Irene Roberts - Lynne McGranger

Cerise

3 hours ago, samdanfan said:

Wow mad it seem real as I'm guess now its April fools over there.  If that a fake then IF I was a certain actor I would confront someone for something on TV week. That was out of line.

I too know one actor agent posted for them so yes its easy to be fooled.

How were you fooled by that? It's nonsense, particularly if you follow Alan and Lynne on social media, most people would know immediately that it's fake because it's so out of character.

4 minutes ago, alexx said:

How were you fooled by that? It's nonsense, particularly if you follow Alan and Lynne on social media, most people would know immediately that it's fake because it's so out of character.

I'm not followers and toward the end I kind of picked up it was for fun, yet some comment were not nice and given April fools I should picked up yet...........

Anyway, back to Irene. I've been thinking about her alcoholism and how she stayed sober for so long, which was probably helped by the lack of a licensed premises in the show's regular sets. From what I gathered it was a fair way to the nearest pub, which does make you wonder why so many tourists came to Summer Bay really, as most adults like a drink on holiday. It really does highlight a key difference between Home and Away of the 90s and now. In the 80s, Alf had his bottle shop and throughout the show we'd see people having a beer and occasionally wine or champagne for weddings, but I always thought it was strange that Home and Away never had a pub or bar which was a staple of other soaps. The show would have alcoholics though and I wonder if they deliberately didn't include one because they wanted to show Summer Bay as a safe haven for the foster kids, away from their troubled parents, with many having had drink problems. It's only since 2004 that we've had a regular bar set, although since Angelo's opened it's been primarily a restaurant, but we see people more often now turning to alcohol to resolve their problems.

• 7 months later...

It's funny you know because ten years ago Irene became quite unlikable with her having too much of a  fiery temper. She become likable again in 2008 and unlikable this year. Her fiery temper became worse as she was so hard on Hunter. Its not all Hunter's fault that Olivia and Hunter fight.

I think I liked Irene better in the 90s. Her character seems more mature.  

1 hour ago, Luke39 said:

Irene has been way too harsh for a long time. This year I don't know if it is because she has been through alot this year dunno. But she is kinda being a Bit, you know what lol. 

For first time ever I would not be sad if she left. If I had to choose between Leah or Irene I would pick Leah in heartbeat. At least Leah is a kind and respectful woman.

I love Lynne. She is a most nice lady as I have met her. I cant say Irene is a most nice lady at the moment.