7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

Regarding DVDs, it wouldn't happen not only because it's too expensive but also because I believe DVDs are more of the 00s thing whereas paying for downloading of episodes is not that bad and I would definately pay for it. It would be much cheaper because one wouldn't have to pay for the packaging and discs.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/25/2017 at 1:30 AM, sindikatas said:

Regarding DVDs, it wouldn't happen not only because it's too expensive but also because I believe DVDs are more of the 00s thing whereas paying for downloading of episodes is not that bad and I would definately pay for it. It would be much cheaper because one wouldn't have to pay for the packaging and discs.

Actually the DVD market in Australia is quite strong.

Several long running television series have been released on DVD such as 2,400 episodes of The Bill, 692 episodes of Prisoner and Blue Heelers (a channel 7 show) is getting re released on DVD this month. Even if you did do downloading of episodes profit would still get siphoned elsewhere such as Itunes.

Would the market be there for the episodes though? I can't see it being there for the whole series but certain years definitely.

2 hours ago, Golden Sands said:

Would the market be there for the episodes though? I can't see it being there for the whole series but certain years definitely.

IMO there would be no market for 1988-1995 after the recent 7TWO repeat, or episodes from about 2007 to modern day, as they were only broadcast in the last 10 years. The market IMO would be for 1996-2006.

1 hour ago, sindikatas said:

We should let Seven know how far we can go to get the early years back. They're not going to show us 1996-1999 just out of the goodness of their hearts, so we must prove that it makes sense financially.

How? I don't know what to suggest :/ 

On 2017-06-27 at 6:48 PM, Skylover said:

How? I don't know what to suggest :/ 

Continuing your petition is one way. A new petition could be started with people agreeing to buy dvds or download by streaming. It might sort itself out if the ratings of Million Dolar Minute are significantly lower. Seven must know that they won't get higher if the early years are screened early in the morning.

Archived