reply anymore. They was a time a few years ago people were more open and friendly now they too ( cant use the word Rude. And Im not impressed.

8 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I remember a 1997 episode where Don dressed up for a play and donned a fake tache. And his mother was in the show that year, who looked more like a sister than his mother. Isobel DuPre, the glamorous actress.

That is possibly from The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde.

Archived