UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

Another piece of history wiped out forever. Paul being the Tanaka Twins father is not possible if you watch the 1985 episodes. They did show some clips of the 1985 episodes but it was brief footage which was a fraction of the overall storyline back then. It does not support the revisit 32 years later.

Much like H&A they  should re-name NEIGHBOURS  THE NEXT GENERATION. 

So that's Brad and Lauren gone.  With regards to Brad I would say good riddance.  I've never really liked him and thought he was pretty useless as a character.  His main achievement was having 5 kids with 3 different women.  I do like Lauren.  I think overall she is a good person with a good heart and I am going to miss her in a way however I really hate how there was no real backlash for her stealing Brad of Terese and Terese was just forced to accept it and move on.  In fact I hate how everyone was written to basically cheer them on eventually.  Piper seems to be their biggest cheerleader.  If it was me and I was in her position I'm not sure I could forgive someone for doing that to my mum.  One thing that's annoyed me particularly was the way Susan told Toadie how disappointed she was with him for cheating on Sonia (and understandably so) but she refused to take sides with Brad and Lauren when they first did the dirty on Terese.  Part of me was hoping that something would happen to Brad so Lauren would lose him forever but I guess it was just meant to be for them.  I knew when they brought the Turners and Willis's back to the street something was bound to happen with Brad and Terese because they are soulmates.  Although I do think it would have been better to have the affair when Matt was still alive.

The other main thing that springs to mind is the revelation that Paul is the father of the Tanaka brothers.  Imagine finding out that your arch enemy was in fact your son.  Good thing they got there in time to stop them as if they had got there another 15-20 minutes later then Leo and Amy would have committed incest.  The show would never do something like that anyway.  Not like the storyline from Brookside with Nat and Georgia.  Don't think they would be prepared to deal with the backlash.

Oh and Finn's aneurysm.  Xanthe's one of the worst people to find out because she will get involved trying to help (Not sure if she will tell anyone).  Can't remember if they said it was operable or not.  If it was presumably Finn wouldn't risk anything going wrong so he'd rather take his chances hoping it doesn't burst and maybe try to rekindle things with Elly.  Is hard to tell whether he's only saying that he loves her because of the predicament he's in.

23 minutes ago, Slade said:

So that's Brad and Lauren gone.  With regards to Brad I would say good riddance.  I've never really liked him and thought he was pretty useless as a character.  His main achievement was having 5 kids with 3 different women.  I do like Lauren.  I think overall she is a good person with a good heart and I am going to miss her in a way however I really hate how there was no real backlash for her stealing Brad of Terese and Terese was just forced to accept it and move on.  In fact I hate how everyone was written to basically cheer them on eventually.  Piper seems to be their biggest cheerleader.  If it was me and I was in her position I'm not sure I could forgive someone for doing that to my mum.  One thing that's annoyed me particularly was the way Susan told Toadie how disappointed she was with him for cheating on Sonia (and understandably so) but she refused to take sides with Brad and Lauren when they first did the dirty on Terese.  Part of me was hoping that something would happen to Brad so Lauren would lose him forever but I guess it was just meant to be for them.  I knew when they brought the Turners and Willis's back to the street something was bound to happen with Brad and Terese because they are soulmates.  Although I do think it would have been better to have the affair when Matt was still alive.

The other main thing that springs to mind is the revelation that Paul is the father of the Tanaka brothers.  Imagine finding out that your arch enemy was in fact your son.  Good thing they got there in time to stop them as if they had got there another 15-20 minutes later then Leo and Amy would have committed incest.  The show would never do something like that anyway.  Not like the storyline from Brookside with Nat and Georgia.  Don't think they would be prepared to deal with the backlash.

Oh and Finn's aneurysm.  Xanthe's one of the worst people to find out because she will get involved trying to help (Not sure if she will tell anyone).  Can't remember if they said it was operable or not.  If it was presumably Finn wouldn't risk anything going wrong so he'd rather take his chances hoping it doesn't burst and maybe try to rekindle things with Elly.  Is hard to tell whether he's only saying that he loves her because of the predicament he's in.

It seems the show does not want to have a Good character as a regular. No shock there.

Paul being such a important part of the show Its about time he into a storyline again. Although I do not have a favorite anymore I do have respect for some of the cast including him as he does his job and had great ideas.

Xanthe's medical career I hope if she chooses that it takes her places. to some many would say off the street! I do not  think she that bad. I know she reminds some of Margot in a way?

On Monday, April 10, 2017 at 4:06 PM, samdanfan said:

It seems the show does not want to have a Good character as a regular. No shock there.

Paul being such a important part of the show Its about time he into a storyline again. Although I do not have a favorite anymore I do have respect for some of the cast including him as he does his job and had great ideas.

Xanthe's medical career I hope if she chooses that it takes her places. to some many would say off the street! I do not  think she that bad. I know she reminds some of Margot in a way?

I find it a real shame they didn't try and bring back some of pauls other kids back instead of inventing new ones and rewriting history or at least some members of his family such as Lucy I like Paul I just feel for the most part he's just seen randomly walking round at different places.

The Xanthe stuff is great I really like her id love to see her in more scenes with Clive it would be great if he came back long term I used to love him in 86.

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

I find it a real shame they didn't try and bring back some of pauls other kids back instead of inventing new ones and rewriting history or at least some members of his family such as Lucy I like Paul I just feel for the most part he's just seen randomly walking round at different places.

The Xanthe stuff is great I really like her id love to see her in more scenes with Clive it would be great if he came back long term I used to love him in 86.

Yes mate. I agree I love to see Elle again,

I do think given how important he and the older cast is they form what I call the Triangle group of what keeping the show going. I wished they could do better yet its not his fault some actors think they too good to work on Ramsey street or Summer Bay.

Xanthe What a lucky girl!  IF I was compared to Margot considering Robbie the Gold standard of success now I would play it for all its worth. I love to have her working with Karl and letting him teach her about a future in a medical profession.

The show suffered in the past by allowing alot of things to happen. It does seem like they trying to make up for it.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived