Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

Fashion design.  I wonder what 3 years of that would involve.  What happened to the good old traditional subjects?

LGBT IQ society.  :lol: How ridiculous.

Although it was a bit out of line I don't really blame Mason for snapping at Justin.  I expect the last thing he wanted was to talk about Olivia.  I actually don't think Olivia feels Mason is a loser.  She went out with him and tried to move on but couldn't.  And sadly she can't help how she feels.

Kind of enjoyed seeing glimpses of the old Hunter when he was going to fight that guy that was teasing him about not being at uni and having to repeat.  I'm surprised Mason jumped in.  I did actually feel a bit sorry for Mason because he was so good to Olivia about it when he spoke to her afterwards.  Looking at him here reminds me of the references in this thread about the similarities to Chris earlier in the week.  I have noticed one thing that's remarkably similar.  Their inability to hold onto girls.  Neither of them seem to have a problem attracting them initially but I feel there is always something about them which screams he's not relationship material.

So despite what I mentioned previously Ellie's dyslexia hasn't been mentioned.  I would have thought that would be a major factor for her not going abroad.  Luckily Raffy was able to use her smarts and point out that Matt wasn't Ellie's legal guardian (Raffy's reaction upon finding out did make me wonder if Ellie had wanted to go whether she would have been happy for her 'I'm losing my best friend' - one could argue only friend).  Regardless it was enough to at least get Matt to think a lot more about the situation and change his mind which was selfless of him.

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

It might seem less ridiculous if the acronym was correct - LGBTIQ. And I'm not sure the Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer members would agree that they are ridiculous.

Never heard of that.  Never in my entire life.  I just heard Hunter mention it to Olivia in the episode.  Can't keep up with these acronyms!:wink:

16 minutes ago, harrietjames said:

Now you know - glad you weren't being homophobic. :)

Oh yes I have no doubt you thought I was being homophobic initially.  Because this seems to be fairly predictable and indicative of a certain segment of the demographic in this forum - Shoot first, ask questions later i.e. assume that someone is bigoted unless proven otherwise.  Although it's a shame you didn't come here to discuss the actual UK episodes.

Weren't Zac and Leah co-habiting both before and after they become a couple which is why they did their living apart thing so they could go through the experience of being like a normal couple where  they went out and he dropped her home and he went back to the motel. 

LGBTIQ is a new acronym, not sure if it was thought up by those who are or those folk who think they should be represented in some way. Good to know it isn't being ignored by soaps.  Know what you mean about the number if acronyms in use today, the full term is a bit of a mouthful.

Could understand why Hunter felt awkward about telling Olivia's new uni mates that he is still at school, especially going by that guy's reaction when he did own up to having to repeat, they get very snooty very quickly don't they.  Hunter is being more realistic then Olivia.  Does the fact he is in his final year mean he can chose which classes he goes to as that is the second day he hasn't been at school. 

I'm sure Mason didn't need Justin reminding him he'd made a mistake about dating Olivia too soon, no wonder he blew up at him. Nice he stepped in when that prat was winding Hunter up, he doesn't hold a grudge as he knew the writing was on the wall a while ago. His mind could soon be taken off Olivia though with that girl - who it seems has a dark side - as in a spot of drug dealing. Fashion design does have a purpose at the end of it, and there are a lot more outlandish courses out there.

It would be a big wrench for Ellie to leave the people she's just got attached to start all over again, never mind the fact she can't speak the language neither can Matt or Evie.   Not such a good idea by Raffy for her to move in with the  Morgan's house is bursting at the seams already.  I reckon Evie should still go because if she doesn't she will, despite her protests she wants to stay with Matt, resent him in the end and that will break them up quicker than if she does go.

I was wondering why Ash got Billie's death certificate VJ is her next of kin and understandably at her age she wouldn't have made a will.  Don't want to get bogged down into too many legal  technicalities but don't they have probate in Australia even if the person who died didn't have a lot and died intestate we in England still have to through the process. I can see why Ash was down getting the death certificate really makes it final, Billie's gone.

Was only a matter of time Kat and Ash got back together, despite their ups and downs they are right together.  If I remember right  Ash and Billie's dad was alive when Luke died (or as it turns out didn't) so he would have had it if indeed there was one.  I think there are times where a grave can provided even if there is no body, gives family and friends somewhere  to go to remember their loved one.

Just caught today's episode. VJ is at breaking point here with Luc. Alf just arrived in time before he had a complete meltdown by the looks of things. I can understand now how a custody battle ca ensue as VJ won't be in the right place to be looking after a baby. 

The gossips are all out about John what with the front page of the costal news. Marilyn bless her, putting a positive spin on it after everything but she can't shelter him forever. I think Marilyn is also going to crack eventually. She's also struggling and putting a brave face on all the time will just suppress her emotions about what's happened and she will struggle to love on from it. Problem is she's going to have her hands full with John she's not going to have time to heal herself mentally. 

The verdict is still out on Luke where in concerned. I just don't understand it. And I don't blame Ash for that right hook. I'dve done the same. Bit odd Ash broke into a house without question right in front of Kat considering how by the book she's been with him in the past and how her career could be ruined all over again. But there're are... There's a story here, whys he alive? Why did he allow people to think he's dead? How did he find out about Billie? Etc etc...

I didn't like the way Marilyn ignored Irene's advice, I don't think she should have gone round to Leah's and it did seem as though she was doing it mainly to make herself feel better and not necessarily because she wanted to see how VJ was doing.  She wanted to see him to have reassurance that he didn't blame her for John.  But Leah was right not to let her see him.  I'm not quite sure how he would have reacted TBH.  Although Leah was a lot more civil to Marilyn than she has been to her own husband as of late.

I accept all the arguments put previously about John accidentally killing Billie given that she was going to die anyway.  But I guess I can take John's point that the fire he caused accelerated Billie's death rather than preventing it.  If you think about it once we reach adulthood we'll all dying anyway just takes us around 50-70 years.  Given that the fire destroyed people's homes as well as causing Billie's death (according to the storyline) I do feel there has to be some sort of justice.  Not sure what though.

Having looked at VJ today and how he's struggling to look after Luc, I've now come to the conclusion that he would have been better off had he never met Billie.  He wouldn't have fallen in love, been manipulated, lied to, having to go through the trauma of losing his loved one and he wouldn't be stuck looking after somebody else's kid.  I genuinely don't see what he has actually gained in the past year or so from being with Billie.  He will arguably have to give up some of the best years of his life now.  If I was in his position and I saw what I was like back then and could have had a crystal ball to see where I was a year later and had a choice I would have chosen never to have gotten involved with Billie.

Ash's brother looked like he just finished a stint in the armed forces.  I recognised him from Wentworth.  Although good to see that Ash is back to breaking into people's houses and Kat back to being a part time cop and turning a blind eye.

Archived