Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

That was quite a funny jump cut when they showed Ash winding up an obvious headbutt only to have Simmo already on the floor the next second, well they not only showed Brax heabutting Hammer a few years but then showed him proceeding to beat Hammers face into Pizza .I was actually really impressed by the makeup on Hammers face afterwards, even though we only saw it for a second (obviously with it being a daytime soap) he really did look like he'd been battered and busted up, whereas in most soaps they have a bit of eye shadow for a black eye and one nostril dripping a bit of blood

Havn't watched the latest two episodes yet but good grief how many lives does this Kat have? Her and Ash (trying to resist making some kind of fire/burn quip) are so damn irresponsible and downright corrupt yet it seems like we're supposed to be cheering for them Charlie and Brax style while I personally was rooting for Simmo to out the pair of them in front of everybody, we knew they'd find a way to weasel out of that though( That whole password thing though, my goodness even for a soap that was contrived, they may as well have just given Ash some make believe hacker programme like Tabitha seemed to have)

By the by does anybody know the episode number where Charlotte is trying to sell her car to the cheeky bloke?

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, TheBoss said:

That was quite a funny jump cut when they showed Ash winding up an obvious headbutt only to have Simmo already on the floor the next second, well they not only showed Brax heabutting Hammer a few years but then showed him proceeding to beat Hammers face into Pizza .

It's strange though because I saw a scene on YouTube which took place just after Charlie's death.It was in Angelo's and Heath was taunting Brax about Charlie and Brax suddenly jumps up and headbutts Heath.On channel 5 though it just looked like a scuffle and the way it was edited I couldn't tell anything had been cut.

Several threads running.  Knew it would come back to bite Ash and by extension Kat on the bum with what happened to Ash and Shanea/Shanei.  Surprised he didn't join the dots when she told him what Ash had done, she must have told him Ash was there when the cops took his laptop. The twist was Ash feeling so guilty about what he had done to her, he got himself drunk, bunked off work  and then finished with Kat  (that's the way it seemed to me anyway) after confessing what he had done as he didn't like the people  he and Kat had become, lying, sneaking around and him threatening innocent women. Of course once his new threat had fell flat Simmo plays his ace, he knows where Josh and Andy are (or were last he heard). I couldn't see any reason for him to lie, no sign of them, no deal for him, though why would they both risk coming back home as it were, did he say Mangrove River?  What was Kat doing alerting Evie of all people, hardly correct police protocol I would have thought.:rolleyes:

It couldn't have come at a worse time either for Evie, who as she herself confessed to Kat she was starting to have feelings for Matt, which was pretty apparent to us viewers by their body language on the beach and the nearly kiss and the way they were acting in the Diner earlier, very couplish (I know it's not  a proper word, just seemed right) Roo has picked up on it.  I felt sorry for Matt when Evie shot off in pursuit.

I know what Mason did was wrong ringing AmCam (or whatever it is called, still can't make out what he and Tori call it) anonymously, but wouldn't ND have some sort of responsibility to inform a new employer of a possible new staff member's on going health problem?  Nate's role might be physical and his shoulder injury could impede his ability to help a patient thus endangering their life.

Took quite a bit of talking from Mason and Justin (was Brody involved?) to change her mind about going to Bali and her mad idea of appearing there under her real name.  Had a thought about that, supposing who ever is holding the conference have published a brochure of attendees complete with photos!!!!   I can see why she would want to confront Riley and lay some ghosts, hate the closure word,  but Justin left a whole lot more behind and not an adult you can explain things to but a little girl.

Which of course leads to Raffy, and the fact they all stop talking about the WP thing when she comes in the room.  I realise they can't tell her the whole truth, be far too risky, she is only young and could easily blurt it out or let it slip accidently, but did they learn nothing from trying to keep it secret about who her real parents were (though that was more down to Hope than them).  They should tell her something. She's pretty sharp though, asking why there are no family photos around and why they all still live together!  Looks like her and her new mate Ellie plot something together.

13 hours ago, TheBoss said:

That whole password thing though, my goodness even for a soap that was contrived, they may as well have just given Ash some make believe hacker programme like Tabitha seemed to have

What I always find funny is the amount of people who don't lock their smartphones in soaps.  Given that nowadays they store all kinds of personal information and can even be used to manage your bank accounts pay for things in shops etc.

I had to laugh at Simmo getting annoyed with Ash for what happened with his girlfriend purely because he tampered with Ash's sister's car.  Regardless there is a difference between the two.  Ash was genuinely distressed and sorry about what he did.  Simmo apparently doesn't have any remorse for what happened with Phoebe.  I'm glad Kat recognised this and also that it is partly her fault.  So Simmo knows where Andy and Josh are.  If he is telling the truth I would have thought they would have gotten further than the 20 miles from Summer Bay.  I can't believe Kat picked up the phone and called Evelyn to actually tell her about them.  I know she's been struggling with the professionalism but she can't be that bad surely.  I mean come on.  Although in typical soap fashion sods law that as soon she was starting to get over Josh he apparently turns up.  I had to laugh at the scene where she tricked Matt into thinking she wasn't going to go after him then just drove off.

The Morgan's continue to annoy me to no end.  Justin very often seems to have quite a smug expression on his face almost like he's the boss.  I'm glad Raffy is still being cold to him, long may it continue.  It's almost as though he thinks he's this great guy and is perplexed as to her attitude as she should be thinking that the sun shines out of his backside.  She's a very astute girl picking up on their secrecy and lack of photos of themselves and they all live together.  I'm not sure whether they have any intention of telling her the truth but I'm not sure if she will drop this given how they've tried to brush it off.  If Decker wasn't in a coma she may have been able to ask him although I'm not sure he would have told her either.

Mason is just an arsehole.  I wanted to punch him when he reported Nate about hiding his injury when he applied for the job interview.  I don't care why he did it or how desperate he was.  I've found him pretty much useless since he's been on the show but when you add a pain in the backside to that I once again wish he would just disappear.  I don't blame Nate for getting annoyed.  I would be out for blood as well.  I really, really hope he does report the matter, they find out it was Mason and it's the end of his career.  I struggle to understand how he's training to be a doctor as he doesn't appear to be particularly bright.  Perhaps he's one of those super smart people who lacks common sense.  Well at least he used his mobile so hopefully if Nate reports it, someone will track him down.

It would have been interesting seeing Tori going to Bali.  I wonder who's going to take her place.  I genuinely don't understand why she was even considering it irrespective of whether she would have been seen by someone she knew.  Nowadays anything in the public domain can be recorded and uploaded to the internet within seconds which is available to anyone around the globe so just isn't worth the risk.

I think I may have missed some episodes or suffering from amnesia, but can someone remind me what the deal is with Nate's shoulder?

Mason is an idiot. I am with you, Slade, I can't believe he is meant to be a medical student.While Nate should have disclosed the injury, it pisses me off that Mason was willing to sacrifice Nate' career just to stop Tori from going to Bali. 

Looks like the truth might come out soon with Billie - I don't think she will go through with the wedding with that secret intact. However, the funny thing, is that had she told the truth at the beginning, VJ would probably have stuck by her after probably not taking the news well. But now, she stands to lose so much more because of the months of deceit. 

21 hours ago, Angelica said:

I think I may have missed some episodes or suffering from amnesia, but can someone remind me what the deal is with Nate's shoulder?

You know what?  I can't remember either.  I may be wrong but thought it was shorty after the plane crash when they were lifting Brody on the stretcher when they found him shortly after he had been missing.

So we're exposed to the conditions Josh and Andy have been living in.  It does make you think given how close the police were to finding them, they will struggle to manage being on the run for much longer.  I enjoyed Matt's line to Evelyn when they were talking about it "At least they didn't get caught.  Or is that a bad thing?".  It's a fair point as would the conditions in a jail be better than that?

Justin annoys me almost anytime he's onscreen now.  Like Mason he doesn't seem to come across as that intelligent.  It feels like that from the way he talks and I also don't like the way he frequently raises his voice.  So I'm glad he's still experiencing kickback from Raffy.  She's absolutely right to be suspicious about the Morgans.  At least with Phoebe what you see is pretty much what you get.  I quite enjoyed her helping herself to his cash - I'm guessing she's decided to find her dad.  So Hope got eight months.  I'm hoping it's like the UK and she will be out in four.  Funny Phoebe was talking about how harsh it was even though she was the one who called the cops that ultimate led to Hope being imprisoned.

Tori really annoyed me lying to Nate pretending that she made the call about his job application to cover for Mason.  And she basically got him to drop the matter by using emotional blackmail to make him think that he would be ending her career as a doctor after she resigned as head of ED.  To further compound matters she also appeared to try and keep him sweet by getting him to go to Bali and used a mild form of seduction i.e. asking him out on a date to further ensure that this will be dead and buried.  Marilyn once again was being nosey when she asked Nate about it.  I suppose I should be used to it by now but it is still annoying nonetheless.

Nate injured his shoulder when he slid down that incline to rescue Hope, torn ligaments I think,  which do take a while to mend if you don't look after the injury and as a doctor Nate should know that full well, but of course as we know doctors (and nurses) never do what they tell us - their patients - to do. The fact it has been reported, never mind who by, will give him more time for it to heal properly and not run the risk of it becoming a permanent injury which could end his career as a doctor. It did give Tori the perfect excuse for ducking out of the conference, by resigning and Nate being next in line to attend.  Of course there is nothing to say Nate won't get talking to Riley and maybe even showing him a photo of Tori/Tessa!  Nate seemed to have forgiven her pretty quick and was OK about meeting up with Tori when he got back as in a proper date!   Marilyn may be nosey, but she is most of the time pretty astute about who really fancies someone else.

Simmo just didn't cause Phoebe to run Billie over, he cut the brake fluid line on Billie's car which would have been more of a danger, imperilling three lives. I did say before maybe for whatever obscure reason, Josh and Andy came back into the state and so near home. We didn't see the follow up with McCarthy telling him the deal was off as they weren't there, but obviously they had been very recently, but who could have tipped them off, wouldn't have been in Simmo's interest.  Great job of securing it as a crime scene lads, Evie and Matt were able to wander around so easily, leaving foot, finger prints wherever they went.  Can't have been an easy decision by Matt to take that sketch of Evie Josh had done, he could have just left it, but of course it would have been then found by the cops when they did a proper job of looking for evidence,  he could have just hung onto it but made the selfless choice to give it to her. This does spoil any chance he may have had that she and he would become a couple because now she knows Josh is still thinking of her even if she never sees him again, he's come along way that boy, sorry young man.  Talking of Matt did I hear VJ ask why he was thinking of chatting up that girl from the bridal party and what would Maddy say, I thought she had broken up him before she left or did I miss something?

I'm going against the flow, but I don't mind Justin, yes he's a hot head and comes across like a bull in a china shop, but he cares about Raffy, reminding him of his daughter, he can't look after her, but he can try and look after Raffy. All of the Morgan's are in a bind over not being able to tell her the truth, Decker himself, before he went, said she wasn't to try and find him as it would not only put him in danger but also her and the Morgan's.   But of course this has now backfired because she's off to the city to find him, as kids/teenagers do.  They were all pretty on the ball so suss out Ellie would have heard from her. Credit to Phoebe for not pursuing the matter when Brody hinted that Justin had a reason for being so hung up about Raffy but telling her it wasn't it down to him to tell her.

There is definitely something really odd about Jeannie, age confirmed as 23,  and her family set up.  Brody finally plucking up courage to ask her out, or rather back to the Morgan place, bit strange for a first date, but hey ho.  Her wavering at first as her dad likes/insists on her being home for dinner, then making the bold decision she will go.  Then when she does turn up, her dad has chucked her out because she told him she was going out, either he is over protective/obsessive or there is something we don't yet know.  What she told Brody about them not liking her going to uni, working was weird. May just me but was her deciding she wanted to go to bed with him when she has only known him five minutes peculiar.   How did her dad know where to find her and he looked an older man and what was with his accusation that Brody was corrupting her? Could be totally wrong but she couldn't be hoping that she gets pregnant by Brody so she can escape could she?

VJ's Bucks Night that at first he didn't want ended in disaster, or did it, has he really broke both of his arms or is it a prank?  I think if it had been for real, Leah would have been there, tearing strips off them all.

So Billie what's misogynistic about going to a strip club?

Justin the idiot part x, continuing to shout at people and is bordering on treating Phoebe like crap.  Didn't think I would say this (and I'm not sure what is going on with them) but I'm starting to think she deserves better.  I felt sorry for her and Brody when he had a go at both of them.  He also annoyed when he ran after Ellie on the beach and grabbed her.  I know it wasn't like when he did that with Raffy before but still it bothered me and I'm not sure Matt would have been too happy about it had he been there.  I don't care how much he is missing his daughter that he never saw grow up, still really disliking him.

Brody has actually been likeable since Jeannie came onto the scene but I suppose romance can do that to you.  And it looks as though he's actually managed to score with her.  Good for him if he has although he's got her dad to deal with now.

VJ injuring himself on his bucks night could actually be a good thing as it could potentially delay the wedding.

Well parents being Doomsday Preppers is a new one, would that count as a cult?  Jeannie grew up in that environment so like any normal family children don't question their parents lifestyle until older like Jeannie did, unlike if you have been recruited by them and brainwashed into their way of thinking, like Evie and Oscar's dad. At first Mr. Wood did come across just as a protective dad then he got all other worldly, impressed that Brody grew his own food, talking about not knowing what is in food you don't grow yourself and wanting to hold Brody's hand. I'm glad Brody got her to explain what it was all about, he could have imagined al sorts of things. Mason commented to Brody that their father was a drug dealer, but at least they had a normal childhood.  Doesn't sound good that Jeannie's dad has decided they are going away for a while, sounds like they want to want to bring her back to their way of thinking.

I do hope Zac didn't do what Sam so obviously had in mind, what on earth induced him to go back to the motel, he really is incredibly  naïve!  He should have stayed well away after she made that move on him.

So VJ's broken arms were a prank,  getting Leah and Billie in on the joke was a master stroke,  Leah played it so well, not blaming Matt, Ash or Mason but instead having a go at VJ himself was brilliant 'acting' by her.

Well, at least Tori's plan was meant to be nonsense, as Justin and Mason quickly realised.Mason informing Careflight of Nate's injury was dumb but well-intentioned: He really didn't think through the consequences and needed Tori to pull him out of trouble, although it seems her resignation was more about her realising she's getting a bit too high profile than saving him.The Morgans' treatment of Raffy is frustrating though, even if her running off to the city would be dumb even without knowing what she, er, doesn't know.I get that learning the truth about them being in witness protection and the number of people that were trying to kill them would probably freak her out, but they can't convince her she's part of the family while continuing to treat her like an outsider that they need to keep secrets from.

Not sure what the point of "We've found Josh and Andy, oh, no we haven't" was, other than to briefly raise my hopes that someone had seen the light and give Evie some more forgettable angst.Still, it's nice to get confirmation of what I said at the time, that Andy's brilliant plan has condemned them to a hellish existence which will only end if they get killed or caught.(Or is he actually dumb enough to think that if they wait a few years they can come back?)As Evelyn says, the police are useless: Two people responsible for multiple deaths flee from the law and instead of a state-wide manhunt that involves searching exactly that sort of place they've done...what?Stuck up a few Wanted posters and waited by the phones?Kat is even more useless:Phoning Evie was the last thing she should have done.She could have tipped them off, she could have run into the middle of it and got someone killed.Trying to make sense of Simmo's involvement, he did help Andy plan the escape so if they've been there all along he'd known about it.Given the claim that the Barretts moved on "days or hours ago", maybe they legged it as soon as they heard of Simmo's arrest?So Ash and Kat realised that they're the bad guys in this and decided to break up.Will it last?

Jeannie's surname was given as Woods in the first couple of episodes featuring her (and Brody called her dad "Mr Woods") but has disappeared from the credits along with Sam's.They seem to be going through one of those odd periods where they go from giving full names to the most minor of characters to listing fairly major guests with first name only.So we finally get an age for her.And she and Brody seemed to go from first date to sleeping together (twice?) very quickly.How experienced is she?I can't blame her from wanting to get away from her parents, although her dad oddly seemed to shift from foaming at the mouth to calm but crazy to reasonably rational throughout his three scenes.

VJ's bucks party: Interesting that Mason was the responsible one (and has also been a decent brother to Brody this week).The girl whose number Matt got was played by the actress who appeared as Axel Hay's sister in 2008...which excited me more than it should have done but I used her in a couple of fan fictions at the time.I'm in two minds about the prank.Ash seemed to push it a bit far in telling VJ the wedding was off and I'd almost have preferred it if it had been a test of his feelings rather than "I always wanted a little brother to pick on".Still, more cute moments between VJ and Billie (she really does look as though she adores him) makes up for it.

I was disappointed that Zac went back to Sam's and didn't tell Leah straightaway, instead making a half-hearted attempt the next morning, but it's nice that his loyalty to her was never really in doubt, even if he's not going to be a famous author, and that she was also supportive of him.I was worried he was going to have a go at Hunter at the Diner but instead he actually gave him some good advice.At least Olivia asked the question of why Irene is suddenly against a relationship she's been encouraging and almost forcing for the last year, but Irene's answer didn't really ring true since they've never been a healthy relationship.And even this latest break-up doesn't convince.Did think Hunter was blameless over the bronze medallion; John gave him the wrong information and insufficient training, then seemed to fail him to cover it up.Hard to tell if John's meant to be acting out of character:Even though I like him, he can be a jerk at times.A potential gas explosion at the caravan park:Gee, haven't we been here before?Hunter did seem to walk away after his second (third?fourth?) fight with John so probably not him this time.

Archived