Marilyn Chambers - Emily Symons

Ever since Maz returned, she seems to be fairly useless. The only real storyline was the Jordan one which sadly lasted 5 minutes. I saw potential in him to become a regular and was gutted that he was just a guest.

Aside from that though, they are showing a lot less of her and her house this year. I think it's partially due to her being away for so long. She returned right when the Morgans and Duncan (which was seemingly an impact guest role) came back so there wasn't much focus on her at all

Hoping for bigger and better things for Maz in 2017! Such an awesome character, would love to see her foster Raffy/Ellie's future boyfriend

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Sadly I'm starting to think Marilyn really has stayed too long in her 3rd run as a regular. 

I mean her character is just not the same anymore. She is just neither here or there . 

John and Marilyn are just around as people to deliver their 2 cents and their storylines just repeats. 

At least with Leah and Irene they feel more solid members since they have been around the whole time. Leah is the right age to take in teens . 

I just don’t think John and Marilyn cope very well with any teens they take under their wing except for Jett who had Gina most of time. Gina was school principal and had raised three kids, one with a big mental disability. By the time Marilyn moved in Jett had already settled down. 

So it really feels like we don’t have Marilyn that was the classic character back in the old days. 

I kind of wish Emily quit in 2015 when she got pregnant. I really didn’t miss  Marilyn in her absence in early 2016 as character just doesn’t feel here or there.   

On 30 April 2018 at 00:36, j.laur5 said:

Sadly I'm starting to think Marilyn really has stayed too long in her 3rd run as a regular. 

I mean her character is just not the same anymore. She is just neither here or there . 

John and Marilyn are just around as people to deliver their 2 cents and their storylines just repeats. 

At least with Leah and Irene they feel more solid members since they have been around the whole time. Leah is the right age to take in teens . 

I just don’t think John and Marilyn cope very well with any teens they take under their wing except for Jett who had Gina most of time. Gina was school principal and had raised three kids, one with a big mental disability. By the time Marilyn moved in Jett had already settled down. 

So it really feels like we don’t have Marilyn that was the classic character back in the old days. 

I kind of wish Emily quit in 2015 when she got pregnant. I really didn’t miss  Marilyn in her absence in early 2016 as character just doesn’t feel here or there.   

Yeah, sadly it is pretty much true, it just doesn't feel like she doesn't have much potential anymore.

Unfortunately I really don’t think Marilyn is cut out to be foster Mum!. 

Do you know if Marilyn had been just a character who arrived in middle age in 2010 I think her and John would have long axed by now . 

All that is saving Marilyn is that she is a classic character from the Early Years and John is only being saved by being married to Marilyn. 

At least with Leah she can now take in teens for the next decade as she is the right age and she runs the diner. 

Despite Leah now being married three times it still feels like Leah has a purpose on the show unlike John and Marilyn. 

• 1 month later...