UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

2 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

It will be kind of obvious the baby isnt Davids when it is born and is not Asian. Hopefully the truth will come out before the baby is born though

Yes they always get things wrong when they try to copy each others stories. Sometimes they get lucky.

As I told some in Melbourne once they need to hire better writers yet they work with what they have.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 06/02/2017 at 11:43 PM, Luke39 said:

The Paige Pregnency Storyline is really bad. I Think Home and Away did a better one with Billie. I mean this whole lying about Jack being the father. And that Doctor guy being the fake daddy. It's just stupid and pointless, I mean DNA tests later down the track well show Jacks the father. Karl well prob find out. Just seems silly too me. IT's not like Paige has any reason to not want Jack to be the father. I mean it is not like she was sexually assaulted or anything, ahem.

The Billie pregnancy storyline in Home and Away is just dreadful.  Firstly not only is David going along with this but he actually offered to pretend to be the father.  Billie deceived and lied to VJ for months and didn't give him any choice in the matter.  Paige's refusal to tell Jack the truth is because (as much as she loves him) she knows how important priesthood is to him and doesn't want him to give that up.  Again Billie lied to VJ for months for her own selfish reasons.  Paige is ten times the person Billie is and even that is saying something.

I'm sorry Ned has left again as I quite like him and I would have been interested to see him and Ellie pursue a relationship properly.  I'm glad she's stuck around though as the last couple of episodes I've seen quite a mature side to her and feel she has potential.  If she had left the bar with Mark and gone back to his she could have probably slept with him but she decided not to because Mark would regret it, she would probably regret it as I presume she's moving away from  casual one night stands.  Her conversation with Steph was a major turning point for me.  Steph was being quite rude but Ellie remained calm and handled herself very well.  When Steph told her she had a problem with men that comment really made her think which was presumably a major factor in her not eloping with Ned or sleeping with Mark.

As predicted and as various people foresaw the surrogacy has been a disaster and Sonia's not even had the baby yet.  Mark and Steph have broken up.  Steph developed feelings for Victoria but I can't help thinking that was brought on by the fact that she was practically forced into going along with having a baby she didn't want so it placed unnecessary pressure on her.  And as Victoria was one of the people who warned her against it she probably felt she could trust her which allowed the feelings to develop in the first place.  As Mark has said Steph has broke his heart but it's reached the point sadly where at the moment they both can't stand each other which is a shame.  Steph has got more immediate problems now with Ellen.  I immediately think hell hath no fury than a woman scorned.  I remember last week's episode where Ellen was suspicious when Steph walked into the bar looked at Victoria, Victoria looked at Ellen then Ellen looked at Steph and Steph walked out not wanting to be part of what is going on.  And now Ellen blames Steph for presumably Victoria not wanting to give things another go she's already got people to watch the hotel and I suspect she's going to make life difficult for Steph - I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of her.

Although Mark and Ellie didn't happen now that Sonia will help him bring up the baby this will only allow them to bond and leave Toadie out in the lurch.  He's already noticed this which has allowed him to basically make his mind up about paying for Willow's tuition at the academy where she wants to learn to be a pilot.  Part of me is glad he did it as it annoyed Sonia but then we have Dee.  I can't decide whether she's simply being ruthless or whether part of her has subconsciously decided that she is actually Toadie's wife (Interestingly the end credits list Dee and Willow as Dee Bliss and Willow Bliss).  It's such a shame because I really like Willow and think she is such a sweet girl and really want her to be Toadie's daughter.  That scene where after she accidentally told Sonia at Harolds that Toadie was going to pay for her tuition and went she went round to Sonia's office to apologise to her was very emotional indeed.  I think Sonia herself recognised that Willow really is a good kid which was why she is now onboard with what Toadie is doing.  I feel bad for Willow because she's in an absolutely impossible position.  She doesn't want to do anything to get her mother into trouble but on the other hand she knows what Dee is doing to Toadie is wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

I been reading about the upcoming plots on Facebook and agree with how most of the fans feel. 2 storylines have me impressed.

One is Steph and Victoria. "Bring on the Girly love' was one remark. I was wondering who down under would pick up the replacement  for Please Like Me.

Although not a big Carla fan I do have some sympathy for the character as I was unhappy how things have went with her and the trial changed how I felt about the show.  When she returned I had hoped it would open the door for some others to return yet I doubt it will happen. Im sure some like to see her and Dan reunite and Libby could visit and even another person who given what I read they making Steph by her depression and going off meds may become like her worse enemy Sam Fitzsgearld. I can only hope they dont ruin her like that.

The second plot is that of Xanthe becoming a occupational Therapist and considering a medical career. I know many of the younger female cast has taken abuse from the fans they cant act and so on. Yet I love this idea of taking a young person and giving them something to do which I feel will improve their role on the show. Plus it does NOT hurt she reminds some of Margot and when I see a pic of Xanthe I think of Donna sometimes so If I was her I play it for all its worth. I always wanted both ramsey Street and Summer bay to add a young medical person to the cast.

Neighbours like H&A still have along way to go to gain back to support I had years ago. yet there always hope.

Absolutely loved Willow blackmailing Elly.  That scene where she left the photo she created of Elly and Angus together was good.  I also liked the fact that Dee tried to cover for her when Susan and Elly confronted Dee about it.  With regards to Dee sending the photo to the newspaper resulting in Tim Collins publishing an article - it was disgusting but TBH I really don't care.  I don't like however the fact that Dee is letting Willow take the blame for it.  I found Toadie's reaction when he found out hilarious.  The look of absolute shock and dismay that his 'daughter' could do such a thing was wonderful.

Every time I look at this storyline with Dee and Willow I think what a shame this isn't really Dee or his daughter otherwise I would be rooting for them.  I don't dislike Sonia but she has annoyed me regarding this whole surrogacy thing.  She ignored the concerns voiced by Steph and Toadie and went ahead with it.  She is bonding with Mark over the baby and they are getting closer and closer.  Toadie is in a very difficult position.  It's clearly affecting his marriage and he's made out to be unreasonable if he objects to the the amount of time they spend together.  I don't really have anything against Mark but I was glad Toadie had a go at him and threw him out of his house.  So for all the stuff Toadie has to deal with, I sympathise with him the most.  Even though he is being played I thought that scene in Dee's hotel room was quite powerful.  When she told him that she loved him and wanted him back his face said it all.  Even Sonia could see that as a threat when she saw them in the car together the next morning irrespective of how good her speech was at the hospital about Toadie.  Their going away won't make any difference as when they come back Toadie will have to deal with Dee.  And by his reaction when she declared her love for him this is something that won't go away.

Steph is also someone that was affected by the surrogacy.  She is lucky in the sense that it's not her baby and she wasn't married to Mark so she can move on.  I quite like the idea of her and Victoria as a couple although Ellen and Josie won't let it happen.  We've can now see exactly what sort of person Ellen is i.e. trying to make Steph think she is going crazy again.  And whilst I sympathise with Josie I don't agree with what she is doing, especially taking out the restraining order on Steph - even she was the one was by her bike when Steph found it damaged and was outside Sonia's house when Nell ran out to the front and Steph went after her.  Although I wonder whether Ellen has a hand in this.

I'm really liking Paige being pregnant.  It's funny because when she first came I was a big fan of hers despite what she did to Kathy then I hated her for quite a period of time because I found her quite unpleasant and jealous but she seems different now.  With regards to the Willis's moving away, I couldn't care less if Brad goes.  I've been critical of Lauren because she was always made out to be mother Theresa and there was no comeback with her stealing Therese's husband but I think I've forgiven her and I recognise she's basically a good person so I would actually be sorry to see her go and I'm quite liking her friendship with Steph.  I would probably be gutted if Paige goes.

I didn't make the connection at first with regards to the Tanaka brothers and the Udagawas.  Then I realised this is probably the family they've been looking for.  I don't find anything likeable about Jasmine so am glad Leo and David will not accept the payoff she has offered them.  Hopefully they will fight tooth and nail to get whatever share of the inheritance they are entitled to.  Leo has actually been more likeable as of late.  I guess Amy is a good influence on him.

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

Steph should never be bought back!

I agree things would be better had Libby still been around maybe. Carla return could have open the door for some others yet it proved what I know that some characters are not coming back.

Some I could care less if they never come back

This is interesting. A new character arrived on the street. Rob Mills will play Finn Kelly a new teacher and I see him and Elly as the attempt to remake Dan and Libby!

A character named Mr Kelly on Aussie TV! OMG what were they thinking. I as for another name. The Hey Day scandal I am aware of as I talked to one of the cast here in America ( Jenny) and people down under knew another personally ( Debbie) so I can see some jokes coming his way!

I hope Steph leaves soon her character has beyond run its course and okay you could say same for characters like Kennedy's and Toadie but at least they remain as strong respectful members of town and where's with Steph she just there and just repeating her mental health problems.

On 3/17/2017 at 10:30 PM, j.laur5 said:

I hope Steph leaves soon her character has beyond run its course and okay you could say same for characters like Kennedy's and Toadie but at least they remain as strong respectful members of town and where's with Steph she just there and just repeating her mental health problems.

So has alot of others. sadly they comes a time when you have to let go and not hold on just because you like an actor. Everyone would love to see thier favorite work yet if they going to do bad stories and ruin their characters It better they leave and never come back!

I'm glad Paige told Jack he was the father and she was OK after the car crash with Ellen.  I'm surprised Ellen wasn't completely fired from the force although I do agree that she needs help. I'm not sure what to make of Jack wanting Paige to stay in Erinsborough and continuing the priesthood although I agree with Amy in that it won't work even though her attitude towards him since she found out about him and Paige has annoyed me.

With regards to the stuff with Sonia and Toadie what a week.  I didn't think they would actually have the guts to go through with Toadie actually cheating on her but they did so fair play to them in that sense.  My biggest regret with him doing it is that it wasn't the real Dee otherwise I would have been quite pleased.  I guess it's hard for Sonia actually seeing that but TBH I'm glad she's lost the baby (I suspected a while back either she or Paige would have problems so I'm glad it wasn't Paige).  She never should have agreed to do the surrogacy in the first place although I did feel a bit sorry for Mark but part of me does think that she's kind of brought this on herself.  She ignored his reservations and Toadie was just supposed to put up with Mark coming round to comfort Sonia..whenever.  Then she sent him off to London because she was annoyed that he didn't tell her that Dee wanted him back but made out it was so he could find Willow.  I did feel really sorry for Toadie when he found out the truth about Dee (Andrea) and his whole world was turned upside down.

I felt really sorry for Willow just before she and Dee left to go to London when she was struggling to cope with keeping up the lie and she was crying and Toadie comforted her in the hotel room. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she came to see Toadie in hospital after the Taxi hit him because she was genuinely concerned about him and not just to talk him out of going to the police.  I'm quite pleased that he offered to look after her back in Australia and I would love that as I think Willow's a great character but she's not going to leave her mother unless Dee gets in trouble with the police and is incarcerated.

I liked that Karl went to London to support Toadie as well and good that they've had consistency and actually showed Holly rather than just mentioning her.  One thing I really liked was how Carl was sympathetic and understanding given that he was in the same position as Toadie many years ago.  I also liked how he was trying to offer advice as a doctor not only a friend.

I have no doubt that Elly's ex is not a good person and he's virtually got everybody thinking the sun shines out of his backside and we'll probably start to see an unpleasant side emerge although whilst I don't actively dislike her I do find it hard to like Elly anyway so don't have too much sympathy for her at this stage.

Archived