Morag Bellingham - Cornelia Frances

emmasi

On 15/02/2016 at 3:57 PM, j.laur5 said:

I always wondered where they would have taken Morag's character had she stayed past 1989.

I have feeling they would slowly softened her character, having her become friends with Pippa, and I always thought a friendship with Sally might have been interesting like Max and Colleen's friendship in the 2000s.

I think they would have had to mellowed and softened her (Morag) a lot more to keep the character in line without going off the rails and ending up in jail, dead or whatever that leads to her character leaving the Bay.

I truly believe it was under the influence of Dan Bennett's (short) role on the show that brings Cornelia back as Morag for another short guest stint, but I'm wondering, now that he's gone again, if this WILL be the last we ever see of Morag?

:wacko:

Edited by DialMforMorag

On Tuesday, February 23, 2016 at 10:31 PM, DialMforMorag said:

I think they would have had to mellowed and softened her (Morag) a lot more to keep the character in line without going off the rails and ending up in jail, dead or whatever that leads to her character leaving the Bay.

I truly believe it was under the influence of Dan Bennett's (short) role on the show that brings Cornelia back as Morag for another short guest stint, but I'm wondering, now that he's gone again, if this WILL be the last we ever see of Morag?

:wacko:

I think you may be right it may be the last we see of her, unless she's returns for some story line to do with Alf in the future I very much doubt it tho as he rarely geta anything big these days, which is a shame as I think Morag has a big fan base and is loved by a lot of people hopefully we see her again at some point.

I think her longer stints in the mid 00's to her departure in 2008 suited her best. They could work on her character then, and it was great to have her around Martha and have her opinions about several things. 

I thought her shorter stints in 2009-2012 was quite rubbish. She needs more than a 5-6 episodes to get in character and to shine. I feel a bit nervous for her last stint, I don't hope they destroy her or make her look stupid in a way. She is good when she can really dig into things and show all the others that she is right. 

I agree with jodlebirger.She was on the show continuously from 2004 to 2007 and she worked fine.That was probably the stint that defined her as a character.Before that she was someone who popped up to cause trouble, since then she's someone who pops up to fulfil a specific plot function.Having Morag come in for a few weeks because someone needs a lawyer doesn't give her a chance to make an impact at all, she needs time to breathe, to get character stuff rather than just be a plot device and build a relationship with the newer characters, otherwise she's in danger of becoming a generic character that just happens to be played by Cornelia Frances.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

I really like Morag probably one of my favorite charterer ever to the point when herd she was returning last year I started watching for first time in 5 year just waiting for her return than kept watching not know that was all she back for. Ended up getting sucked into other stoylines and been watching since but was Morage who made me watch again at the start

• 3 months later...

I would like for Morag to maybe get amnesia and the last thing she remembers is the sea plane crash when Bobby found out who she was. And when Morag wakes up she is being nasty and Alf has to tell her that Bobby died without them ever making peace. But that a  little out there

another idea is that she has a stoke or something (like Harold from Neighbours), just something to give us back nasty Morag for a few months.

Edited by project90

• 3 weeks later...