Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

On ‎01‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:09 PM, pembie said:

Tori has a crush on Ash because of the time she's been spending with him What five minutes surfing :lol:

No, the time she's been spending with him looking after Luc.

So good to know she's making a recovery, how apt she started crying when the adults were outside rowing!:D   That will be something Ash, Kat, Leah, VJ and Irene will have to get their heads round and not panic about that when she cries crying it won't be because the problem has flared up again.  It'll be because she's hungry, needs changing or wants a cuddle. That was one bombshell Ash dropped on Kat and even if she had been more on board, it was still a shock, no discussion, just 'this is what we are doing'. If that really is the only way to protect Luc from Mick, I think he (or rather he did) have  a better chance than VJ, in the eyes of the law as her actual blood relative.  Of course his prison record may go against him and it'll be even more rockier if he and Kat split up. Quite  a turn round for Leah to be supporting Ash, but I think she's seen how calmer and less stressed VJ has  been since Ash & Kat have had her.  It's been a learning curve for all of them and Ash has been doing a good job, as for the fact if Kat dumps him or he her, lots of single parents cope, Leah did, not as if there isn't a back up system for him.  I'm not sure who Kat was trying to convince more, Leah or herself when she was  saying she loves Luc but needed a bit more time to take it in.

Tori is in a  bit of a bind, her lusting over (sorry having a crush on) Ash when he was 'safe' is one thing, but as it's looking  like he will soon be on his own which complicates things to say the least. Not only that but both of them are confiding in her and Kat is a friend.  All she can do is listen and sympathise while not saying anything negative about the other one, as that always gets back to them, break up or not.

Having a  new family dropped on us all at once rather than one by one was a bit of a shock!  Relief to discover Ziggy isn't a junkie just your average wild 19 year! Jared is obviously her not so suitable boyfriend. Ziggy (mum/dad fans of (Ziggy) Stardust, as for CoCo - don't forget Chanel Red!  Obligatory one blonde, one brunette daughter.  How old is CoCo supposed to be 15/16, looks older. Ben - dad - said he'd been a surfer dude, must have been a while ago going by VJ's comments and I clocked coCo giving him the once over.  Mum is a teacher, Ben is a builder, how handy seeing as he busted that water pipe. All on their way to gran's from the city, just stopped off in the bay on  a detour and broke down at the beach.   They all must have missed the huge Welcome to Summer Bay sign that is at each end of the place  as Ben had to ask Alf where they were!!!!  Maybe they should give Mr. BoJangles his own place - OK he got into the van when the door was open, but he can open a cupboard door all by himself  clever poss!  Ziggy and Brody bump into each other again, definitely a spark there.   Mind you, she's not that bright she decides to steal money by the not very clever ploy of knocking Kat's purse on the floor, just as well Raffy who is bright spotted her and knew what she was up to, maybe something Hope used to do?   The smirk was soon wiped off Ziggy's face when Kat flashed her badge, I think those tears, when she was on her own, were genuine, soon dried them when mum, dad and little sis turned up wanting to preserve the tough girl image.

Good to see after his initial wobble Brody  returned to NA and this time stood up and made the 'my name is.... and I'm an addict' speech. One thing confiding in family and friends, but a room full of strangers is a whole different thing so well done him and they, unlike Tori, Mason and Justin, do know what he is going through.

Doesn't appear John has gone back to see Bailey seeing as he was still all on edge and distant with Marilyn.  Wise old Alf got it right again by telling Marilyn she needed to apply tough love which against her usual instincts is what she did. John certainly did let it all out all that anger about his dad doing what he did, leaving him and his mum to cope alone, wondering why he did it and never being able to find out why - which of course he now is. It did do him a lot of good.  Bede turned up in response to a phone call from Marilyn - handy eh?  That case brought back some memories for John, his 'oh my' when he opened it made me think it didn't seem as if it was the first time he'd seen it. Then that letter addressed to Edna & John, that seemed never to have been touched since his dad put in there, too painful for his mum to open the case?  It's clear, to me at least, it explains why George did what he did which I still think is that he had an incurable illness and didn't want his family to have to see him die in pain. Hopefully we'll find out today and John will be able to move on in a more peaceful frame of mind. 

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be biased but I think VJ would have been in a good position to adopt Luc as the mother's partner who'd lived with her for a good chunk of the pregnancy, brought her up with Billie for a short time and been the primary carer since her death.But Ash blew all that apart by breaking up the family and seems to be in a far more temporary position: In normal circumstances, a biological father would trump an uncle every time, and even though Mick's record isn't great, Ash's isn't spotless either.And I also don't think Ziggy's a particularly convincing 19-year-old: She looks like she's in her 20s and acts like she's about 14.

Given that Justin initially made Brody move out because he didn't trust him around Ava, it took him a long time to twig that he couldn't really have her stay with them.I was a bit confused by the set-up: If Nina and Brian have gone to look after her mother, you'd expect them to be gone a while but it seems like it's only going to be one night. Anyway, it gave us a few more hints about Scarlett: Impossible to tell the gender of that child from the voice, but the credits and her reaction to the name Max suggest it's a boy.Is that whose photo she's got in the locket (as the promo reminds us)?

Once again, I'm kind of pleased that the show is willing to drop the Saint Hunter illusion every now and then and remind us just what a screwed-up jerk he is.Of course, there's no point telling Alf and Irene, who are convinced the sun shines out of his backside: He could mow down half the town with a machine gun and they'd still be going "Oh, he's had such a tough time, he's such a lovely boy deep down." Of course while they're taking him on as their latest project, it's poor Mason who's left babysitting the little psycho, which went as well as expected and no doubt he'll get the blame.Hunter throwing tantrums because Zac isn't giving him enough attention: Nothing's changed.

And John finally gets the answers he needed: Good call, H&Alover! Motor neuron disease is a tough thing to have to deal with even in this day and age, 40-odd years ago when there was less support around it would have been torture.Not sure if being able to remember that day will bring John much comfort but I guess it's a sign that he's finally free of the fear and shame.

19 hours ago, pembie said:

But Tori is a doctor must look after a load of people Is she in love with them all? :lol:

Shouldn't really need to say this but she doesn't know all of them!

We are all aware of VJ's strong connection to Luc but in the eyes of the law, Ash is her nearest blood relative, can't remember, but I don't think so, that VJ's name isn't on Luc's birth certificate so once again in the eyes of the law he hasn't a legal claim on her. Ash isn't a serial rapist like Mick which is my eyes is a big no-no for him getting any chance of access.  Ash did do time, but only because Dean dropped him in  it.

I was wondering about the Brody/Ava thing, did :lol: at  three separate people asking Justin if the family had kicked him out, one being Ava! Good luck with the 'Brody mustn't find out she's here'. Isn't Brods going to wonder why Justin has moved out to the caravan park, he may be a recovering addict but he's not stupid. I can see why Justin, Mason and Tori thought it would be a good idea in case he relapsed, she overheard them talking about his addiction/NA and then she let it slip to Nina, but why not be upfront with Brody?:unsure:  Btw didn't they all juggle their jobs about so someone would always be there for Brody, so how come then when Tori came home the other day Brody was home alone? Oh wait Buddy was on Brody watch!:P

Scarlett can think on her feet, when Justin said she got on well with kids, meaning Ava, she covered by saying she had nieces and nephews, I thought that voice sounded like a girl (Max could be short for Maxine).  Clearly Justin saying he'd been out of Ava's life for a time resonated with her and her position. They have more in common than they know, Justin being separated from Ava due to WP and her being separated from her child because she is in hiding. Ava is a smart cookie picking up on the attraction and there is one, between Scarlett and her dad, but it seems Justin jumps to conclusions and puts his foot in it.

Yes Hunter is screwed up, I don't think anyone has totally forgotten that, Irene hasn't - hence her asking Alf t keep an eye out for him and to keep him occupied, nor has Olivia. Zac isn't helping you can't really 'talk' on email, voice to voice is much better.  I think to me it would sound like Zac was letting go.  I'm no psychologist but I think his wanting Mason to hit him is  he is hoping the physical pain will stop the emotional pain. Don't want to keep banging on about it, but Hunter was lied to for 16 years that his dad didn't want to know him, he finally met him and with more ups and downs than a lift got to know each other and become father and son.  Now he finds out it was all a lie, unless you have been there you can't say how you would react.  It's going to be a hard job trying to find his actual biological father, was Zac's name on his birth certificate? 

Gosh that was sad about George.:cryingsmiley:  I imagine he would have been a fit, healthy man, needed to have been running a farm and proud. The same thought occurred to me Red, the help that is available now for motor neurone disease sufferers wouldn't have been then back in the late 60's, especially in rural Australia,  the medical profession know so much more about it now too. I know John said to Marilyn he and his mum would have looked after him, but that is exactly what George didn't want, he would have known it would have been a long and painful death for them all. He loved them enough not to want to put them through it, so sad his mum couldn't find the strength to open that letter, it would have saved her so much pain and feelings of guilt, John would have been able to remember his dad and who knows maybe he wouldn't have set those fires. I think it did help John to remember that day, sad and traumatic as it was. Just me but I think he and Marilyn should pay a return visit to the old family home to say a final farewell to George.

I feel the need to point out again that the mediator said that, since he was living with Billie at the time Luc was born, VJ did have legal parental rights.So I still think he'd have been in a strong position to adopt her if Ash had left well alone.I couldn't say for sure he'd have more chance than Ash, but I certainly think it's possible.

Alf's episode count this week: Five, for the second week running.

So, again, Alf thinks that Hunter deserves a free ride but leaves poor Mason to actually deal with the idiot.I found it very hard to have sympathy for him here and he's very lucky that once again Mason shows that he's the better person.Not sure what to make of the love-in that followed, Mason's awkward attempt to be comforting on the beach felt more in keeping.But I do kind of wish Hunter had done us all a favour and gone to Vietnam with Zac instead of sticking around whining.Olivia was back to being a bit annoying and pushy, thinking that the most important thing is that Hunter has to tell her everything.

Raffy working in the Diner was a bit jarring, are they trying to find something for her to do?(Also...why was she at the Morgan house at the start of the episode?Did she need to get her beach gear?There would have been less chance of running into Brody if Justin had picked her up from the Diner flat, where I think she's still supposed to be living.)As soon as Mason told Brody to go and find Scarlett, I had an inkling that she'd be the one to let slip about Ava being around.The showdown between Justin and Brody that followed was, thankfully, a lot less aggressive than the promos suggested.Loved Brody's simple resignation on seeing Kate again.

John and Marilyn giving the photo of him with his father pride of place was a nice coda to the journey but it would have been good for it to have happened in an episode where they appeared more.

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I feel the need to point out again that the mediator said that, since he was living with Billie at the time Luc was born, VJ did have legal parental rights.So I still think he'd have been in a strong position to adopt her if Ash had left well alone.I couldn't say for sure he'd have more chance than Ash, but I certainly think it's possible.

Alf's episode count this week: Five, for the second week running.

So, again, Alf thinks that Hunter deserves a free ride but leaves poor Mason to actually deal with the idiot.I found it very hard to have sympathy for him here and he's very lucky that once again Mason shows that he's the better person.Not sure what to make of the love-in that followed, Mason's awkward attempt to be comforting on the beach felt more in keeping.But I do kind of wish Hunter had done us all a favour and gone to Vietnam with Zac instead of sticking around whining.Olivia was back to being a bit annoying and pushy, thinking that the most important thing is that Hunter has to tell her everything.

Raffy working in the Diner was a bit jarring, are they trying to find something for her to do?(Also...why was she at the Morgan house at the start of the episode?Did she need to get her beach gear?There would have been less chance of running into Brody if Justin had picked her up from the Diner flat, where I think she's still supposed to be living.)As soon as Mason told Brody to go and find Scarlett, I had an inkling that she'd be the one to let slip about Ava being around.The showdown between Justin and Brody that followed was, thankfully, a lot less aggressive than the promos suggested.Loved Brody's simple resignation on seeing Kate again.

John and Marilyn giving the photo of him with his father pride of place was a nice coda to the journey but it would have been good for it to have happened in an episode where they appeared more.

It's not like they've shoved her up a Chimney which was standard practice in 18whatever! :lol::lol::lol:

I suppose Ray feels like topping up those pension cheques.

S***, right now I'd be happy if Hunter found a scratcher on the beach, got $50k, went to Timbuktu and stayed there. Or made friends with an oncoming garbage truck. Either option would do.

Yeah, I'm feeling that the Palmers are getting short shrift. All in all, I reckon John's story should have been more dominant.

So Leah is continuing to support Tori with her "crush" over Ash.  I find this surprising as I said previously given what happened with Zac.  Even if she and Zac had finished and he got with someone straight afterwards she still wouldn't have been happy with that person especially if they were a friend (I'm assuming that Ash and Kat are going to break-up and something will happen with Tori - If it does I wonder if Kat will throw a drink over her like she did with Ricky).  I find Leah's support more surprising given what is happening with Mick wanting access to Luc and she has now joined forces with Ash to ensure he doesn't gain any access to his daughter. She was even talking about Ash and Kat adopting to Ash early on in Wednesday's episode so not sure why she hasn't thought of that.  I think perhaps Leah should maybe advise Tori to stay out of it but I appreciate Tori's in a difficult position because if she tells Kat or Ash she doesn't want to get involved it will arouse suspicion.

Despite the fact she's not bad to look at, I'm afraid it's hard to find anything to like about Ziggy.  She's a thief and doesn't seem particularly remorseful about her actions.  I let the incident with her car go (and her dad covering up for her) because I wanted to give her a chance but her whole attitude after Kat confronted her when Ziggy stole the money out of Kat's wallet from salt annoyed me.  I loved the part when Ziggy asked Kat what she was going to do when she confronted her and she pulled out her badge and Ziggy's face just dropped.  Even though Kat let Ziggy off pretty lightly (I'm not so sure she would if she knew about her taking that guys car the day before) I loved her stern attitude towards Ziggy's dad when she said to him "She's yours" and when he saw her the next day at the garage and he said he was leaving and Kat said "Don't let me hold you up".  I like Coco, am undecided about the mother and not too keen on the father if only for the way as Alf put it he allows Ziggy to wrap him around her little finger.  Assuming the new family are going to be around for a little while it will be interesting to see how the writers will keep them around given they are already living somewhere and Coco is going to school.

So John's dad had motor neuron disease.  That explains a lot.  I always think of Stephen Hawking when any reference is made to that.  They've been saying he's dying for over 40 years but he's now in his mid seventies although he's an exception rather than the norm.

Please no, not Justin.  Anyone but him.  I'd rather Scarlett got with Alf than got with Justin.  I did enjoy her reaction when Justin thought she liked him and tried to let her down gently.

It felt a bit weird with the stuff with Ava without Tori being there.

Find Hunter quite boring at times so was actually looking forward to seeing a bit of psycho Hunter.  Shame they had to ruin it by making him break down.  Found that scene cringeworthy.  I did like his chat with Irene on Thursday.  Good to see more of the Irene that I like.

I'm assuming the woman in the preview arguing with Hunter was his nan.

Archived