Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Finding Roo really annoying.  Constantly involved in everybody's business last week and even today.

Whilst I feel sorry for both John and Marilyn and think he probably shouldn't be incarcerated 15 years is probably about right.  I'm assuming as John hasn't left the show and Marilyn's now visiting him in prison they will release him on a technicality somehow.  It's hard to tell but I'm assuming he's putting on a front for Marilyn's sake.  No way will she be able to keep up with visiting him every day.  Maybe at first but the visits will get less frequent.  As John pointed out he wouldn't want her to do that anyway.  Cue the self-sacrifice.

This whole thing with VJ/Ash/Irene is a lose-lose for me.  I would like to see VJ move on with his life and concentrate on his future and that would be more likely if he were free of Luc however I don't think Ash should have her as I'm not sure he would be a suitable parent.  I don't think being convicted of armed robbery is an issue but I feel given his anger issues, the way he was struggling to find a place and Kat's reluctance he should not have custody.  Irene would be the worst out of the three.  I DO NOT want Irene winning.  She has annoyed me immensely ever since she started looking after Luc obviously trying to compensate for her past failings as a parent and I also hate the way she is so clingy and possessive.  The rapists mother should not have custody.  Perhaps it would be better if Luc was given up for adoption.  When Irene served Ash in the Diner as far fetched as it sounds I thought for a split second she was going to spit in his food.

The way Phoebe is sometimes part of me would be glad if she left for a year.  Although it's funny how she made a decision for both of them i.e. they would both be going to the US.  If that had been the other way round and Justin did it she would have hit the roof and delivered a self-righteous female empowerment speech.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was kind of ironic that Roo finally took James out to Salt and then for the first time ever there were no other main characters there: Even the Morgans all seemed to be rostered off together!

Anyway.I am finding Ash's sudden anti-VJ attitude a bit hard to stomach.His talking about VJ having "anger issues" seemed like the biggest pot-kettle-black moment going and I was really glad that VJ laid into him in the Diner (and it's obvious that both Kat and Patrick think he's wrong but don't want to say so).I don't want him to have custody, but much like Slade above, I think Irene getting custody would be even worse.She was spectacularly smug and self-righteous here and seems to have thrown her cap into the ring for purely selfish reasons, to safeguard her access to Luc, when the right thing to do would be to support Leah and VJ and say she'd help them out if they had custody.Especially since on the face of it she's in an even worse position than VJ legally, even with the absurd plot devices retconning away VJ and Billie's marriage: Mick isn't the legal father and she isn't his legal mother (the show's been frustratingly vague about what Mick's been doing for the last forty years, but I assume he got the name Jennings from somewhere), so really all she's got in her favour are a few strands of DNA.I wouldn't say Ash knew Billie better than VJ, I think most of his actions in the last year have indicated the exact opposite, but he did know her longer: He's family, he can tell Luc stories about what her mother was like when she was younger.What's Irene got to offer, the fact that she never actually raised Luc's dad and he grew up to be a rapist?

Marilyn did seem to be in a massive state of denial here, insisting that everyone will realise their mistake soon.Then again, maybe she knows she's a character in Home and Away, where those unfairly imprisoned tended to be let out in pretty short order if they're not leaving.It did seem like her bubble was burst a bit on her visit to prison, with her attempt at bubbly upbeat behaviour being met with disinterest by people who just see her as a statistic.

Wasn't particularly interested in Justin and Phoebe spending what felt like half the episode in bed.Phoebe agreeing to this without consulting Justin is indeed out of line.

16 hours ago, pembie said:

She's won the record. for being the worse  lawyer. Oh and she's the only character who has orange hair so that's worth mentioning 

Is it me or does her hair look just awful this time round. Like, more so than ever.

I think something will happen in the appeal. It's a very long sentence for what technically is arson. 

Poor Marilyn though in complete denial about the whole thing. I guess it hasn't sunk in yet

17 hours ago, pembie said:

She's won the record. for being the worse  lawyer. Oh and she's the only character who has orange hair so that's worth mentioning 

I disagree someone on Neighbours has that title not honor!

1 hour ago, 630si said:

I think something will happen in the appeal. It's a very long sentence for what technically is arson. 

Poor Marilyn though in complete denial about the whole thing. I guess it hasn't sunk in yet

I think Down Under Arson not taken lightly

There were more than one fires lit and lives put in danger more than once. Like samdanfan said bush fires be they accidental or deliberate would be looked on as more serious.

Morag's hair does look a lot thinner than her past appearances.  Back in her Sons & Daughters days it was  a deeper red.

Marilyn is obviously in denial, probably the only way she can cope with it.

Unless something happened off screen, Mick is Luc's legal as well as biological father.  VJ would have to apply to him  should  he want to adopt her which would be a way out of the current mess.   As for Mick being a Jennings he would have taken that surname by the people who adopted him. Once again it is Patrick who is the only one talking sense.  Handy that it was Ash who was nearby when Roo told Leah her lease was up on the Diner flat and was moving back to Alf's.  If, as we all still think, Irene owns it, that may be why she has decided to throw her hat in the custody ring, I'm guessing once Ash talks to the agent who looks after the lease side of things, she has the  option to say yea or nay to whoever gets it. We are talking soaps here, so should know by now the characters never act logically.  

I'm not saying Phoebe needs Justin's permission to tour America for a year, but she should have talked to him not just assumed he'd be willing to drop everything and go with her at almost a moments notice. Although there is noting to stop him, as in The Syndicate is no longer after him and his family (well we hope not) as he said they are finally settled and he wants to enjoy that.  There is his business to think about as well, he could always visit her.

23 hours ago, 630si said:

Thanks yes we should see that in tonight's episode then

I thought we saw that on Friday?  This week we see Marilyn's reaction when she realises who James is.

Archived