Technical Issues

Dingo x

I have a personalised Activity Stream I keep bookmarked so I can catch up to the as-yet-unread posts on certain forums. However, lately I've noticed that not all unread threads show up in the Activity Stream. When I go to All Activity I notice there are some unread threads that haven't shown up in my personalised feed. This may be something I have just started noticing.

Is this a known issue? Can something be done about this?

Thanks!

Edited by dvj1208

It's certainly not an issue I'm aware of, but that's probably because I don't use streams :P Have you tried recreating the personalised stream, and are the missing threads from particular forums (i.e. password protected ones) or are they just random?

If it is a bug then there's a quite significant update for the forum software pending when Chris has the time, so it may be squished then.

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

It's certainly not an issue I'm aware of, but that's probably because I don't use streams :P Have you tried recreating the personalised stream, and are the missing threads from particular forums (i.e. password protected ones) or are they just random?

If it is a bug then there's a quite significant update for the forum software pending when Chris has the time, so it may be squished then.

Thanks @Dan F!

I haven't tried recreating the stream. I think I should.

The missing threads can be from any forum. For instance, some threads from the Spoiler forum will show up, but another one won't. There doesn't seem to be a pattern either in terms of the forum/thread/particular poster.

• 4 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, dvj1208 said:

This isn't an issue at all, but a question and didn't know where to ask.

Why are the Australian and Spoiler forums password protected?

The main reason is to prevent spoiler posts/threads appearing on the forum index and accidentally spoiling international viewers who don't read them. If they don't enter the password for the Oz/Spoiler forums, then they won't see anything pop up from there.

Of course it also acts as an incentive for people to sign up and join in the discussion :wink:

Any joy with the activity streams now we've had the update?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Hey I had been trying to go onto the website but the server seems to be down or something. Am I the only one who have this problem??

Yes there were issues earlier. It's safe for you to assume that when it goes down, it's down for everyone.

If in doubt you can try isup.me which will confirm either way.

On 18/07/2017 at 23:09, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

I had been still having this error message issue all the time when I go to another forum to read a post like e.g. fanfiction or spoiler section. It takes too long to post or re-edit something. 

508 Resource Limit Is Reached

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

I only get that on my phone