Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Did Leah really ask Alf why Zac didn't tell her about Hunter because she would have understood why he didn't turn up for the signing of the divorce papers, I'll skip why they chose Salt to do it in, if I remember she shouted at him she didn't want to know why he didn't show before throwing them down on the table. It was all about her and hard done by she was.  I'm glad Hunter persuaded Zac to go back and say a proper goodbye not for her sake, but for his. I couldn't summon up any sympathy for her when she was wistfully looking at her Wedding Album. She hasn't even got Irene's shoulder to cry on as she's alienated her too. Doesn't look like things are going to  get any better either.

I wondered that about Scarlet and if she had a drink problem when she refused an alcoholic drink, but as you said she did order  a beer, did she actually drink it?  Confirmation  she was a lawyer, has to be connected to this change of life style.  Aside from Raffy being a kid and asking the question adults avoid about did she have a boyfriend Justin was just doing what the others were dying to but were afraid to. If true it appears she has five brothers/sisters and came from Taz. To be fair the Morgan's avoided giving any straight answers when asked about their background, but with very different reasons of course. We do know she is into fishing which helped her make up with Alf.

I wasn't sure at first that was the same guy playing Mason with his new haircut.

Tori and Nate's romance does seem to be limping to a close and actually Tori did seem clingy about him not ringing/texting as to where he was.  His 'we need to talk' conversation ended rather abruptly when she collapsed after drinking that contaminated water, it acted pretty quickly so handy Nate was there.  Lucky it didn't happen to Raffy as being a lot younger she may have had a worse reaction. The hospital, there are other doctors apart from Tori and Nate, discovered it was an overdose of potassium which can cause heart attacks and kill.  Obviously tasteless and odourless.  Brody was quick to put it together and knew what to check when he got home, would it have been safe for him to pour the rest of that water down the sink? Have to agree with Zannis on one point, apart from the front door being open, a default with all the residents in the bay, Buddy apart from a bit of barking didn't do much. Yabby Creek police must be walking around with their eyes closed, Zannis certainly hasn't been lying low. Now Kat has rumbled him having tracked the calls from Zannis to Brody I think Brody will help trap him.

Fortuitous meeting between John and Alf prior to John's visit to his therapist/psychologist, after all if Alf the only other guy in the bay to be the most unlikely to see a 'shrink' can no reason John couldn't. Nice that Alf accompanied him and I do have to agree  Dr. Genner did  only look about 18, must be hard for him trying to get himself taken seriously especially if his patients are more than twice his age.

Neither Ash or Kat could have known this case would get as big as it has resulting in Kat having to put in more hours, though part of me thinks she wants the hours rather than have to spend time with Luc.  Ash is being  a lot better 'parent' than Kat is. The spending more time at work than at home argument would be no different if it was Kat looking after her niece and expecting her partner to do his share, it's just that this time it is role reversal with Ash doing the main caring.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, H&Alover said:

So in one day Zac has chucked his job in and is going off to Vietnam without needing any jabs or visas!:huh::rolleyes: How's paid for his flight btw?    Going against the grain I liked Hunter and Zac's relationship, troubled though it was at times.  Whereas Evie (and Oscar) are/were close family they were his brother's children, Hunter was his or so he thought. SBH is leaderless again and speaking of which is there any reason why we haven't seen the school for what seems ages? Be fair 630si she had only seen off two husbands. How would Hunter even start to look for his biological father, Charlotte for all her faults this time I believe genuinely thought/hoped at the time Zac was the father.  Zac may have not been perfect but this guy may be a right toe-rag. Not surprising Zac forgot about the meeting with the divorce lawyers, I did hope Hunter would have put her straight when she slapped the papers on Zac's table at the Diner. Did you spot Leah signed said papers Patterson-Baker? Lucky Nate was passing by when Zac was trashing the van - hope he leaves money to pay for repairs and cosy little gathering of men folk to say goodbye to Zac including VJ who obviously decided Zac wasn't totally to blame for the breakup.  I remember the 'old' VJ always used to be OK with Leah having men friends but as soon as it got serious he turned against them which resulted in Leah chucking them.  Alf certainly dropped a bombshell on Leah by causally mentioning Zac was leaving not only the bay but the country causing her to dash off to the caravan park.  Not only that shock of course but she doesn't yet know about him and Hunter. I hope Leah took in VJ's remark about being stubborn and where he got it from later in the week.:wink:

I think Roo is in the city arranging to go and find Martha, she did say to Alf she knew someone in the States who could help her.

May be getting way, way ahead of myself and it's too soon for Justin anyway but the way he and Scarlet always take lumps out of each other when they meet does make me think that could soon turn to something else as it usual in soaps. Did Justin tell Scarlet Alf's full name because of course Marilyn always calls him Mr. Stewart so Scarlet wouldn't make the connection.

I know the bayers always say 'the city' when it is obvious, to me anyway, they mean Sydney because when they visit it it is Sydney, but Nate specifically called it Sydney when referring to the job offer.:unsure:  It doesn't appear to be that far away but I suppose with differing hours and shifts it would be tricky to maintain a relationship but I could see way Tori was upset he didn't even talk about it with her to see what they could work out. But she was out of order about getting all sniffy when he wouldn't talk about what went on between him and Zac, it wasn't his secret to tell, though it'll all be out in the open now.

Oh yes, the garage is still open and doing business!!

TBF, Most of US who were from good old Pommyland would call it Sydney no matter how LONG we lived in the Bay!

My main thought during the police interview/statement taking was "Why is Justin sitting with Kat instead of Brody?" Brody leaves out a lot of details, but that is more understandable now that Tori has been hospitalised because he tried standing up to Zannis.Shame no-one thought to follow him to that exchange.It is extremely worrying, not to mention frustrating, that despite his tough talk, Brody kept hold of that free sample Zannis gave him and hid it from Justin.He wouldn't go there again, would he?Sadly, that's his three episodes, so it'll be a while before we find out...

So now VJ doesn't even want to be in the same room as Luc?Where exactly are they going with this?It doesn't help that Ash still seems to be struggling and it's unclear whether Kat enjoying Luc's company is going to last beyond the next time she gets called in to work.I want VJ to be happy and have no real objection to him moving on, but I'm not sure a random hook-up is really helpful.Mind you, they really do seem to be ship-teasing him and Olivia a lot...The mention of Skye was appreciated.

Good that John went back to Bailey (not Doctor Genner, who was the one that treated Tori, apologies if I caused any confusion!).To be honest, I thought he looked quite a bit older than 18, which I guess is a relief that I'm not old enough to see everyone as a teenager yet! His slow realisation that he has no childhood memories was rather worrying.Not sure how this ties in with past references to his father though. If I ever find it, I'll have to rewatch his chat with Romeo about him, because I'll swear he talked as though he knew what it was like to have an alcoholic parent and had very clear memories of his father and was quite old when he died.I seem to remember him saying he gave up on his father and let him drink himself to death and now regretted it, which really doesn't tie in with being ten years old at the time and not remembering him! But maybe I'm remembering it wrong.Anyway, good that both Jett and Marilyn are supporting him and I liked his bemused "Yes, sir."

On 7/11/2017 at 2:03 PM, H&Alover said:

but I could see way Tori was upset he didn't even talk about it with her to see what they could work out.

Oh!!! Is that why?? Everybody's having to read between the lines here and I think it's out of order. I just thought Tori was upset that Nate didn't talk to her about getting the offer in the first place. I mean I don't know when Nate was supposed to talk to Tori about it to be honest... Let me try and work through this logically - Well Coop missed the fundraiser he'd been so fervently advertising because he got an interview with Careflight right? I mean why else is he gonna miss it? "The open road" can wait Nate. He coulda gone and made a day of it with Tori! But he had an interview to get to is my understanding. You think Tori figured that out too? But before Nate went to his interview maybe he didn't want to make a big deal and share with T incase it didn't work out. That's fair enough I think. Or was Nate supposed to share that he had a job offer the moment he walked through the door - like "Hey I might have to go work in Sydney but there are some chocolates to placate you!" NOPE! Well I do know that Coop clammed up pretty quickly once Tori started talking to him about it but again he's a grown man and he made his own decision. Case closed! That's alright too I think. But you think Tori was wanting to talk to Nate and help him take the job so they'll both be happy with it. That figures I suppose.

I just think TPTB are handling this whole thing really poorly so far! :angry: :angry:  I mean the "job and no texting" thing and Nate's talking to John and saying "Maybe we should call time". The first time I ever saw that scene I thought Nate was talking about Kate and Ricky but he mentioned Sophie and Ricky. Hey newsflash Cooper - those were marriages plus three days max, I'd be more tempted to say one, he's been fighting with Tori: Three days, three months sure! That's the same! The first time Nate and Tori ever sat down properly to have a civil conversation about their latest issue was when Nate was shaping up to dump Tessy. Somebody tell me WHERE THE HECK IS TPTB'S LOGIC HERE BECAUSE I THINK IT'S COMPLETELY NON EXISTENT. It makes me so ANGRY y'all. :angry::angry::angry: My fave Aussie ship ever are circling the drain but worse than that all logic has gone out of the window! Tell me when has Tori ever been a whiny nag in the past??? They're not even paying attention to who Tori's character is they've created over the last year or so. WHAT THE HECK?????? THEY'RE SO RUBBISH AND I'M ABOUT TO BE DONE WITH THIS DUMB SHOW AGAIN REALLY SOON. GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody get Changelo Shipper a drink! They need it. :rolleyes:

You're right though, Tori has become such nothing with this whole Nate thing. I actually didn't know they were a couple at the moment until last week. I thought they were still fallen out. The whole thing is farcical, and I loved the thought of them together. Now I just want it done and over with. 

I am very concerned (as are others) of how the whole VJ and Luc thing is shaping up. I can see Luc leaving town with someone eventually. Which will be a real shame. 

Really enjoying Johns journey at the moment and I'm so glad Jett is doing it with him. Marilyn seems to be warming upto things too so I'm thinking that small chance of them sorting this out just got a little bigger. I hope John can find out his memories and what's happening with him. 

Speaking of Marilyn, all I could think when she offered to babysit Luc was of that time she stole Nicole's baby. I was all set for us chasing her through the airport again :D

Sad to see Zac go. I think we all could see his departure coming from the moment his break down in his marriage. And the DNA storyline was never going to end with a positive result. Given that Zac is one of the most decent characters in the show, it is a shame that to achieve his departure, he had to do something relatively out of character by cheating on Leah. Zac had become almost a surogate father to both Matt and VJ, and it seems a shame that both those relationships were damaged as a result of his infidelity. I think I speculated before about him joining Evie, and though it is unrealistic how quickly he turned it round, at least that made it a relatively happy ending. 

Leah continues to be insufferable. She didn't find out about Hunter not being Zac's son because she didn't give him a chance to explain. I had hoped that the letter was all Leah got (because even that seemed too good for her). And now that Zac is no longer around for her to abuse, she is going to be back to taking it out on Irene and Ash. It is time someone, (perhaps Alf), started telling her some home truths about how she is alienating everyone in her surroundings. 

While I think it makes sense that VJ, as an 18 year old boy, would start to have reservations about fighting for custody for a child that isn't even his. The only problem is that it then makes all that drama relating to the custody battles seem very pointless. Fair play on VJ for letting loose. And I like that someone was conscientous re continuity and referenced both Skye and VJ's previous interest in Olivia

So Nate and Tori are having problems. It is a shame because they had potential at the beginning but have been ruined by constant inconsequential arguing. And Tori has become uncharacteristically needy to try to make this storyline work. I assume that Nate will end up taking that job in Sydney after his inevitable break up with Tori. 

Just when we think the syndicate storyline is over, Brody has to bring back criminals into their lives. Great

3 hours ago, Angelica said:

Sad to see Zac go. I think we all could see his departure coming from the moment his break down in his marriage. And the DNA storyline was never going to end with a positive result. Given that Zac is one of the most decent characters in the show, it is a shame that to achieve his departure, he had to do something relatively out of character by cheating on Leah. Zac had become almost a surogate father to both Matt and VJ, and it seems a shame that both those relationships were damaged as a result of his infidelity. I think I speculated before about him joining Evie, and though it is unrealistic how quickly he turned it round, at least that made it a relatively happy ending. 

Leah continues to be insufferable. She didn't find out about Hunter not being Zac's son because she didn't give him a chance to explain. I had hoped that the letter was all Leah got (because even that seemed too good for her). And now that Zac is no longer around for her to abuse, she is going to be back to taking it out on Irene and Ash. It is time someone, (perhaps Alf), started telling her some home truths about how she is alienating everyone in her surroundings. 

While I think it makes sense that VJ, as an 18 year old boy, would start to have reservations about fighting for custody for a child that isn't even his. The only problem is that it then makes all that drama relating to the custody battles seem very pointless. Fair play on VJ for letting loose. And I like that someone was conscientous re continuity and referenced both Skye and VJ's previous interest in Olivia

So Nate and Tori are having problems. It is a shame because they had potential at the beginning but have been ruined by constant inconsequential arguing. And Tori has become uncharacteristically needy to try to make this storyline work. I assume that Nate will end up taking that job in Sydney after his inevitable break up with Tori. 

Just when we think the syndicate storyline is over, Brody has to bring back criminals into their lives. Great

its sad once a show creates a good character they get rid of them. And at add more pain to the viewers they make them turn bad. One reason I hold alot of complaints to neighbours. Yea going back to crime stories why dont they get a boat and become Water Rats!

I think the thing with Zac is we've gone down a path of undoing everything that's been built in his tenure, his marriage broke down, he turned back to the drink, gave up his job and then it turns out he isn't Hunter's dad. I think had his marriage simply broken down and then Evie had got him a job as Principal of her school then that would've been enough.

I can understand your confusion 630si, Nate and Tori have been on and off more times than  a lighthouse lamp so it hard to keep up! I feel he's right he should finish it sooner rather later before they start hating each other.  I don't know if he even planned to go to the city/Sydney so maybe that is why Tori was so surprised to learn he'd applied for a job in Sydney, I'd forgotten he's a Pom. Equivalent of us in the London area saying we're going up town rather than going to London. He hadn't hidden the papers regarding it so obviously was going to mention it. Did I hear him say Medflight(?) which was the job Tori lost him before?

I think everyone needs to remember the most important person in the custody battle isn't VJ, Leah, Ash, Kat, Patrick or Irene it's Luc!  It is her happiness that needs to be thought about and where she will be happiest.  VJ does love her no doubt, but he is uncertain if he can continue to care for her even with Leah's help who lets face it isn't in the right frame of mind, imho, at the moment to care fro a young baby.  Her tension is going to affect Luc.  I know I'm on the other side thinking Ash is doing a good job, yes he's still a novice compared to Leah who has had a young baby to look after but hoping not to sound sexist he's doing a good job for a bloke who has had little knowledge of looking after a baby.  What is good is that he isn't too macho in accepting help when it's offered, in this case Marilyn whose last baby sitting stint was with baby Kyle and it was a step forward that Kat felt more relaxed with Luc after Marilyn took her through bathing her, even Ash was amazed.  Like Ash Kat doesn't appear to have had much contact with babies, so far all she had done with her is hold her while Ash has got changed, feeding her and when she's been crying. Luc was relaxed as she loved being bathed so Kat was relaxed, simples. So all the build up and tension, custody battle may have been in vain if VJ relinquishes  custody to Ash but that is life, it's certainly kept us (well most of us) hooked.

Like I thought, neither Alf or Jett were fooled by John's 'everything went fine and I don't have to go back'.  Of course it took Maz, who was on great form last night to get him admit it hadn't 'gone fine', it was to do with Bailey's age and  persuaded him to go back. To me it does show she still loves John. On that subject Dr. Bailey wasn't exactly overrun with patients was he, he was able to see John that same afternoon!  OK maybe 18 was a little bit of an exaggeration, early 20's!:D  He does know his job though and got John to talk about his past and he didn't poo-poo the suggestion that something bad may have happened that made him block out his childhood memories before he was 12. Great idea by Jett to go back to his home with him and try and find out what may have happened, obviously, from what we saw, it is not going to be a good resolution.  Typical of Maz making up the food parcel.  I'd already done the 'Yes Sir' complete with salute before John did it, I must stop reading characters minds. Yes Red and 630si it is a good story and not at all daft. I think it's going to open up a whole new side of John and how what happened has shaped his life.

Did seem odd Kat 'interviewing' Brody in public in Salt, of course he could hardly take it into the storeroom, his guilty look at the shelf would have been a dead give away.  I must admit I didn't notice where Justin was sitting.  Brody managed to blag his way out of it all, but missed the perfect opportunity to set a trap for William Zannis.  Though he didn't quote the police bible at her Justin knew she couldn't keep either of them much longer as they were having an informal interview, they hadn't been cautioned so could leave anytime. My mind boggled at the fact no-one from the police despite their suspicions were keeping tabs (sorry drug reference unintended)  on Brody, I was really half expecting either Kat or Murray to spring out of those bushes and nick them both.   I d hope he is going to do the right thing and depose of that ice.

They didn't appear to have had many scenes together since his return but nice to see Jett and VJ catching up and yep it was good to hear Skye's name mentioned and that she wasn't a figment of our imaginations.  Sad Jett doesn't appear to have much luck with the ladies, he'd be a great boyfriend as long as this time she doesn't have a dark, unhappy home life. May as well as have had bells and flashing lights but obvious Jessica had eyes for VJ.  He is only 18 so still has all the feelings an 18 year old would have and I'm guessing Jessica doesn't have any idea what has occurred in his life recently otherwise she'd have been a little less full on. Looks like an interesting moment with a bemused Alf being introduced to her on the landing tomorrow morning.:wink::blush::whistling:  Didn't see if Leah was about, I'm rather hoping she isn't, the mood she's in she'll blame Jessica for seducing him! Guilt will kick in with VJ, thinking he's betrayed Billie which will result in him kicking Jessica out.

:offtopic:I don't know if it is just me but I find I need my sunglasses on with the opening credits because of that bikini girl with the impossibly dazzling white teeth!:D  They cannot be natural!

Archived