Roo Stewart - Justine Clarke & Georgie Parker

10 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

I haven't seen Georgie Parker act in other shows but I assume she is a good actress because she is pretty much a staple in at the Logies but I'm sorry, the few episodes I've seen, she does not play Roo well at all.

Roo is most the likable character ever!. 

Thing is Justine Clark played Roo when her character was written differently. 

15 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Roo is most the likable character ever!. 

Thing is Justine Clark played Roo when her character was written differently. 

Ive seen maybe 3 new episodes with her since she returned and I saw the same same manipulative woman she was late 1988. I find Georgie Parker to be very quirky and Flighty as Roo. I do recall Roo being like that when she was first introduced and a little bit when she got the job at Macklins so I assume the writers want to continue on that path. However, I'm not convinced that Georgie is the best actress for this role. Something doesn't fit, just like Debra Lawrence as Pippa...

By the way, why isn't there a character/actor discussion about Frank/Alex? 

Edited by Summer's Bay

20 hours ago, Summer's Bay said:

Ive seen maybe 3 new episodes with her since she returned and I saw the same same manipulative woman she was late 1988. I find Georgie Parker to be very quirky and Flighty as Roo. I do recall Roo being like that when she was first introduced and a little bit when she got the job at Macklins so I assume the writers want to continue on that path. However, I'm not convinced that Georgie is the best actress for this role. Something doesn't fit, just like Debra Lawrence as Pippa...

By the way, why isn't there a character/actor discussion about Frank/Alex? 

Don’t know, but no one is stopping you from creating one :) 

4 hours ago, KKB said:

Im only young but I have watched re runs and ship Roo and Frank and personally think that Justine did a better job as Roo then Georgie has

I agree. 

I just never liked Roo and Frank together...at all. I think Roo suited Brett Macklin or the guy who was engaged to Stacey. Would've been nice to see Roo and Brett back together again but he was falling in love with Bobby. For some reason I Never  realised this in the 80's

3 hours ago, jakeyy. said:

Don’t know, but no one is stopping you from creating one :) 

I don't think anybody else likes him, I might end up talking to myself  ?

Edited by Summer's Bay
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Did anyone think when Ruth returned in 2010 she was going to be a more multi dimension character and maybe start out with bad girl and redeem herself over time.

When Ruth returned I really felt she was someone with plenty of secrets and thought that she was going to be a bad girl. 

But instead she just turned into another  older female character on show.  

Her main purpose is just family for Alf to talk to. 

I guess Geogie is happy to just have steady work and since she lives in Sydney it suits her.

I think the reason Martha return from the dead is a plot device for when Geogria Parker wants time off and Ruth can leave the Bay without having to create an excuse like with Irene/Lynne when she goes off to London for panto. 

11 hours ago, j.laur5 said:

Did anyone think when Ruth returned in 2010 she was going to be a more multi dimension character and maybe start out with bad girl and redeem herself over time.

When Ruth returned I really felt she was someone with plenty of secrets and thought that she was going to be a bad girl. 

But instead she just turned into another  older female character on show.  

Her main purpose is just family for Alf to talk to. 

I guess Geogie is happy to just have steady work and since she lives in Sydney it suits her.

I think the reason Martha return from the dead is a plot device for when Geogria Parker wants time off and Ruth can leave the Bay without having to create an excuse like with Irene/Lynne when she goes off to London for panto. 

I mentioned something similar in the other thread

It would’ve been nice to know what Roo was doing in New York and whatever it was, that be a reason why she runs away back to Australia. I haven’t watched Georgie in other roles but from what I have seen, I’m not sure if she could play the bad girl role as well as Justine did.