Alf Stewart - Ray Meagher

Dean

Thats what I thought about Paul anyway, still I have heard it about Ray a few times.

I've been following the show for its entire run including articles interviews...etc etc and I've never heard any of those rumours.

I heard it in school, and I googled it, and it came up in some gossip magazine article, and yeah I know not to believe them I was just wondering if there was some reason that these rumours came about. Obviously It wouldn't affect my opinion on him, I love Ray, Alf is a legend! I was just curious.

• 5 months later...

How does Alf only have two pages of discussion when he's the longest character? Wowsers!

That said, he does just seem to 'fade' into the background in so many of the storylines, yet if you show his picture to practically anyone in the modern society world, they'll know him as "Alf" and "flamin mongrel" which ain't a half bad achievement for a soap actor!

I'd like to see him becoming more involved in this mystery storyline; particularly as he runs the bait shop and so would surely have dealings with all the 'fishy' [haha] people around Summer Bay.

Alf is great and Ray does a fantastic job with him. I think they should use him a bit more. I know he had the Bridget storyline but I was never a fan of her.

I like his relationship with Miles. They seem to work well together.

• 1 month later...

Alf is a background characters these days and have been that for years. But he is such an important charachter. He conntect so many of the others together that the show will be totally different the day when Ray/Alf leaves. And the show needs a character like this. A character who does normally thing, who know the most people in the bay, someone that the others turn to when they need some advice. Actually if they don't have characters like this, everything would have been a totally mess about evilness, stalkers, crimes and disasters.

You need som normality to identify the unormal. Otherwise, everything would have been a total disaster! And I don't think that every characters/actors need stalker-storylines to become popular and to show their acting skills. What about an everyday problem/issue??

Edited by jodlebirger

• 3 months later...

After watching the Early Years it makes me realise how greatful I am that Alf is still around. I was watching 1988 episodes. Back in year 1988 if If I was to guess one character that would still be there in 22 years it would have been Alf.

Edited by john003au
SPAG