Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

I never understood why Irene is almost always in the background considering she is a character that so many clearly love and want to see more of and she is played by an extremely talented actress. I only hope after this storyline is done the writers don't forget about her again. It would be a shame if they did.

I'm loving the way they are handling this storyline. At first I was worried that they were going to focus on the investigation part of it instead of Irene. But I'm glad they aren't and they are focusing on Irene and what she's going through because of it as well as the other stuff. It makes the storyline more interesting. As much as I feel for Irene and want to see her get better eventually I hope this plays out for long while because I'm really enjoying this storyline.

Edited by Jody

I wrote this elsewhere but it's worth repeating: - Lynne is giving the stand out performance of the year, never mind the week. What I like about it is that she does not just say the words and have the right expression, but she lives and breathes the part with her entire body and that is what is makes it so gut wrenchingly real . The desolation, despair, fear, and everything else which Irene was feeling were all too visible to us, and when she broke down after the kids visited her in prison I was in pieces. I wish they did a logie for outstanding dramatic performance in a soap/seriel (I believe they do something like it in the UK awards) because she would be a shoe in!

I have to agree that Lynnes acting has been of really high standard. She has shown every bit of emotion that you I would expect someone in her position in real life to show. I don't know too much about the Logie awards or whatever other awards Home and Away can come under in Australia, but I really hope there is a place for Lynne to at least get nominated for some sort of award. I think she deserves some recognition for the acting she has done so far with this new storyline.

Just wanted to say its fantastic Lynne finally has a decent story line and that its really got me hooked. I am so absorbed in it and I think Lynne McGranger is just amazing. I knew she was good, but not this good. I love everything about this and dont want it to end.I hoep they give the story a proper follow through so we see how Irene copes with everything for the next few months. Its going to be awesome.

I agree. Lynne is doing a fantastic job and its about time she had a decent storyline to get stuck into. Im really interested in this storyline aswell, Im looking forward to seeing what actually did happen on that boat! Will be interesting too see how she copes now she is drinking again.