Quick Fan Fiction Contest

Guest ish_the_angel

Quick Fanfiction Contest Rules

- The winner of the previous contest gets to host the next contest, including choosing the theme for the next one.

- The word limit for each fan fiction entry is between 750 – 1500 words.

- Only one entry is permitted for every member to each new contest.

- Authors that have entered the contest are still able to review all the other entries, and must review their own too in order to keep the anonymity. They are also able to vote, but obviously they cannot vote for their own entry. If an entrant does so then the host must discount that vote.

- Entrants must refrain from publishing their entry on other sites on the Internet and on other forums too until after the contest has finished.

- Only votes that have been clearly stated, with reasoning, in the individual thread opened for each new contest will be counted. Votes via PM’s, emails, MSN etc. are not permitted. This ensures that no doubt can be cast on the fairness of the voting within each contest.

---

Hi, I have received feedback that people are interested in this, so I thought I'd give it a go. I hope it's ok with the mods :)

Quick FanFic Contest #1

Topic: Romeo's Revenge.

Length: 750 - 1500 words. (I changed it)

Rating: G (no swearing, sex etc.)

Please PM your entry to me by 7pm AEST Sunday 1 November, then I will post the entries so they can be voted for.

Be creative and have fun

Any Questions? Please ask me :)

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh sorry, yeah i'm open to changing things, and i hope i'm not mucking people around. What would be an approproiate word length?

I'm not entering the comp, I was just being nosey. :P As a general guide, 200 words is not much more than a couple of paragraphs. A two page story in a magazine contains around 2,000-2,500 words. I would suggest you could maybe set the competition rules as no less than 750 and no more than 1,500 words? Hope that helps!

Like I said, I won't enter, but I'll review. :)

Oh sorry, yeah i'm open to changing things, and i hope i'm not mucking people around. What would be an approproiate word length?

I'm not entering the comp, I was just being nosey. :P As a general guide, 200 words is not much more than a couple of paragraphs. A two page story in a magazine contains around 2,000-2,500 words. I would suggest you could maybe set the competition rules as no less than 750 and no more than 1,500 words? Hope that helps!

Like I said, I won't enter, but I'll review. :)

I like this idea, it doesnt put pressure on you that you need to reach a certain amount. Its gives a nice range option......if you know what I mean...:lol:

Archived