UK Episode Discussion

Skykat

5 hours ago, Gazza said:

It's great when Lucy comes back but it's only temporary, I'd love to see more of his kids back to give him some different screen time or even a permanent return for Des Clarke, it's a shame they've never been able to get Jim back it would of been great for Paul to of seen him when he had his brain tumour. It's a shame Scott's such an Iconic character when played by Jason Donovan it would be great to see him back for a guest stint even if they got Darius Perkins to play the role again.

Yes yet like many shows it has a hard time getting good talent to commit I loved his idea to replace Pippa yet like many most actors want to be in Movies now!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

I've really enjoyed Neighbours over the last week.  I really like the pregnancy storyline with Paige.  I think as she said previously one of the reasons she and Mark eventually broke up was because he wanted kids whereas she didn't and she got pregnant anyway.  I absolutely loved Brad and Lauren's faces when she told them - total dejection!  I really like the friendship with David and Paige and whilst I don't agree with her lying to Jack about who the father is I like how he's supporting her.  Even though I don't dislike Jack, I am kind of glad this is happening to him.  He slept with Paige and has been blowing hot an cold and giving her mixed signals for months.  I even remember how he was towards Paige when Simone was around i.e. implying that she should get over her jealousy.  But now it's the other way round he's absolutely green with envy and I am loving it!  He is fuming and you can see how hard he's trying to suppress his anger.

Paige seemed to take the heat of Piper and Tyler initially who have finally happened.  This is something that I've wanted for a while so I'm glad about that.  One thing that really made me laugh a while back was Tyler's reaction when he found out Piper slept with Angus.  This after having a thing with both of her sisters.  Although he's got a hatrick now.  I do actually quite enjoy their scenes together.  Terese and Brad's approach in particular is not helping the situation.  Trying to keep Piper from him or ban her from seeing him only serves to push them closer together.  Lauren's methodology is a lot better.  Being open to the idea and realising that she cannot stop them from having a relationship.  Surely it would be better to let them have their romance under their roof where they can keep an eye on them.  Even Ned has realised this.  (As an aside can't believe Piper's hero is Clementine Ford).

It is good to have Ned back.  Despite his criminal connections I do think he's trying to leave that life behind and become a better person.  One thing I really like about him is his calm relaxed vibe.  Are he and Ellie on or not?  Seems a bit like Phoebe and Justin.

I think I said this a while back but this surrogacy storyline with Sonia, Mark and Steph is a disaster waiting to happen.  I can't see how it's not going to end in tears.  Toadie was unhappy about it at the beginning and understandably so.  He's basically been forced into going along with it else he comes across as the bad guy and the unreasonable one even though it's probably going to affect his marriage as Sonia starts to bond more and more with the baby.  Similarly Steph having had reservations initially to going from not wanting it has also been roped into going along.  Mark is over the moon but won't be when presumably Sonia will find it harder to give the baby up.

I think bringing Dee back is a great idea.  I loved the way she just turned up at Toadie's and the way they were talking and Sonia was just standing there in shock listening was absolutely wonderful.  And then we had the scene when Sonia was crying in the hospital, told Mark and true to form he decided to investigate.  I think Sonia was surprised when Steph met Dee as she was hoping it wasn't really her and Steph would call Dee out about it but it was the exact opposite.  I'm not sure what the deal is with Dee.  There's definitely something going on but I'll reserve judgement for now.  What I do find very interesting at the moment is that we have three pairs of people who could potentially cause infidelity.  We have Toadie bonding with Dee over the past - Surely they are still married and Toadie and Sonia aren't (Although why hasn't that been mentioned?).  Then we have Sonia getting closer with Mark over the pregnancy.  And finally we have Steph and Victoria.  I actually feel there's real chemistry there and seems as though Steph is having to fight her feelings every time they get close.

So it seems as though Mr Udagawa is being shipped off to Switzerland.  Shame as I actually didn't mind him and like the way he commanded authority over Terese.  When he introduced his successor as his sister I initially thought it was his babysitter.:P  I enjoyed Terese and Paul when they were at loggerheads and I'm enjoying now that they've joined forces against Leo.  I always liked seeing which party has in store for the other.  I found it really funny when Gary took Leo's wombat and he thought it was Paul initially.  Although I loved the way he's getting his own back by having Piper and Tyler stay together at the Youth hostel.  Terese is obviously going to hit the roof.

Best line of the week:

Aaron:"I could have sworn Dave was on my team."

Amy:"We both know your gaydar broke a long time ago."

4 hours ago, Slade said:

I've really enjoyed Neighbours over the last week.  I really like the pregnancy storyline with Paige.  I think as she said previously one of the reasons she and Mark eventually broke up was because he wanted kids whereas she didn't and she got pregnant anyway.  I absolutely loved Brad and Lauren's faces when she told them - total dejection!  I really like the friendship with David and Paige and whilst I don't agree with her lying to Jack about who the father is I like how he's supporting her.  Even though I don't dislike Jack, I am kind of glad this is happening to him.  He slept with Paige and has been blowing hot an cold and giving her mixed signals for months.  I even remember how he was towards Paige when Simone was around i.e. implying that she should get over her jealousy.  But now it's the other way round he's absolutely green with envy and I am loving it!  He is fuming and you can see how hard he's trying to suppress his anger.

Paige seemed to take the heat of Piper and Tyler initially who have finally happened.  This is something that I've wanted for a while so I'm glad about that.  One thing that really made me laugh a while back was Tyler's reaction when he found out Piper slept with Angus.  This after having a thing with both of her sisters.  Although he's got a hatrick now.  I do actually quite enjoy their scenes together.  Terese and Brad's approach in particular is not helping the situation.  Trying to keep Piper from him or ban her from seeing him only serves to push them closer together.  Lauren's methodology is a lot better.  Being open to the idea and realising that she cannot stop them from having a relationship.  Surely it would be better to let them have their romance under their roof where they can keep an eye on them.  Even Ned has realised this.  (As an aside can't believe Piper's hero is Clementine Ford).

It is good to have Ned back.  Despite his criminal connections I do think he's trying to leave that life behind and become a better person.  One thing I really like about him is his calm relaxed vibe.  Are he and Ellie on or not?  Seems a bit like Phoebe and Justin.

I think I said this a while back but this surrogacy storyline with Sonia, Mark and Steph is a disaster waiting to happen.  I can't see how it's not going to end in tears.  Toadie was unhappy about it at the beginning and understandably so.  He's basically been forced into going along with it else he comes across as the bad guy and the unreasonable one even though it's probably going to affect his marriage as Sonia starts to bond more and more with the baby.  Similarly Steph having had reservations initially to going from not wanting it has also been roped into going along.  Mark is over the moon but won't be when presumably Sonia will find it harder to give the baby up.

I think bringing Dee back is a great idea.  I loved the way she just turned up at Toadie's and the way they were talking and Sonia was just standing there in shock listening was absolutely wonderful.  And then we had the scene when Sonia was crying in the hospital, told Mark and true to form he decided to investigate.  I think Sonia was surprised when Steph met Dee as she was hoping it wasn't really her and Steph would call Dee out about it but it was the exact opposite.  I'm not sure what the deal is with Dee.  There's definitely something going on but I'll reserve judgement for now.  What I do find very interesting at the moment is that we have three pairs of people who could potentially cause infidelity.  We have Toadie bonding with Dee over the past - Surely they are still married and Toadie and Sonia aren't (Although why hasn't that been mentioned?).  Then we have Sonia getting closer with Mark over the pregnancy.  And finally we have Steph and Victoria.  I actually feel there's real chemistry there and seems as though Steph is having to fight her feelings every time they get close.

So it seems as though Mr Udagawa is being shipped off to Switzerland.  Shame as I actually didn't mind him and like the way he commanded authority over Terese.  When he introduced his successor as his sister I initially thought it was his babysitter.:P  I enjoyed Terese and Paul when they were at loggerheads and I'm enjoying now that they've joined forces against Leo.  I always liked seeing which party has in store for the other.  I found it really funny when Gary took Leo's wombat and he thought it was Paul initially.  Although I loved the way he's getting his own back by having Piper and Tyler stay together at the Youth hostel.  Terese is obviously going to hit the roof.

Best line of the week:

Aaron:"I could have sworn Dave was on my team."

Amy:"We both know your gaydar broke a long time ago."

If the return of Dee is a sucess I have a feeling we see more past characters make a trip back to Ramsey Street depends what the actor doing?

This week of Neighbours has been good. 

I'm glad Ben & Xanthe got back together. If two teenagers can bury the hatchet why can't the adults? Ben & Xanthe surely could show the adults a thing or too.

Dee not being Dee. I really wanted it to be her. Of course it was going to be too good to be true

I just wish that Therese & Brad would let Tyler & Piper be together 

5 hours ago, dncllpyk said:

This week of Neighbours has been good. 

I'm glad Ben & Xanthe got back together. If two teenagers can bury the hatchet why can't the adults? Ben & Xanthe surely could show the adults a thing or too.

Dee not being Dee. I really wanted it to be her. Of course it was going to be too good to be true

I just wish that Therese & Brad would let Tyler & Piper be together 

Yes I have to agree with you. That's the issue of bring people back It always ends not the way the fans would like. a lesson for others who like to see people back.

Mixed feelings about this storyline with Dee.  Sonia seems like she's on a permanent mission to save everyone to the point where she's neglected her own whole marriage.  I don't like the way she was so determined to go ahead with the surrogacy despite reservations from Steph and Toadie so because she believes Willow is really Toadie's daughter, part of me is really enjoying seeing her whole world turned upside down.  On the other hand Toadie really is a good person and doesn't deserved to be deceived like this and tricked into thinking that he has a lovely daughter only to inevitably have her taken away from him.  It's a shame as Willow is obviously a good kid.

Steph's relationship is in trouble.  Mainly because of the surrogacy but I can't help think that would she have developed feelings for Victoria anyway because there's a certain part of her that's always going to be attracted to women?  What exactly is the deal with Victoria and Mark's Boss?  Presumably they were together but not anymore because Victoria was online dating.  And is Josie their adopted daughter and they share custody or is she just the daughter of one of them (again presumably Mark's boss)?

Sheila continues to remind me why I can't stand her.  I'm normally against Susan because of her self-righteous nature but I was firmly on her side when she had the argument with Sheila re Ben/Xanthe and the dodge ball competition.  And I was glad when Susan sprayed her with the hose pipe.  Sheila always comes across as a bitter old woman with very few redeeming qualities.

The Paige Pregnency Storyline is really bad. I Think Home and Away did a better one with Billie. I mean this whole lying about Jack being the father. And that Doctor guy being the fake daddy. It's just stupid and pointless, I mean DNA tests later down the track well show Jacks the father. Karl well prob find out. Just seems silly too me. IT's not like Paige has any reason to not want Jack to be the father. I mean it is not like she was sexually assaulted or anything, ahem. 

The Dee Storyline, while I can understand people being frustrated. IT is not really realistic, that Dee after all these years would return from the death. So yeah too good to be true. I am enjoying the storyline. Who knows maybe the real Dee is out their. But for now this Andrea imposter is what is the purpose? She is trying to scam a guy, who beleives she is his Dead Wife? I mean why Toadie? Does Andrea have a prior relationship with Toadie and Dee? Just a bit confused with this storyline. 

I really enjoy Tyler and Piper. And find Terrese And Brad generally hypocritical to the whole thing. The way Brad cheated on Terese with Lauren. The way he acted when he was Piper's same age. Seems a bit rich for him to act like all high in mighty. And talk about maturity. In any case, he is just pushing them together. So is Terese. 

• 2 weeks later...
On Tuesday, February 07, 2017 at 9:43 AM, Luke39 said:

The Paige Pregnency Storyline is really bad. I Think Home and Away did a better one with Billie. I mean this whole lying about Jack being the father. And that Doctor guy being the fake daddy. It's just stupid and pointless, I mean DNA tests later down the track well show Jacks the father. Karl well prob find out. Just seems silly too me. IT's not like Paige has any reason to not want Jack to be the father. I mean it is not like she was sexually assaulted or anything, ahem. 

It will be kind of obvious the baby isnt Davids when it is born and is not Asian. Hopefully the truth will come out before the baby is born though

Archived