Gina Austin - Sonia Todd

I have to say the one thing I like about Gina is that she doesnt pretend she isnt wrong, she knows she isnt handling things as people would expect her to and I think that is a hard thing to own up to. My mum is the same at times, she knows the way she is handling things isnt the best way but she cant see another way so I can sympathise with Gina on this count. I really want to see Brendan, Hugo & Xavier have fun together and build a more developed relationship with Gina. I am really intrigued to see what happens with Gina and the rest of Austins, is Gina only there for a small period of time as a guest? I hope not as I think it was bold move by H&A to introduce the family and dont want them to be split up yet when we havent really had a chance to see them in their best or worst moments.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've meet Sonia about 6 times, and she is really nice lady on the first time we meet her I got an autograph, a photo with her and Jodi the second time, 3 time was when she bumped into us at the supermarket (real random, she remebers me), 4th time I got another photo with her, along with Aaron Jeffery and rachal (Jodie) again, 5th time was the lunch with a McLeod star (But for me I didn't get to choose, my dad it) 6th time was she gave me a hug (lol I was like 'Umm thanks Sonia') I didn't want to call her Meg incase she didn't like it

• 6 months later...

from http://www.backtothebay.net/news/2009/07/2...t_members.shtml

It's been discussed in the coming and going thread a bit.

I think it's good news. Perhaps she will take on Roman's role in the Diner, they have Kirsty to help sometimes but they are still always run off their feet, they will have even less help soon..

As well as there just being a gap there, I think she would fit in well in that role because she could interact lots with Irene, Colleen and Leah, and all the customers of course. So even if she doesn't have big storylines herself at least she will have lots of interactions at work, instead of in other jobs we wouldn't see.

Or maybe she could be a teacher? Or physio therapist or something like that. Oh or she could maybe help Martha on the farm full time?

You would think she will either move in with Hugo and Xavier, or Tony and Rachels which has more room and to give the boys some space, she could also be there to help with the baby then, but they may want their own space too.

Edited by -Karen-
Spoiler tags added!

Gina is a great character

and I am sure she will get storylines or at least have a part in storylines because porducers would not bring her back as a regular if they thought she wasn't going to be good enough.

Edited by -Karen-
Spoiler tags added!

• 2 weeks later...

ooohh did'nt think of that - but hey everyone in h&a are nearly related somehow and i think alf really needs a new long term love in his life someone he can grow even older with!

i love alf and gina seems like a really nice lady

If it's with Alf then it's a really small town :lol:

Don't think it's with Alf though,

Tony gets worried about her.

• 3 weeks later...

I like Gina a lot. She seems like a lovely, genuine warm person and think she's a great addition. It's nice to see more of Tony's family and thought it was sweet he convinced her to go off with Ted and asked about her love life :lol: I like that she's an older charatcer and think it helps the balance, there seems to be so many teens these days.