Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Hmm.Well, Scarlett seems to have Secrets (although we kind of already knew that) and Brody is fast burning bridges.Even Mason, who not so long ago was willing to throw Justin to the wolves for not being supportive enough, seems ready to think the worst of him.Actually, burning bridges isn't right: They'd all still take him back and try to help him if they could.Scarlett can't really blame herself for letting Brody stay: It was the Morgans' idea (Mason's mostly).Kat saying Brody would be charged if he is found is a bit odd given that Scarlett wasn't really interested in pressing charges.Is Brody a champion sprinter or is everyone else just really unfit?Justin, Mason, Kat and Stevenson all seemed just a few paces behind him but they gave up pretty much straightaway!(The show's habit of having them catch someone if the script says so and lose them for no obvious reason if it doesn't is starting to get a bit annoying.)

Given that the promo and early scenes promised us Sulky Psycho Hunter, he was actually pretty amiable for the most part.But Olivia really should have listened to VJ and just taken him to the gym to punch a bag instead of trying to interest him in scream therapy.VJ and Olivia spark off each other well again.I was pleased that he said he'll probably never be the same again because he shouldn't: I want this to continue to affect him rather than having a reset button.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If H&A went out in a seriously later slot, the scream therapy may have worked

"F**** YOU! AND YOUR LIES CHARLOTTE!" is more than what likely would have come out of Hunter's mouth while he hits the floor sobbing and crying rolling around while Veej and Olivia worry for (what's left) of his sanity...

I'm confused now which day we saw Leah get drunk at Salt, I thought it was Friday evening (which is when I view it).:unsure:  And the next drunk female making an appearance is Tori who it just happens has also broken up with her fella! That was such an awkward meeting between Nate, Justin, Leah, Tori and Alf, Tori having just ranted on about how much she 'hates' Nate.  At least he managed to get it all out in the open about he always came third, after Duncan, then Riley so good for him! It is usually the other way round and the woman complaining about not being no. 1.   I'm glad he and Tori got to say a proper goodbye before he rode off al la Liam, unless it was off screen Maz will be upset not being able to say goodbye to Dr. Nate.:( Good thinking on his feet there by Justin when Alf asked the question of how the Morgan's and Scarlet  all met, 'Oh through Brody'. Apparent, to me at least, that Alf has a soft spot for Scarlet - hence his offer later on - free caravan for her doing shifts in the bait shop. He does like a lady who (a) can fish and (b) knows their way round an engine. I don't think much of Scarlet's landlord, her neighbours told him Brody was a paying tenant when they had no proof and it seems he took them at their word without asking her about it. Brody did seem more upbeat which as everyone knew meant  ironically things weren't good.  I was wondering about that small packet of ice lasting that long, either he was rationing himself or he had bought more. He nearly had me fooled by his protests that it wasn't him that smashed up Scarlet's place, his 'I wouldn't do that to her', made me waver, but then he added 'I'm not a thief' and 'I'm not lying'. Um sorry mate yes you are and you have before - money from Salt, Raffy's necklace and the other lies about you were off the stuff. But despite all that they are still willing to help him and get him into rehab, but as Justin correctly pointed out like before he, Brody, has to want to be helped. I think it has been said before but that really was a dumb place for Scarlet to stick that lock box, I mean top of the wardrobe of all places!!!:rolleyes: The big question of course is where she got $10,000 which she is obviously living on.  It certainly boggled Kat's mind when Scarlet revealed how much there was. It was the theft of that locket which really, really upset her, there obviously some tragic story there.  I don't know what the police procedure is in Australia but wouldn't the locket that Brody left have had to be used as evidence and not just handed to Justin to give back to Scarlet?  I think it was Red that mentioned Justin was sitting the same side of the table as Kat last time Brody was asked questions, he did it this time too.  Maybe just me but when Scarlet barged into the interview I thought Bianca.

I know Olivia thought she was trying to help Hunter but as VJ said blokes don't like talking about their feelings.  It was him getting that email from Zac that brought it home again he'd really gone.  Hunter doing those wheel spins were out there but at least he wasn't hitting anyone and the only damage would be to the car.

Not giving anything away but it looks like there is going to be more drama involving Luc.:o

I do find John's story really daft I think it even wins over Brodys story as my worse one. 

I have taken meditation for my Duke of Edinburgh award though so I have experienced all this you are walking through a forset before I just remembered always getting thrown out of class for laughing so much :lol:

The stuff with Hunter felt like a non-story to give him, Olivia and VJ something to do this week and hammer home the Saint Hunter message of "I don't get angry anymore.Well, you know, I just did, but I didn't set fire to anything so yay for me." Even more frustrating, I thought what he said to Leah was spot-on: She didn't treat Zac with respect and she did drive him away.But then he has to not only apologise but say that he was wrong! I'd completely forgotten John was staying at the beach house, I was thinking Nate had left Hunter and Olivia there on their own.At least we got to see VJ showing his understanding side and providing a one-man commentary on Hunter and Olivia bickering.

Nice to see Leah and Ash working together, despite the tension.Maybe Ash wasn't just mouthing platitudes after all.A good point to ask: What exactly happened to Zac/Hunter's car?If Leah gave them a lift home, did they leave it out there?Did she somehow help them fix it?Might it not have made more sense to ask Ash for help, especially when he was right next to Leah when she got the call? Constable Murray seems to be shaping up as quite the character, after years of being so minor I struggled to remember what he looked like from appearance to appearance.(I think growing the beard helped make him more distinctive.)

Despite a bit of conceptual silliness, I was actually quite interested in John's storyline, even though we're not much further along in plot terms.A few flashes of him with a lighter but we already knew there was a barn fire so that's hardly a shocking revelation.Interesting that he was more open to the hypnotherapy than Jett.Sadly, after the ambiguity of last week, we have John stating outright that it was the day after his tenth birthday that his father died.And I find myself wondering how the heck the props department managed to go to so much trouble to get his birthday right (it was exactly the same date as he celebrated it in 2011!) and then put the wrong year.

Palmer did lie about his age in 2012, was it where he was supposedly 53? Ech, that time period's a blur.

Anyhow, this is the one storyline I'm actually interested in at the minute.

I even watched the next one  on 5*, something I haven't done since "Crash Landing".

Archived