Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Ash has been asked, then told by Kat to cut ties with Tori, though awkward if he has to see her regarding Luc, trouble with Ash is he is the friendly sort and either doesn't see how it is with Tori or is hoping if he ignores it long enough it'll go away. I get it's not easy to completely avoid someone in  a small town, even Kat has to acknowledge that, like when Ash ran into Tori on the beach so I suppose from now on they just ignore each other? No harm in Ash 'liking' Tori, if that is all it is, but his continuing to 'see' her as in having coffees together could be seen as giving her false hope. Her going to the city for a few days may give her some breathing space. 

It wasn't quite the same when Kat turned on Ash when she brushed him off to talk to Robbo, as it was work, and said 'now you know how it feels', as far as we know Robbo hasn't got a crush on Kat, he's just grateful she's been helping him, unless I'm missing something which could, due to developments later, be the case but for reasons we don't know yet.  Ash did start the shoving but Robbo did give as good as he got.  Odd that Robbo's rather distinctive tat didn't show up, I'm guessing the police - or just Kat in this case - have checked for a military background? It would explain the fact he could survive in the wild, by building the shelter and lying low as he was.  What was the point of Kat dragging Ash into the office to have a 'private' talk then having a heated argument which Robbo couldn't but overhear?  Robbo hasn't,  apart from his altercation with Ash, hasn't caused any trouble at the park and he didn't hurt anyone else other than knocking Alf out, he was hiding from them. If his amnesia is genuine it must be very frustrating not knowing anything about yourself.  The site at the cove was pretty undisturbed because as Kat said the police were more concerned about finding Robbo than searching through his belongings.  May not be relevant but was that a recent photo of Kat, either way it naturally shocked her, but she kept her cool, hopefully Scarlett can do the same until they get back to the bay.

It was glossed over/forgotten how Claire managed to find out exactly where Wally had been visiting, yes I know Irene wasn't there when she first arrived.  Irene did nearly blow it when she waltzed in because she like Hunter thought Claire knew about Hunter. In retrospect Leah could have handled it better but being accused of being someone's mistress would tend to put common sense on  a back burner.  Plus the fact he'd denied Hunter was his son in front of him which would have hurt.  To Hunter it being blurted out like that would seem to him to have wrecked any future relationship with Wally.  Olivia did very well,  talking him round and getting him to see it from Leah's point of view and that she was thinking of him and if Wally really cared about him, he'd be back and I liked he apologised to her. At least Wally did pitch up again and told more of his and Claire's history, it must have been hard for her always wanting a family and due to Wally not being able to, so he thought, has been denied it. Did they explore other ways to have children? I do think Hunter and Claire should have a proper meeting so he can put across his feelings, he is her step son now.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Justin really annoyed me when he had a go at Ash about not wanting to be friends with Tori.  Ash is actually in a pretty impossible position although admittedly it's partly his fault.  Tori fancies him.  Justin knows this.  Tori and Ash are good friends they and were spending quite a bit of time together.  Kat has every right to feel concerned or uncomfortable because Tori doesn't just see this as a friendship.  I would be surprised if she hopes that something doesn't happen further down the line.  How would Justin feel if he was in Ash's position or even Kat's for that matter?  Even when Tori tried to reassure Kat that she wasn't after Ash, it felt like she was trying to guilt trip her slightly and I'm glad Kat wasn't buying it.  And then when Tori spoke to Ash and he said he still wanted to be friends and Tori said she was hoping it would happen (soon I imagine) she obviously doesn't respect Kat's wishes of her wanting to steer clear of Ash and vice versa.  It's clear that she's ignoring the advice Leah gave her last week and still doesn't see why she shouldn't be friends with him at the moment.  I gave her the benefit of the doubt before because of her naivety when it comes to relationships but I really don't like how she's being made to look blameless because she's a nice person and Mason is in hospital.

I don't think Kat should have been present during the polygraph especially considering a couple of the questions were related to her and given she had a personal vested interest in finding out if Robbo's telling the truth.  Even if he was telling the truth they are not 100% accurate and can still be fooled - Basic Instinct.  I do think Kat's made the right decision handing the case over the someone else and she's right to avoid Robbo at least until they find out the truth about him.

I did find it quite funny when Leah and Roo were having a conversation about Leah being single and those guys overheard and all of them said they found her attractive.  As if they would have a conversation like that right in front of customers.  Regardless I did actually quite like Nick and thought it was very bold of him to ask her out like that.  Shame Leah declined but I think she's probably right.  Perhaps time away from men is a good thing for her right now.

So Scarlett goes to kiss Justin and he pulls away, they were about to have sex then he calls her by his ex girlfriend name, she decides to seize the day and go after him and he's copping off with an attractive woman.  Oh dear...

Justin's really stuck in the middle wants to keep Kat happy by staying away from Tori, but has now upset his mate because he's upset Tori, best mate's sister, he can't win.  Ash does know Tori fancies him even though she keeps protesting she just wants to be friends. Her break in the city will, hopefully, help. 

Either Robbo is a very good actor or is genuine, he seemed very let down that Kat didn't trust any more, but she did male the right decision about handing the case over to another cop.  We'll ignore for now the fact he's been given a bad guys name as in ending in o.:wink: Oddly out of the two Scarlett held it together better than Kat when the three of them back from the cove.

Obviously Roo was wrong about it being time for Leah to move on, she's not as over Zac as she thought or is letting other people think, good she let Nick down gently, he'd been through a break up so understood.

I don't think Justin knows what he does want, one moment he's ready to move on with Scarlett, then backs off, then flirts like mad with her, no wonder she (and Alf) are confused. I think he just, for now, is looking for something not too heavy which it would be with Scarlett.  The way she left Salt leaving Justin with the impression they were just friends there was nothing stopping him mixing business with pleasure with Kath.  Scarlett after her talk with Leah decides to tell Justin how she really feels only to walk in and see him snogging Kath. Tori then, completely innocently drops him in it by assuming he'd spent the night with her.  He is single and Scarlett can't complain if he cops off with someone else.  What did annoy me and always does be it man or woman was when he said 'it meant nothing' to me that is an insult to the other person involved, they have feelings too.

I liked the way Raffy called Jen a stupid cow when she was starting on Coco.  That girl doesn't take s*** off anyone.  Interestingly just before Roo paired Coco and Jennifer in class one of the students was called Isabella Luca.  I was cheering when after Jennifer started on Coco yet again, Coco followed her out to the beach and attacked her.  Good!  She's been making her life hell, constantly making fun of her and belittling her at every opportunity.  Coco has turned the other check and tried to ignore her and Jennifer hasn't stopped so I fully supported her there.  I was actually enjoying her seeing her go for Jennifer like that and hearing Jennifer squirm.  My only regret was that Maggie saw and broke it up else Coco would have kicked her head in.  I was actually very surprised none of the other girls jumped in to Jennifer's defense, especially when she was losing.  Coco was actually pretty brave in that situation as she was vastly outnumbered and if the other girls had decided to get involved and Maggie hadn't been there should could have gotten badly beaten up.  Maybe if that had been a group of guys it could have been different.  I don't think Coco was thinking about that though.  She was obviously just so fed up with the situation.

The way Maggie talks is still annoying me.  I didn't realise Nick is Jennifer's father.  I actually didn't like the way Maggie spoke to him when they were trying to discuss the fight with Coco.  But she is arrogant and fairly up herself so it's hardly surprising.  I was actually glad Ben pointed out to her she did the wrong thing as a mother even though I respect she was trying to be professional about it.  I do find when I watch her being nice i.e. the way she was with Coco after Ben discussed the situation with Jen she doesn't seem nice.  It just feels to me to be very conceited.

The scene with Tori and Scarlett in the Diner when Tori started teasing her about spending the night with Justin, Scarlett told her it wasn't her and Tori's awkward reaction when she realised she put her foot in it was hilarious.  Tori is really quite funny when she like that (Kind of like the way she was when Kat was confiding in her about the first time she slept with Ash when they got back together).  I also found the scene afterwards with Justin quite funny too when Tori told him about it.  Just a shame Mason had to ruin it.  I didn't have much sympathy when he fell over and I was glad Tori had a go at him.  I don't find him a very interesting character and am struggling with this particular storyline.  I would be quite happy if they shipped him off to the city to have his treatment there so we didn't have to see or hear him.

Alf annoyed me the way he spoke to Brody when he arrived back in the bay and I also didn't like the way he was eavesdropping with his conversation with Justin but it was a good idea getting him to talk to Irene as it worked out pretty well for him.  I actually really liked the way Irene was with him.  I think him staying there will be a good thing.

So on her first day Ziggy takes a customer's car out for a joyride.  Great.  I know she is good with motors but I don't think it matters that she found out what was wrong with it.  Ash mentioned in the episode she wasn't insured.  What if she had hit someone?  Ash and Justin could land in serious financial trouble.

I'm surprised Zannis is still around.  I would have thought he would be halfway to Timbuktu by now.

I agree about Alf’s not so warm welcome back to Brody and although it’s a shame we didn’t get to see Irene tell Brody her back story to help newer viewers and give Lynne McGranger some decent material to deliver, it’s great that they are using that. I also like the way that Irene almost mirrors Ailsa, whereas once upon a time everyone knew about her past, she’s known more for who she’s become, the long term residents clearly don’t bring it up unless they need to (Sally with Shauna & Harry about Ailsa)

Tori was right in calling Mason an idiot he should have known better but as I've said before it's a well known fact doctors - and nurses - make the worse patients, they don't take the advice they give to patients in the same position, they think they know better. He has regained use of his hands so hopefully this time he'll listen to Tori and the other doctors. I wasn't happy about Justin pressuring him to forgive Brody, he needs to come to that decision in his own time and Justin emotionally blackmailing him by revealing Brody saw their parents die which is why he eventually turned to drugs was laying it on a tad. Brody needed to see Mason and apologise for his own peace of mind which he has now done. 

Wow I never would have Coco down as being aggressive, Ziggy yes, but not Coco, Jenny just pushed too many buttons, and it  took Jenny by surprise and I spotted her 'mates' just stood there.  Well to be truthful they aren't her true friends they just tag along as part of her gang. Maggie came along just at the right time, it could have got very messy.  They may well have been off school property but they were wearing their uniforms so like anywhere were bringing the school into disrepute.  Jenny and Coco may hate each other, but both followed the unspoken rule as neither of them dubbed the other in.  Maggie had no choice but to suspend both of them, she couldn't and shouldn't show favouritism, she had to punish them equally, she gave them both plenty of opportunities to own up.  Trouble with being a teacher/principal at the school your child is, you have to put being a teacher/principal at school over being a parent, would cause all sorts of problems if you don't.  Zac had that problem, as did Gina.  Coco did acknowledge she had to do what she had to do.  I liked Coco told Ben Jenny was bullying her and that Maggie despite  her initial instinct to tackle Jenny backed off, it would make it worse.  Ziggy was impressed with Coco taking action against Jenny, she was trying to be supportive but didn't stop Coco dashing off to the loo and making herself sick.

I didn't make the connection between Nick being Jenny's dad, not a very caring dad, who obviously has custody of her. He seemed more bothered about being called down to the school and missing a meeting than his daughter being in a fight. It's not excusing Jenny's bullying Coco but once again shows a bully is usually a bully  because of trouble at home. Maggie was absolutely right in calling him out for calling her Maggie, to him and any other parent she is Mrs. Astoni and it was on her domain and was totally unprofessional on his behalf.  He wouldn't like it if she went into his place of work and called him Nick! 

Paperwork isn't Ziggy's forte then, neither is it Justin and Ash's!  Surely Ash could have listened  to her  and supervised her working on that customer's car?  It was extremely foolish for her to take the car, hitting someone would have been the worst scenario, she could have crashed it and Justin and Ash would have been liable. 

Brody seems to have quite a few restrictions on him - staying away from people and places that may put pressure on him  like Salt, home & Ziggy.   Was Alf being ironic when he mentioned to Brody  keeping his nose clean?:wink:  Nothing unusual about Alf overhearing Justin and Brody talking in the Diner, happens all the time.  It was a great idea of his to get Brody talking to Irene, loved him 'ordering' Brody to go with him! it's kind of public knowledge she's a recovering alcoholic, those who do know just don't feel the need to talk about it all the time. It's only someone who is the same place that can understand, he's a newbie at it so Irene's experience will be invaluable and that however long you have been on the wagon you can still fall off.  She's got room at the beach house and it's just what he needs, hope he gets to see Raffy though. 

Ziggy had her head screwed on when Zannis enquired about her looking for Brody, cracking on he was just a friend. Is Zannis wearing some kind of invisibility cloak that changes his appearance as he seems to be able to wander about the bay with impunity?  He's sitting around in full view of the public and no-one challenges him. :unsure:  Of course one of his heavies grabs her tonight!

20 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Nothing unusual about Alf overhearing Justin and Brody talking in the Diner, happens all the time.

I never said it was unusual or that it doesn't happen but that I didn't like it.

I had to laugh at Hunter the pyromaniac suggesting that Irene lock her doors re Brody.  It was also funny after Wally tried to pay him off, he was discussing it with Olivia and VJ, VJ told him to just take the money and Olivia told VJ off for suggesting it.

I find it interesting given how Brody was almost obsessively contacting Ziggy before (when he was suffering from withdrawal) she is now doing the same thing to him.  The way Ben spoke to Brody and then banned Ziggy from seeing him just reaffirms why I dislike him so much.  Has to always be in control.  If he thought badly of Brody now it's going to be worse now that Ziggy has been kidnapped by Zannis.

Roo's attitude towards the Astoni's continues to annoy me.  I don't like the way she seems to endorse their plans and is not having her dad's back.  She should be showing more loyalty or at the very least not saying anything publicly if she disagrees with Alf's stance.  But to her everything they do seems to be nice.  Perhaps she's trying to secure her teachers job.  I'm also disappointed that Leah seems to have completely given up the fight as well.  Hopefully the council will block Ben's bid.  Ziggy mentioned to Brody later on in that episode that he'd gone to work although I can't remember what he does.

So what seems to be suggested here is that Raffy is extremely gifted, well certainly when it comes to mathematics.  I'm guessing it will probably be other subjects as well.  Although I shouldn't be surprised as she always struck me as being quite bright.

I am disappointed that everyone seems  to have caved very quickly to the Astonis when it comes to the renovations. The one time I want Leah's fight instinct to kick in, and she seems to be accepting of their plans.And Roo seems more concerned re; not jeopardising her teaching career, rather than backing her father. I just find Maggie and  Ben so up themselves and smug that I don't want them to have it so easy. Especially when they don't seem to give two hoots re the inhabitants of the bay.

I liked Irene advising Brody. Hunter annoyed me re: his comments about locking doors around Brody. How soon he forgets how many chances people gave him for far worse crimes. This Wally story is incredibly dull and i hope this is the end of it. Please give VJ and Olivia more to do other than be Hunter's counsellors.

The Tori/Ash/Kat love triangle is incredibly dull. I am tired of Tori playing the blameless victim here. Yes, we know she is naive and inexperienced when it comes to relationships. But after a hundred of conversations about the same topic, I don't know how she can't see why Kat may have a problem with her spending so much time with Ash (or why if she has feelings for Ash, she is doing herself no favours by hanging around him like a puppy dog). At least Scarlett was a lot quicker to realise the dangers of trying to be friends with someone you have romantic feelings for. For her own sake, as well as Kat's, Tori should have been keeping her distance weeks ago. Maybe she might find it easier if she actually had some friends other than her brothers. 

Ziggy irritates me. She wants to be treated as an adult, while continually acting like a petulant child. While I understand she was frustrated with the job, she was not justified in taking someone else's car out even if she was right about the car. Similarly, her way of dealing with Ben re the Brody thing. Brody's idea of trying to get Ben to get to know him better was the more mature solution to the problem (even if Ben might not have been willing to give Brody ago). I find her behaviour highlights the age difference between the two characters (even though physically the age difference is not so apparent). But then I am still hoping for a Scarlett/Brodie pairing - I think they are both too good for the people they currently being paired with. 

Raffy is a pretty incredible character. Way more secure and poised that a teenager of her age tends to be. And now we find that she is academically gifted. I am glad that taking her out of the Morgan house has given her more storylines. 

Ben hasn't learnt the lesson that banning your child from seeing someone who they think is unsuitable never works, they'll just see them behind your back, though Brody wants to play it straight.  Didn't like the way Ben told him to butt out when he was just agreeing with him and said Ziggy should go with her dad. I suppose Ben is just going on with what happened with Jarred.  Brody did finally explain to Ziggy why he was ignore ng her, him not wanting her to be a substitute for drugs  which she accepted.  Btw I noticed Irene called Brody a kid again!

Agree there Slade Ben will blame Brody for Zannis snatching her, though Brody will do enough of that himself.  Has Zannis - or a crony - been keeping tabs on Ziggy and Brody to work out they are more than just friends?

Even Alf who was so against any changes/improvements, seems to be softening.

Neither Hunter or Olivia have a problem with Irene being around Luc but then Brody has only just come out of rehab, two weeks if I heard Ben right so needs to prove himself.  Must be some place if that is all it took.

Wally (or his wife) must be pretty loaded if they can write out a cheque for $50,000 just like that. It was  a pay off - it would be a  very tempting for anyone let alone a 18 year old. Wally does need to stop lying to Hunter. Maybe if Wally and Claire had been able to have a child of their own it wouldn't be so much like rubbing salt in the wound for Claire.  Didn't VJ accept that cheque from his grandparents knowing he wasn't Luc's dad? That might explain why he said Hunter should take the money.

Raffy is a bright kid, though it took the Morgan's a while to realise that,  on many levels both in life and now academically - amazing she has kept so level headed especially after all she has been through.

The conversation with Kat and Tori at the beginning felt very awkward.  I'd imagine Tori feels quite uncomfortable within Kat's presence .  Knowing that Kat doesn't want her anywhere near Ash.  Although to be fair I do think Kat was trying to make some sort of effort to be civil.

I'm actually impressed Ziggy refused to give Zannis and his henchman access to her phone for as long as she did.  She must really like Brody.  So it wasn't a case of Zannis wanting payback so badly he forfeited his escape plans.  He actually couldn't get away so wanted to punish Brody for that.

I knew there was a reason I liked Nick.  It was actually really good seeing Maggie and Ben saying how excited they were about the redevelopments only for someone to put a spanner in the works.  In saying that the way Ben drove round to Alf's place to confront him just reaffirmed why I can't stand the guy (even though Alf can be quite heavy handed when he talks to people sometimes).  He's a very aggressive individual and has anger management issues.  If I was in Alf's position I would have told him to get off my property.  And no way would I have helped him find out who put in an application to preserve part of the peer.

So I assume Marilyn generally being a busy body as usual and sticking her nose into Robbo's life trying to help Robbo is her compensating for not being able to adopt.  Although all that seems to have done is indirectly got him into more trouble with the police.  John should not have let him drive his truck.  No without knowing how good a driver he is.  I assume the insurance John has on his truck covers anyone to drive it.

So Justin sleeping with Felicity swung the deal for Salt eh.

Archived