Announcements

Cerise

For a trial period we are moving all R and A/R rated fics to a dedicated adult fic forum. We are currently in the process of moving fics into the new forum, which will shortly appear, as if by magic, to the members.

The adult forum will be password protected.

The new ratings guidelines will be added to the rules announcements in the Fic forum and we would ask that all fic writers and readers read them carefully.

Please bear with us while we make these changes.

Thank You.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it comes to filling out catalogues forms, it would be really appreciated if members could give an answer to the 'type of fic' criteria, instead of "undecided". We don't need to know how many chapters you're gonna have or anything... all we need to know is whether you expect it to be a oneshot or a long fic (ie. a fic with more than one chapter). Thanks. :)

Oh and one more thing... (:P) You may have noticed a little while ago, that some of the catalogue forms in your fics started turning bluey/green... This was not magic :P - we realised that there were like a thousand different versions of the catalogue form around. So, a couple of months back, the librarians agreed on the 'official' one, I guess you could say. We're trying to convert all catalogue forms into the following format:

Story Title: Give it a name, any name we can edit it later

Type of story: long fic/ short fic

Main Characters:

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance (make this a link)

Genre:

Does story include spoilers: yes/no

Any warnings: Sexual content, violence, language

Summary: 5 lines max

The reason that it's in bluey/green, is so that we can keep track of which fics have been updated with the 'official' version. So even if you don't like the colour (sorry if you don't), could you please not change the colour back if you find it like that. Again, thanks. :)

Fan Fiction Challenge Notice:

I've psoted this here because the fanfic challenge has now been unpinned.

"Entries are posted in the Northern Districts Library.. Please R and R in this comments thread..

Because there was only two entries I didn't think it was fair to have people pick a winner or a favourite so I've said reviews only, hope everyones ok with that.

As theres no winner to be announced I put the thread straight in the NDL and Kat can start her challenge whenever she wants. :)"

Adult Forum.

If you have a fanfic that you feel should be moved to the Adult forum, or you are unsure, then please PM a librarian. We are trying our best to move all adult fics into the forum, but we would appreciate your help.

The updated rating guidelines can be found at the top of the forum, or here. Please check that your fic is still at the same rating. If it has changed, then contact one of the librarians.

These guidelines also include explicity levels allowed in both the forum, and the adult forum. Please check them out.

• 1 month later...

I've noticed something in the Forms, so I just thought I'd mention it...

Could you please include your warnings for your Fic. These are SC (Sexual Content), VD (Violence/Death), L (Language) and so on.

There are people saying 'Rating: A' but then saying 'Warnings: None'.

If you rate your Fic 'G' it's okay if you have no warnings... because it's fit for all ages...

But if you have rated your Fic A... why, if you have no warnings?

If you have any problems with Rating your Fic View The Official Ratings Guide (Click)

Also, there's this great new trend going on, it's called Incomplete Forms, or 'Lets make up our own Forms'. This Section has a number of new rules, but we do appreciate you using our Correct Forms...

Story Title: Give it a name, any name we can edit it later

Type of story: long fic/ short fic / oneshot

Main Characters:

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance

Genre:

Summary: 5 lines max

And as said by Jade before, please keep them in that colour... Personally I think it's very very pretty. I may sound hypocritical because I've used a purple form before, which I am about to change... :P...

In your Subtitle, could you please include Your Main Characters Names (JM, Belle, Lucas, Multi Character etc), Rating, Warnings, and if the Story Contains any Spoilers for UK Viewers.

If you do not follow our Rules/Guidelines, then you will receive a kind PM from us Librarians kindly asking you to do whatever. (Whatever. That sounds so professional :P)

This has all been said earlier in this thread... So I'll leave it at that.

And with this, my Friends, I close this thread.

Until the next announcement :D

Kat x

• 4 months later...

Just a reminder:

When your Fan Fiction has been completed, can you please PM one of our Librarians and ask them to move it to the Library. In your PM, please fill out the following form...

Story Title: Name - also supply a link to the story.

Type of story: long fic/ short fic / oneshot

Main Characters:

BTTB rating: see official ratings guidance

Genre:

Summary: One or two sentances about the story.

Also, we appreciate it if authors would PM a librarian if they have a fic they don't wish to continue, or see a fic that seems abandoned so it can be moved to The Vault.

The Librarians are:

emmasi

valli

Cerise (Formerly known as -Kirst-)

Thanks! I love you all! :)

Just posting a little message...

First of all a reminder that all rules must be followed when posting a Fic. Don't rely on the Librarians to correct you, because it is hard work and most of us are busy at this moment in time.

Secondly, I 'discussed' this with another Librarian and if any member wants to help out with the fic Forum, they can just PM one of the Red people (God, that sounds professional), and we'd appreciate it if you could help out with doing lists? I remember we did this last year when the index came out or something (I remember helping out as a member). Basically you could gather links of Fics that need Moving to the vault, NDL, that aren't in the index, that should be in the adult forum or need Forms. If you fany it, PM Me, Eli, Jade or emmasi. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Promotion Fics:

This is a reminder of the Promotion Rule - They are not allowed. Full Stop. if you get three warnings about a Promotion fic, you will get an official warning. This rule is the same as ANY other rule on this board and should be followed the same way. If you would like to Promote, you may do so in here. You are expected to keep this rule.

• 2 months later...

Archived