7TWO Transmission Discussion

Old H&A Fan

It's not rare for TV stations to say they plan to continue showing something and then not do so. It's quite common and is a way of minimizing complaints (If they announce they are removing a show they will be flooded with complaints. If they quietly remove it with vague promises it will continue, in time people will forget about it and they will get less negative feedback).

The fact that it's been removed for seemingly no reason is for me cause for concern.

Edit to add - in fact I just found out 7 did this very thing when they originally repeated the Early Years back in 1999. They took it off after a few years for "a break", promised viewers who wrote in that it would resume, but it never did.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dan F said:

one would hope they wouldn't make scheduling decisions on the basis of a couple of posts from people who've said "all the good bits are over" and it's not worth watching any more.

Viewers can make their own minds up in that respect rather than blindly following others - whilst 97-99 does, somewhat unfairly, suffer in the shadow of the famous 95-96 seasons, there's still some great stuff to come. Maybe viewers who were young at the time will see the episodes in a new light 20 years on and appreciate them for what they are.

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that the next bit isn't worth watching! Whilst the teen group that we should see coming in in the latter half of 1996 aren't as well-remembered as their predecessors, I agree that there's a lot of good stuff in that period. My thinking wasn't so much about the quality of the episodes as the fact that this period is seen as something of an end of an era so might be viewed as a natural stopping point. But hopefully it isn't!

53 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Again opinions are being censored. Dan F I may be wrong but I feel you are not keen on me, maybe because contrary to the obituary article about Alan Bateman on the main BTTB site, I have since found out the 100% truth that H&A was in fact created long before late 1986 when Channel 7 wanted a new show to fill the gap left by Neighbours, and that H&A was an already extant idea which was then rejigged into a 5 day a week format. That is the 100% truth. Bevan Lee and Alan Bateman said so. I have found many sources and would win this case in a court of law.

What on earth has that got to do with anything I said, or indeed this thread?

The only part that was in response to you was the first bit about listing out all the eras, which has been discussed at length in other threads (at least one of which you created yourself), and I was simply trying to contain discussion to the purpose of the thread (the status of the transmissions on 7TWO). So once again, the 'censorship' card doesn't work. After that I just addressed possible reasons that had been brought up about why they would take them off (if they were to stop them altogether).

I don't know what you're trying to achieve by shoehorning talk of your research into this thread (other than the obvious), which I've never argued against or even discussed with you—but I'm not too worried about a single sentence in an article I wrote nearly five years ago to announce Alan's death. So why you're trying to insinuate that I have some sort of vendetta against you because of it, when I really don't give two hoots, is completely beyond me.

Back to the topic in question.

1 minute ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting that the next bit isn't worth watching!

I realised that, others have said just that in recent weeks though and I thought you may have been referring to them :wink:

6 minutes ago, Saul1 said:

Are they showing the unseen episodes of Million Dollar Minute so those who won money get paid?

Interesting idea, they are noted down as repeats though so I'm not sure. Still, it'd be an odd choice to bump Early Years when there's so many other repeats of arguably less significance on the channel (even more so if the other MDM ep showing later in the day ends up being the same one).

What is Million Dollar Minute?

1997-1999 is of more interest to me than 1995 because I don't know much about it. I'm sure it's great. This whole thing is quite distressing, I hope we get news soon but I don't suppose it'll be for a few weeks yet.

2 hours ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

Could it possibly be that they have just not got the next batch of episodes encoded properly or digitised or something has gone wrong with the playing out of them? Just a thought anyway 

Have they repeated 1996 in full and 1997-1999 before? As I know they have repeated 1988-1990 quite a few times and some of the other early seasons, but I'm not sure about late 1996 or the following seasons. I guess it is possible they're not ready for transmission yet.

Just now, Skylover said:

Have they repeated 1996 in full and 1997-1999 before? As I guess it is possible they're not ready for transmission yet.

Not in Australia furthest we got was Episode #623 (September 1990) back in May 2002 pretty sure UK Living showed late 1996 - 98 (?) between 2001-02 so they would still have been on analog tape thing is though when they repeated 1988- now how did they not ensure the entire catalogue of analog episodes were digitised? do they not have people that do that for them?

6 minutes ago, Bobby Forever Missed said:

Not in Australia furthest we got was Episode #623 (September 1990) back in May 2002 pretty sure UK Living showed late 1996 - 98 (?) between 2001-02 so they would still have been on analog tape thing is though when they repeated 1988- now how did they not ensure the entire catalogue of analog episodes were digitised? do they not have people that do that for them?

Hi Bobby Forever Missed you need to update your signature!

Archived