Frankie

Guest Dan F

I really don't know what to say here.

First of all thanks Dan for sending me a message prompting me to log into the forum, as due to work commitments I haven't been very active at all recently.

I did hear a while ago that Frankie was ill, but I really wasn't expecting to hear this news so soon. Although in some cases sooner rather than later is a blessing.

I haven't spoken to Frankie online for quite some time, and I do feel guilty now for not having made more of an effort to strike up a conversation on the few occasions we have both been logged on at the same time. I didn't get the chance to say goodbye, but then I guess hearing goodbye would have been the last thing she wanted. 'Talk soon' would have been a more appropriate way of signing off after I'd spoken to her.

My thoughts are with Frankie's partner Tariq, her family and her friends - what her online friends here at BTTB are feeling now can only be a mere fraction of the grief they must be going through.

Miss Whiplash, you have left us with many happy, smutty memories and you will always be a part of BTTB. I really hope you are now polishing your whip ready for when we all join you in that great big forum in the sky.

Love ya Frankie. Talk soon. xxx

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm shocked. I just don't know what to say really.

Like many others on the forum, I never had the pleasure of meeting Frankie in person but throughout the time I've spent on this site she was always kind and truly brilliant to be around and I'm positive she would've been just the same had I met her. She will forever be a part of BTTB and will always be chief whip cracker.

My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

We miss you, Frankie xxx

Firstly thanks so much to Dan for doing that announcement, as the two in contact with her family I knew it would be one of us have to make it and I was personally dreading having to be the one to announce it. You did really well though and a huge thanks from me for handling it and for texting me to let me know.

Even though I knew it was coming I feel genuinely devastated, Frankie was one of my best friends on this forum. She was one of two who decided to make me librarian, part of the group who pushed for me to be moderator and the person primarily responsible for putting my name forward as admin. She was truly an amazing friend, I'll really miss our chats, her humour and just generally talking gossip and girl stuff with her and Mez.

I knew the last few weeks that things were getting worse but I was desperately hoping she might hang on for that meeting in Melbourne in a few weeks. I know though that Frankie will have fought this to the end and its a testament to such a wonderful, selfless person that so few of us knew about this and that she continued to post and 'potter about' as she called it, on the forum until a few weeks ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with her mother, fiance and the rest of her family as they come to terms with their huge loss. No doubt I've made too much fuss but I doubt Frankie would have expected anything different. Thanks for the whip Miss Whiplash, you were a fantastic mod and one of my best friends, I feel so privilidged to be able to call myself a friend.

Mez and I are going to have a night on the lash for you when I get to Christchurch and I'll go see that theatre show in Melbourne, like I promised you I would.

Rest in peace. xxx

Wow. I really dont know what to say right now. Most of you know I'm not really as active as I used to be but I do sometimes visit and log on as a guest, but when I came on today I certainly wasnt expecting to see this.

Frankie helped me so much in the past, when I was depressed, sending me pms to brighten up my day, and helping me through so much, espically on msn. I havnt really spoken to her in about a year but I'll still remember all the times she helped me.

I had tears in my eyes reading that, and I still really cant believe it. When I saw the title from the board index, I thought it was just going to be something like a moderator leaving, but I didnt expect this.

RIP :(

My thoughts and prayers are with Frankie's family and friends at this sad time.

The script writing competition will not be the same without her. Frankie was a good organiser, very smart with a smashing sense of humour, and always kind and helpful to both contestants and judges alike. We will miss her cracking the whip. It wont be the same without her, but perhaps she will be there in spirit making sure we keep to task. I enjoyed working with her, and she will be missed.

Archived