7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

Could we possibly ask them to continue it up until Episode 1920 because as you say there's no excuse of problems with the repeats. I'm sure they could look at drawing up new contracts given how popular it is and clearly missed by a lot of people

By the sounds of things people are happy to just let it go at this point and take Seven's highly questionable response as gospel. Seven aren't going to bring it back if there's only a couple of people emailing about it.

Also has Dan/BTTB accepted that latest email from Seven as final word on the matter or are they still trying other things? I ask not as pressure or criticism but simply so that I know if any other courses of action that I/other forum members take will be either complement, add to, or be to the detriment of what other people are doing, so it's best to know.

4 hours ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

By the sounds of things people are happy to just let it go at this point and take Seven's highly questionable response as gospel. Seven aren't going to bring it back if there's only a couple of people emailing about it.

Also has Dan/BTTB accepted that latest email from Seven as final word on the matter or are they still trying other things? I ask not as pressure or criticism but simply so that I know if any other courses of action that I/other forum members take will be either complement, add to, or be to the detriment of what other people are doing, so it's best to know.

What else can we do?

We've tried a petition and that didn't work, I don't know what else we can do. And if what they're saying is true, there's no chance they'll draw up new contracts to repeat a 20 year old show at 9am on a digital channel in Australia. It sounds financially impossible. Unfortunately.

I'm open to suggestions though!

55 minutes ago, Skylover said:

What else can we do?

We've tried a petition and that didn't work, I don't know what else we can do. And if what they're saying is true, there's no chance they'll draw up new contracts to repeat a 20 year old show at 9am on a digital channel in Australia. It sounds financially impossible. Unfortunately.

I'm open to suggestions though!

I think you have done more than your share Skylover :) I have also done what I can with my contacts and tried as hard as I could to rally "the troops" on here and elsewhere.

Like you said it just seems impossible that they'd go to the effort of drawing up new contracts (if that really is the issue, they've lied in the past), to show repeats of an old show on weekday mornings on a digital channel haha. Perhaps we could suggest other means such as pay-per-view downloads, I'm not sure how they would work with the contracts, but we could enquire.

Of course, we would be initially fobbed off. It would require continuous inquiring, and pushing the issue, from many people.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:46 AM, Bobby Forever Missed said:

I wouldn't go taking that as gospel people can just get on the internet and lie (example i could say it's coming back tomorrow and there's no way to prove it) personally i don't hold out much hope given there's no sports coverage/other event to explain the stoppage i still remember TEN stopping 1991 Neighbours in 2004 and here we are 13 years later and still nothing

YES Right on do not trust anything anymore. sad. They use to be Nice and open and Honest! at one time. Those days are gone,

49 minutes ago, Shannon Found Skeletons said:

I think you have done more than your share Skylover :) I have also done what I can with my contacts and tried as hard as I could to rally "the troops" on here and elsewhere.

Like you said it just seems impossible that they'd go to the effort of drawing up new contracts (if that really is the issue, they've lied in the past), to show repeats of an old show on weekday mornings on a digital channel haha. Perhaps we could suggest other means such as pay-per-view downloads, I'm not sure how they would work with the contracts, but we could enquire.

Of course, we would be initially fobbed off. It would require continuous inquiring, and pushing the issue, from many people.

Good idea, I'll write a letter to Channel 7. Perhaps you could write one too suggesting the same thing? And as many people as we can rally together from this board and beyond? It looks like DVDs or downloads are our only option at this stage, though like you I'm wondering how contracts fit into those scenarios.

2 hours ago, Skylover said:

Good idea, I'll write a letter to Channel 7. Perhaps you could write one too suggesting the same thing? And as many people as we can rally together from this board and beyond? It looks like DVDs or downloads are our only option at this stage, though like you I'm wondering how contracts fit into those scenarios.

What is the adress of Seven? I'll write a letter too.

1 hour ago, sindikatas said:

What is the adress of Seven? I'll write a letter too.

Good question, I'll have a look. In the meantime Reinstate 1996 Rerun offensive part 517:

You can send requests for TV shows to Netflix, so perhaps we should try that? https://help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

Also - I haven't sent an email to Umbrella Entertainment yet, has anyone else? That'll be my next port of call. I never heard back from that Channel 5 Acquisitions Manager, but there were a few others so I might email them as well.

Archived