The Location Thread

ctang

23 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Like the look of that first option. Is that the road where gregs lastt scene is? 

That's right, it's the one that leads up to the 'Pier Diner' etc. and then loops back around to the Surf Club, so has been used in countless scenes. :wink:

Not sure I know where this wharf is that travis always is in the early years. I remember it well and wonder why the stopped using it.  

Then there was Adam Cameron's one when he first arrived. Do we ever see that still? Seems that there's been lots used over the years 

Edited by Blaxland 89

On 17/03/2017 at 11:53 AM, Blaxland 89 said:

Another location that could be added it Jennifer's house. Only used for about a month, but very frequent in that time. 

How's this for service?

http://www.backtothebay.net/locations/jennifers-house/

On 15/03/2017 at 9:03 PM, Blaxland 89 said:

Not sure I know where this wharf is that travis always is in the early years. I remember it well and wonder why the stopped using it.  

It's on our photography list, near to a high-priority location, so fingers crossed. It's not really in the usual area used for filming, so that might be perhaps why.

Then there was Adam Cameron's one when he first arrived. Do we ever see that still? Seems that there's been lots used over the years 

Got that one also ready to go up on the site - wharves to tend to be quite tricky given the amount they've used and the fact they're not as easily accessible to view on Streetview :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Hah! That's brilliant. So strange that they say the house is so far away when it's one of the few thats actually in the heart of Summer Bay. Thank you once again. 

It's a nice looking house as well, so it's a shame it was meant to be so far away and never used again (so far anyway as never say never in Summer Bay).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, c120701 said:

It's a nice looking house as well, so it's a shame it was meant to be so far away and never used again (so far anyway as never say never in Summer Bay).

I was pleasantly surprised to see that it's pretty much unchanged, same certainly can't be said of the other side of the road (Max Richards' house once stood there but is long gone)

Funnily enough, one of the neighbouring houses will be making an appearance on-screen in the coming months...

Adam's Wharf / Harling Apartment

Thanks to QA for the pics as ever.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to work out the layout upstairs at Summer Bay House again and mostly it makes sense if the right side of the house exists downstairs (and you expand the exterior a little), but I've just been thinking back across some more recent episodes and things have certainly got confused. 

So as you go upstairs after the turn, it's a straight run to the back of the house, however the stairs run alongside the wall, but at the top of the stairs, there's a banister to the right of the stairs towards the bathroom. It's straight, so it's not the stairs to the attic bedroom which just don't seem to exist on the set.

There's a bedroom to directly at the top of the stairs which in Pippa's day was the boys room, turn the corner to the left of that there's the girls room and then turn again and there's the master which fits as it puts the door to the enclosed verandah upstairs smack bang in the middle of the house where it should be. 

I think though that when Tank jumped out of Evie's bedroom window last year that he landed on the wrong side of the house.

Edited by c120701

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2017 at 9:29 PM, c120701 said:

I think though that when Tank jumped out of Evie's bedroom window last year that he landed on the wrong side of the house.

As confusing as it's become, yes that certainly was the wrong side :wink: 

2 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Thanks for another great location Dan. Sauls commune. 

That was quick off the mark, was in the middle of typing it out :P

Yup, another location added which has been seen recently in the Early Years eps - Saul's Cult Farm

And you're right about the shack, it's still there in fact.