Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Wow what an episode! Had to make some notes on my phone as i was going along as there was a few points I wanted to raise. A lot of it concerns Amanda and Robbie.

First, what on earth is up with Robbie's hair. He came back from the city lookig a total joke. I can't seem to take him seriously like this and hope by the time he gets a decent storyline that it may look a little more credible. (On a different note Mo in eastenders too...is this the year of crazy hair and nobody told me?)

I'm also finding it slightly weird that Robbie is living with Amanda. I thought that i would get used to it but it just seems wrong for a pupil and a teacher to be living together even if they're not in a relationship. Something just doesnt seem right there.

As for Ryan and Amanda I agree that the boy who plays Ryan is far more outstanding that Amanda in most scenes. I really liked the episode the other day when he said to her The boys at school call you a tart." It was powerful coming from a child that age! I also feel that the dog scene was good yesterday as it really showed the lengths that Amanda woulod go to, to protect Ryan-although she doesnt show it on a day to day basis. I also cannot wait for Scott to find out she isn't pregnant!

Finally this brings me on to the bigger storyline of the episode Irene/Corey. A great performance by both actors particularly when Irene had to be sedated. As Frankie said above i found this a very powerful and heart wrenching scene! The look particularly on her face was very well acted and i think Lynne should be given more opportunity to show off her acting abilities. I also feel that perhaps it would have been more likely that Irene would have been believed by Hayley and others when she claimed to being poisoned both by Corey and by everyone. They knew she hadn't been taking her medicine and despite her being ill should there not have still been some doubt.

Corey this episode was also superb. I didn't understand the need to shoot the dog...but clearly this is the difference between my mind and a psychopaths mind. (Well on some days anyway!) I also felt that elements of his story about his parents were not true. Particularly that of his mum but am still not sure how this links into the whole Irene thing. I also found him telling Irene that he was poisoning her pure evil. I feel he was taking a big gamble with nobody believing her there, because after all he has only been known for a few weeks. I also think that Jack gets a raw deal on these boards. If he didn't do the checking up, then Corey is likely to drive Irene crazy! Surely he deserves some credit?

Liam

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Corey and Irene storyline is keeping me hooked, I'm finding myself at the edge of my seat at all times! I was just screaming at Jack to believe Irene and move his butt to catch Corey.

I feel so sorry for Irene to know your completly sane and everyone thinks your one egg short of a picnic basket must be so annoying.

Hayley I feel for too, seeing someone who she loves, and who took care of her and her brothers must be so heartbreaking for her, but why hasn't she called Will or Nick to tell them and see what they think, as they were close to Irene, especially Will. I think they would want to know.

But the idea is that Irene will accept them if she doesn't know they're from Corey, I think Barry is going to give them to her...she trusts everyone else now she knows it's Corey doesn't she?

I loved Jack in yesterday's episode I was like 'Yeh! Go Jack!' at the end!

I agree about Robbie's hair you just want to say "Really?!Why?" to him!

Archived