The Location Thread

ctang

13 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Thanks Dan. Would the scene that involved angels crying at the sight of her house in a rubble be at a different location? Or was that actually really what was left over from a demolishion job do you think? 

I had wondered the same, after all they destroyed Celia's store on-screen when it came to needing real-life demolition. Hard to be sure though as we didn't see enough of it in those rubble scenes (though from the little bit we see of Kelly & Alex driving up to it at night, which looks like it might have been along a grassy track, perhaps not).

7 hours ago, Dan F said:

I had wondered the same, after all they destroyed Celia's store on-screen when it came to needing real-life demolition. Hard to be sure though as we didn't see enough of it in those rubble scenes (though from the little bit we see of Kelly & Alex driving up to it at night, which looks like it might have been along a grassy track, perhaps not).

Maybe, but the building (Shane and Angels) looks to have been at least partially made with Fibro Asbestos Cement on the exterior.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Dan F said:

A major location uploaded to the site today, to add to the two existing ones:

Summer Bay High (2001-2008)

...otherwise known as 'the grungy one' ?

Though there was a good reason for it looking so run-down!

Do you know where they film for the High School currently? I thought the exterior looked different this year or late last year.

7 hours ago, David Deex said:

Do you know where they film for the High School currently? I thought the exterior looked different this year or late last year.

Yup, it is another new one this year - pics are getting sorted for it and it’ll be a future update. 

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

Thanks for that. Which high school location did they film Sally’s farewell concert at? Or was it a different location?

That’s one I’m not sure on at the moment - it certainly wasn’t the one that’s just been uploaded, but with it only being an interior it’d be pretty difficult to track down on its own.

At least only using three locations for the school in those first 20 years provided some stability of sorts... (even if they were vastly different) - in the last decade there’s been four more locations used, with another couple of random halls thrown in for good measure... ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1