Gina Austin - Sonia Todd

What does everyone think of her so far?

I love her so far, she's so kind hearted and she's done very well for herself considering she's a solo Mum with a disabled child.I especially loved the "your Rachel" comment during Mondays episode.

Edited by QUIET ACHIEVER

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone think of her so far?

I love her so far, she's so kind hearted and she's done very well for herself considering she's a solo Mum with a disabled child.I especially loved the "your Rachel" comment during Mondays episode.

I dont know i dont really like the older people and she kinda reminds me of Beth

I don't like her; particularly because of how she seems to 'ignore' the topic of her disabled child!

Be interesting to see how she turns out!

I couldn't agree more!I really don't like her.The two scenes that really annoyed me were where she said i'm proud of you and Hugo to Xavier,completely ignorinng Brendon,and also when she said both my boys at Jack's funeral,again completely ignoring Brendan.

It is difficult to raise a disabled child. It can put huge presure on the family. Not only emotionly but financialy as well. Gina has had it tough. Her husband abondonded her,Hugo ran away so it was left to Gina and Xavier to handle things. Gina deserves a medal.

I get that it would be hard but that's no reason not to acknowledge him.He has feelings to,wouldn't it hurt you if you're parents refused to acknowledge your existence?She doesn't deserve a medal.She comes across like she sees him as a burdon which isn't right.Xavier seems like the only one who cares about him.

Edited by ~Lynd~

I think she is struggling to raise a disabled child, its not easy, I know that being slightly disabled but my parents never failed to acknowledge me, I was always a part of their decisions, Gina seems not to care which is horrible for anyone but more so for a disabled child tbh.

Gina to way to Meg as everyone knows her on Mc Leod's Daughters!! (Well all the fans do though) Sonia Todd was great as Meg, and for the Beth thing I hope not cause then the writers might decide to kill her off :( But overall I am so liking the Xavier/Gina relationship but it kinda reminds me of Meg/Jodi off Mc Leods Daughters.

It's a pity we've not seen more of her. I like her and it's nice to see some of Tony's family. I like the fact she has some hidden secrets too, especially where Brendan is concerned and i hope that develops more if/when she comes back.

I wish we'd seen her interact with Rachel more too, i think they'd get along well. I wish we'd seen them meet for the first time, but oh well.

From what I've seen of her so far, I really do like her as a character - the way she acts around the topic of Brendan indicates to me that we're in for some compelling viewing further down the track and the relationships between the Austin family are explored, they've all been set up brilliantly as far as I'm concerned. I italicise 'character' purely because I'm not sure on what to make of her as a person, what with the way she responds to her sons completely differently (even the treatment between Xavier and Hugo is vastly different). But the sad fact is, people like this do exist in the world, and I applaud Home and Away for introducing a middle aged fairly 'normal' mother who is deeply flawed, and knows it - she's certainly quite far removed from the likes of Pippa, Shelley and Beth.